Mon, Oct 17, 2011 -- 9:00 AM
Oakland Police ShakeupDownload audio (MP3)
Oakland has sworn in Howard Jordan to head its police department, replacing Chief Anthony Batts who announced his departure just two days earlier. We discuss public safety in Oakland, including this week's special election to decide whether Oakland will adopt a parcel tax to extend funding for police programs.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Jean Quan, mayor of Oakland
- Howard Jordan, Oakland's interim police chief
- Matthai Kuruvila, staff writer for The San Francisco Chronicle
- Sean Maher, reporter for the Oakland Tribune
- Analysis: Chief Batts' Tenure at OPD, and the Department Going Forward : from KQED's News Fix blog
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.