Weir Cooking in the City: Top Ten Classic Pairings|
1. Sauvignon Blanc with goat cheese.
2. Cabernets and Bordeaux with beef.
3. Fruitier wines like Riesling or Gewürztraminer with Asian dishes.
4. Pinot Noirs with turkey, chicken, duck, pheasant, and just about everything.
5. Pinot Noir, Red Burgundy, or Chardonnay with grilled salmon and other fatty fish.
6. Pinot Gris or Pinot Grigio with lighter dishes like shrimp, scallops, and salads.
7. Chardonnay with roast chicken or sautéed fish.
8. Zinfandel with grilled or barbecued dishes.
9. Sparkling wine with smoked salmon-and-caviar pizza.
10. Champagne with salty foods.
Recipe ©2004 Joanne Weir from Weir Cooking in the City, reprinted by permission.