Mon, Mar 14, 2011 -- 9:00 AM
Japan Earthquake UpdateDownload audio (MP3)
We discuss the aftermath of the devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan on Friday, including recovery efforts and ongoing concerns over the possible meltdown of nuclear reactors.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Brad Alexander, spokesman for the California Emergency Management Agency
- Charles Ferguson, president of the Federation of American Scientists
- Daniel Okimoto, professor emeritus at the Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center
- Paul Osaki, executive director of the Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Northern California
- Ross Stein, geophysicist at the U.S. Geological Survey in Menlo Park
- Willie Pesek, columnist at Bloomberg News' Tokyo bureau
Japan was considered the world's leader in earthquake and tsunami preparedness. What lessons can Northern Californians living in earthquake country learn that will help heighten overall preparedness?
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.