Fri, Aug 31, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
Overhauling Teacher EvaluationsDownload audio (MP3)
A state bill overhauling teacher evaluations, which was set to be voted on by the Legislature today, has been withdrawn. AB-5 would have made test scores optional in assessing teachers. We'll discuss the controversy the bill has stirred up in Sacramento, and the broader issue of teacher evaluations.
Host: Penny Nelson
- Eric Heins, vice president of the California Teacher's Association
- Gary Ravani, vice president of the California Federation of Teachers, president of the Early Childhood/K-12 Council for the California Federation of Teachers and a classroom teacher for 35 years
- Jill Tucker, education writer for The San Francisco Chronicle
- Jill Wynns, president of the California School Boards Association and former commissioner of the San Francisco Board of Education
- Tim Melton, vice president of legislative affairs for Students First, a bipartisan grassroots organization focusing on education
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.