Wed, Aug 10, 2011 -- 9:00 AM
The Bay Area Housing MarketDownload audio (MP3)
More Bay Area homeowners owe more than their homes are worth than did last year, according to a new report from the real estate website Zillow. Analysts say the increase shows continued weakness in the housing sector. We discuss the report, and what it means for homeowners and the overall economy.
Host: Sydnie Kohara
- Amy Bohutinsky, chief marketing officer for Zillow
- Atif Mian, associate professor of finance and real estate at UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business
- Carolyn Said, staff writer covering mortgages and the real estate market for The San Francisco Chronicle
- Paul Winders, real estate broker with Around Town Realty in Vallejo
- Rick Turley, president of Coldwell Banker of the San Francisco Bay Area
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.