Wed, Jan 19, 2011 -- 9:00 AM
Bay Area Radio ShakeupDownload audio (MP3)
Longtime classical music station KDFC has been sold to the University of Southern California, and will move its signal down the radio dial. As part of the shift, freeform college station KUSF -- on the air at 90.3 FM since 1977 -- will go online-only. We discuss the changes.
Host: Scott Shafer
- Brenda Barnes, president of USC radio and managing director of the Classical Public Radio Network
- Irwin Swirnoff, music director for KUSF
- Jack Messmer, executive editor of Radio Business Report, Inc.
- Joshua Kosman, classical music critic for the San Francisco Chronicle
- "In Bay Area Radio Scramble, Some Listeners Fall Off the Dial" : from KQED's NewsFix blog