Thu, Jan 5, 2012 -- 10:00 AM
FishboneDownload audio (MP3)
Los Angeles band Fishbone emerged in the 1980s with a powerful mix of punk and funk at a time when music was dominated by rigid genres. We talk with founding members of Fishbone and the directors of the new documentary "Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone," about breaking the barriers between black and white music and why the band didn't become the superstars that many musicians and critics expected them to be.
Host: Scott Shafer
- Angelo Moore, saxophonist and vocalist for Fishbone
- Norwood Fisher, bassist and back-up vocalist for Fishbone
- Dre Gipson, keyboardist, guitarist and back-up vocalist for Fishbone
- Chris Metzler, co-director of "Everyday Sunshine"
- Lev Anderson, co-director of "Everyday Sunshine"
- About the film "Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone" : at FishboneDocumentary.com
- Showtimes for "Everyday Sunshine" at the Roxie Theater : at Roxie.com
- Fishbone performs 'Ma & Pa', 'DUI Friday' and 'Crazy Glue' : recorded live at KQED
- Film Review: "Everyday Sunshine" : from The California Report