Fri, Feb 3, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
The Trouble With SugarDownload audio (MP3)
Researchers at UCSF argue that sugar poses a danger to health and should be regulated like alcohol and tobacco. Is sugar just empty calories, or something much worse?
Host: Dave Iverson
- Claire Brindis, professor of pediatrics and director of the Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies at UCSF
- Fredric Kraemer, professor of medicine and chief of the Division of Endocrinology, Gerontology and Metabolism at the Stanford University School of Medicine
- Jo Ann Hattner, registered dietician and consultant at the Stanford School of Medicine
- Robert Goldberg, vice president and co-founder of the Center for Medicine in the Public Interest and author of "Tabloid Medicine"
- Sugar: A Sweetener Gone Sour? : from KQED's State of Health blog