Thu, Oct 6, 2011 -- 10:00 AM
Wall Street Protests SpreadDownload audio (MP3)
The Occupy Wall Street protests continued this week in New York, San Francisco and other cities across the country. Some labor unions and Democratic politicians are now embracing the movement, which has higher public approval ratings than Congress. Will the protests evolve, as some progressives hope, into a sort of liberal Tea Party?
Host: Dave Iverson
- Anca Suiu, member of the media and information team for Occupy Wall Street
- Clara Jeffery, co-editor of Mother Jones
- David Meyer, professor of sociology, political science and planning, policy and design at UC Irvine, and author of books including "The Politics of Protest: Social Movements in America"
- Robert Reich, professor of public policy at UC Berkeley's Goldman School of Public Policy, former labor secretary under President Clinton and author of books including "Aftershock: The Next Economy and America's Future"
- Zeygum Kabeer, member of the communication working group for Occupy San Francisco