Mon, May 14, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
Election 2012: Debut of the Top-Two Primary SystemDownload audio (MP3)
In the first statewide election since California voters created the top-two primary system, the two candidates with the most votes on June 5 -- regardless of their party affiliation -- will move on to face off in the November election. How will the new system impact the state's political landscape?
Host: Michael Krasny
- Jon Fleischman, GOP strategist and publisher of FlashReport.org, a website on California politics
- Kevin Yamamura, senior writer for The Sacramento Bee
- Laura Wells, 2010 Green Party candidate for Governor of California
- Steve Peace, former California Democratic legislator and co-chairman of the California Independent Voter Project, which authored the Top Two Candidates Open Primary Act
- Election 2012: What's Government For?
- Making Sense of California's New 'Top-Two' Primary : from KQED's The Lowdown blog