Thu, Mar 31, 2011 -- 10:00 AM
Redistricting CaliforniaDownload audio (MP3)
California voters passed Prop. 11 as a way to stop political gerrymandering. The measure took the drawing of legislative districts out of the hands of lawmakers, and instead put it into the hands of a bipartisan organization called the Citizens Redistricting Commission. But that group is already under fire for alleged political bias -- and its work is not yet underway.
Host: Scott Shafer
- Connie Galambos Malloy, commissioner with the California Citizens Redistricting Commission
- Robert Stern, president of the Center for Governmental Studies
- Steve Maviglio, Democratic political consultant
- Vincent Barabba, commissioner with the California Citizens Redistricting Commission
- About the Citizens Redistricting Commission : at WeDrawTheLines.ca.gov
We talk with two commissioners about these claims, and about the state of California's redistricting effort.
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.