Wed, Apr 4, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
Liberal Bias at UC?Download audio (MP3)
Students at the University of California are receiving a biased and compromised education from activist professors. So says a new report by the privately funded National Association of Scholars. We discuss the report, and what it sees as the "politicization of higher education."
Host: Michael Krasny
- Peter Berkowitz, Tad and Dianne Taube senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, member of the National Association of Scholars board of directors and author of an opinion piece in The Wall Street Journal about the report
- Jeremy Mayer, associate professor and director of the Master of Public Policy Program at George Mason University and co-author of "Closed Minds?: Politics and Ideology in American Universities"
- Robert Powell, vice chair of the University of California Academic Senate and a faculty representative to the University of California Board of Regents
- Shawn Lewis, political science major and a junior at UC Berkeley, Bay Area regional chair of the California College Republicans and president of the Berkeley College Republicans
- Vishalli Loomba, molecular and cell biology major and a senior at UC Berkeley and president of the Associated Students of the University of California (ASUC)
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.