Mon, Nov 21, 2011 -- 9:00 AM
Clock Ticks for SupercommitteeDownload audio (MP3)
The congressional deficit reduction supercommittee faces a Wednesday deadline to reach an agreement on reducing the deficit. If the panel does not reach a deal, $1.2 trillion will automatically be cut from defense and domestic spending in 2013. We look at the politics behind the deliberations.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Allen Sinai, chief global economist and strategist for Decision Economics Inc.
- Anna Eshoo, congresswoman, U.S. House of Representatives - Representing the 14th Congressional District - contains portions of San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties
- Dan Lungren, member, U.S. House of Representatives - Republican Congressman representing California's 3rd District.
- Felicia Sonmez, reporter for The Washington Post
- Jake Sherman, congressional reporter for POLITICO