Tue, Dec 22, 2009 -- 9:00 AM
Power Struggle in MarinDownload audio (MP3)
The Marin Energy Authority, made up of officials from the county and most of its cities and towns, plans to compete with Pacific Gas and Electric to provide more renewable energy. PG&E opposes the plan and is pushing for a ballot measure that would allow taxpayers to decide whether their local governments can take on the job of energy provider.
Host: Scott Shafer
- David Rubin, director of service analysis for PG&E
- Dawn Weisz, interim director of the Marin Energy Authority
- Jeanne MacLeamy, mayor of Novato
- Paul Fenn, president of Local Power Incorporated
- Severin Borenstein, co-director and professor at The Energy Institute at UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business
Also, please note that your comments could be read on air. We may edit them for clarity or brevity, and we will use only your first name to identify you on the air.