Mon, Nov 21, 2011 -- 9:00 AM
Clock Ticks for SupercommitteeDownload audio (MP3)
The congressional deficit reduction supercommittee faces a Wednesday deadline to reach an agreement on reducing the deficit. If the panel does not reach a deal, $1.2 trillion will automatically be cut from defense and domestic spending in 2013. We look at the politics behind the deliberations.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Allen Sinai, chief global economist and strategist for Decision Economics Inc.
- Anna Eshoo, congresswoman, U.S. House of Representatives - Representing the 14th Congressional District - contains portions of San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties
- Dan Lungren, member, U.S. House of Representatives - Republican Congressman representing California's 3rd District.
- Felicia Sonmez, reporter for The Washington Post
- Jake Sherman, congressional reporter for POLITICO
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.