Fri, Jul 23, 2010 -- 10:00 AM
Is San Francisco Fashionable?Download audio (MP3)
We take up fashion in San Francisco. The Bay Area graduates hordes of fashion students from five major institutions, but if people succeed, they usually take their talent out of town. What's the state of the fashion industry in the Bay Area? Do San Franciscans have style?
Host: Scott Shafer
- Bacca Da Silva, fashion designer of Bacca Da Silva in downtown San Francisco
- Ben Ospital, partner of Modern Appealing Clothing (MAC) in Hayes Valley
- Elisabeth Laurence, host of "Lives of Style" on KRON 4 TV
- Jay Nicolas Sario, fashion designer and contestant on Season 7 of "Project Runway"
- Jennifer Jones, owner of Candy Store Collective, with stores in the Mission and Pacific Heights
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.