Tue, Mar 13, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
Massacre in AfghanistanDownload audio (MP3)
U.S. forces in Afghanistan have been warned of possible reprisal attacks following the killings of 16 civilians -- nine of them children -- allegedly by a lone U.S. serviceman. While the Obama administration says its war strategy in Afghanistan will remain intact, lack of trust on both sides complicates the future of this mission.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Kathy Kelly, co-coordinator for Voices for Creative Non-Violence
- Laura King, Afghanistan bureau chief for the Los Angeles Times
- Sean Parnell, former U.S. Army ranger with 16 months of combat and author of "Outlaw Platoon: Heroes, Renegades, Infidels, and the Brotherhood of War in Afghanistan"
- Stephen Biddle, senior fellow for defense policy at the Council on Foreign Relations and author of "Military Power: Explaining Victory and Defeat in Modern Battle"
- Tamim Ansary, lecturer and author of books including "Destiny Disrupted: A History of the World Through Islamic Eyes"