Mon, Jan 30, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
Occupy Oakland ArrestsDownload audio (MP3)
More than 400 people were arrested in clashes with police after a City Hall march and rally Saturday by Occupy Oakland. On Sunday, Mayor Jean Quan decried the damage and said the demonstrations have cost the budget-strapped city more than $5 million. Meanwhile, protesters criticized police conduct, saying the arrests were illegal and that OPD gave them no option to disperse. We discuss the weekend's developments.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Jean Quan, mayor of Oakland
- Chris De Benedetti, reporter with the Bay Area News Group who covered the Occupy Oakland protests Saturday
- Don Link, former chair of the Oakland Community Policing Advisory Board
- Mark Mason, member of the Occupy Oakland Media Working Group
- Nancy Nadel, Oakland City Councilmember
- Spencer Mills, citizen journalist who has been live-streaming "Occupy" protests from across the Bay Area and has attracted a global following
- Reporters Arrested, Detained During Occupy Oakland Protest : from KQED's News Fix blog
- Police Crowd Control Tactics Again an Issue in Occupy Oakland Protest : from KQED's News Fix blog
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.