Tue, Jun 28, 2011 -- 9:00 AM
State Budget DealDownload audio (MP3)
California Governor Jerry Brown and Democratic leaders announced on Monday that they had reached a deal on a majority-vote budget. We get the details on the plan, which is expected to come up for a vote today.
Host: Michael Krasny
- John Myers, KQED's Sacramento bureau chief
- Jean Ross, executive director of the California Budget Project, a public policy research group based in Sacramento
- Jim Nielsen, state assemblyman (R) representing California's 2nd District and vice chair of the Assembly Budget Committee
- Jon Fleischman, GOP strategist and publisher of FlashReport.org, a website on California politics
- Mark Leno, state senator (D) representing California's 3rd District and chair of the senate Budget and Fiscal Review Committee
- The Budget Deal Explained : from John Myers, at KQED's News Fix blog
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.