Fri, Apr 22, 2011 -- 10:00 AM
'Something Ventured'Download audio (MP3)
The new documentary "Something Ventured" tells the story of the early, visionary venture capitalists who took chances on technology companies like Intel, Apple and Genentech -- and helped make Silicon Valley the center of innovation that it is today. We talk to the directors of the film, which is showing this week as part of the San Francisco International Film Festival.
Host: Dave Iverson
- Dan Geller, producer and director of "Something Ventured"
- Dayna Goldfine, producer and director of "Something Ventured"
- Don Valentine, venture capitalist with Sequoia Capital
- Jimmy Treybig, founder of Tandem Computers
- About "Something Ventured" : at SomethingVenturedTheMovie.com
- Showtimes and ticket info for "Something Ventured" : at the San Francisco International Film Festival's website
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.