Tue, Aug 30, 2011 -- 9:00 AM
NTSB's Final Report on the San Bruno ExplosionDownload audio (MP3)
The National Transportation Safety Board is issuing its final report on the PG&E pipeline explosion -- the worst in a decade -- that took the lives of eight people and destroyed 38 homes in San Bruno last year. After reviewing 14,000 pages of public record, the NTSB will reveal its conclusions during a hearing today.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Jackie Speier, U.S. congresswoman (D) representing California's 12th Congressional District
- Amy Standen, reporter for KQED Public Radio
- Bill Magoolaghan, San Bruno resident whose house was severely damaged from the pipeline explosion
- Jaxon Van Derbeken, reporter for The San Francisco Chronicle
- Jerry Hill, member of the California State Assembly (D) representing the 19th District
- Jim Ruane, mayor of San Bruno
- Paul Rogers, environment reporter for the San Jose Mercury News and managing editor of Quest, KQED's science and environment series
- Rick Kuprewicz, pipeline safety expert
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.