Tue, Jan 31, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
Obama's Tuition PlanDownload audio (MP3)
President Obama's message to colleges is simple: perpetual tuition hikes are no longer an option. Last week, he promised to reward colleges if they hold the line on tuition increases. On the other hand, he told college administrators that if they don't stop tuition from going up, then the funding they get from taxpayers each year will go down. We discuss the president's proposal.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Mark Yudof, president of the University of California
- Martha Kanter, under secretary of education in the U.S. Department of Education
- Christopher Prado, student body president at CSU East Bay
- Debbie Cochrane, program director at The Institute for College Access & Success
- Kristen Soares, president of the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU)
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.