Thu, Jan 19, 2012 -- 9:00 AM
Marin County Income InequalityDownload audio (MP3)
A new report titled "A Portrait of Marin" reveals stark income inequality between residents living in the wealthiest and those in the poorest parts of the county. The disparities extend to education and housing as well as health. Among the findings: a baby born in Ross will likely live 13 years longer than one born in Novato's Hamilton neighborhood. We talk about the findings and recommendations.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Ben Mangan, president and CEO of Earn
- Kristen Lewis, co-director of the American Human Development Project
- Makini Hassan, executive director of the Marin City Community Development Corporation
- Mary Jane Burke, superintendent of schools for Marin County
- Thomas Peters, president and CEO of the Marin Community Foundation
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.