Fri, May 18, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
California Primary: Redistricting and the RacesDownload audio (MP3)
With a new top-two system and newly drawn redistricting lines, the results of the upcoming June 5 primary are hard to predict. We'll talk with election experts, political players and journalists about the important races to watch. How is redistricting changing the political landscape? And how is what's happening in California impacting the national political stage?
Host: Scott Shafer
- Carla Marinucci, political writer for The San Francisco Chronicle
- Eric McGhee, research fellow at the Public Policy Institute of California and author of "Open Primaries," a report prepared for PPIC about the possible impacts of Proposition 14
- Matt Rexroad, Yolo County supervisor, Republican political consultant and founding partner at Meridian Pacific
- Robert Stern, former president of the Center for Governmental Studies
- Election 2012: What's Government For?
- Making Sense of California's New 'Top-Two' Primary : from KQED's The Lowdown blog
- Debut of the Top-Two Primary System