TV Daily Schedule: KQED Plus
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED Plus: Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Comcast 10 • Digital 9.2, 54.1 or 25.2
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amTavis Smiley [#2977] 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, part 2 of 3 Tavis talks with Dr. Algernon Austin from the Economic Policy Institute, who summarizes the EPI's "The Unfinished March" report, which addresses changes that have - or have not - occurred in the 50 years since the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. Tavis also talks with Marian Wright Edelman of the Children's Defense Fund and history professor Dr. Mary Frances Berry. The two longtime activists - the Children's Defense Fund founder and the former Civil Rights Commission chair - discuss the work being done to make the goals of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom a reality. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
12:30 amFilm School Shorts [#103H] Letting Go THE CHAIR (NYU) - A mysterious outbreak of poisonous mold has invaded a small town. One boy attempts to understand his mother's death, his grandmother's obsession with their discarded recliner, and the roots of this short-lived, strange and inexplicable plague.
BUNNY (Columbia) - Inspired by an event from director Robert Snow's childhood, Bunny tells the story of a young boy in a rough Philadelphia neighborhood who marches into the ghetto to retrieve his pet rabbit from the boy who stole him. duration 24:58 STEREO TVPG-VL
1:00 amMagic Moments - The Best of 50's Pop (My Music #102) Take a stroll down memory lane with the pop sounds of this concert special. This reunion brings together the greatest recording artists from the 50s pop era. Taped in Atlantic City's Trump Taj Mahal, it is hosted by Mary Lou Metzger, Phyllis McGuire and Pat Boone, and features a cavalcade of 1950s pop music recording legends, reuniting and performing their biggest hits. The McGuire Sisters (who reunite for the first time since 1967), Debbie Reynolds, Patti Page, the Chordettes, the Crew Cuts, the Four Lads, the Four Aces, the Four Coins, Don Cherry, Gogi Grant and more take the stage and share the good times.
This nostalgia-fest features a mix of new performances and short archival footage transitions of the fads, fashions, news stories and pop cultural events of the 50s decade. Tribute montages also highlight the superstar 50s pop icons who have died in recent years (Dean Martin, Perry Como, Rosemary Clooney, Johnny Ray and more). Special guest presenters include Wink Martindale, Rip Taylor, Brett Somers, Dr. Joyce Brothers, Nick Clooney, Fess parker and Joni James.
"26 Miles"; "Big Man" (Four Preps); "April Love" (Pat Boone); "Band of Gold" (Don Cherry); "Goodnight Sweetheart, Goodnight" (Ensemble); Greatest Hits Medley (McGuire Sisters); "Istanbul"; "Standing on the Corner" (Four Lads); "Little Darlin'" (Diamonds); "Lollipop" (Chordettes); "Shangri-la" (Four Coins); "Sh-Boom" (Crew Cuts); "Sit Right Down and Write a Letter"; "All in the Game" (Mel Carter); "Tammy" (Debbie Reynolds); "Tennessee Waltz"; "Old Cape Cod" (Patti Page); "The Wayward Wind" (Gogi Grant); "Three Coins in the Fountain"; "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing" (Four Aces). duration 1:56:56 STEREO TVG
3:00 amUnleash The Power of the Female Brain with Dr. Amen Bestselling author and brain expert Dr. Daniel Amen offers insight on the unique characteristics and needs of the female brain along with a practical, prescriptive program targeted specifically for women to help them thrive. He addresses the issues women ask about the most including fertility, pregnancy, menopause, weight, stress, anxiety, insomnia, and relationships. duration 1:57:48 STEREO TVG
5:00 amParadise by the Bay Few places on Earth boast the natural beauty that surrounds us in the Bay Area, and even fewer can match such scenery with an amazing history. This special takes a tranquil journey from the tops of our mountains to the shores of our coast, sharing Native American legends, tales of European explorers and interesting details along the way. duration 58:49 STEREO TVG
6:00 amZoboomafoo [#119] Running Chris, Martin and Zoboo focus on running when an emu stops by Animal Junction. An emu is a bird that's too heavy to fly, but her long legs are great for running. Chris and Martin set about running like each creature they encounter: sideways like a crab, on a tree branch like a fisher, up a wall like a gecko, superfast like a cheetah. Jackie and her friend Matt love to take the neighborhood dogs for a run. Or is it the neighborhood dogs that take them for a run? Either way, running is great exercise for dogs and humans alike, and it's a lot of fun. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amRaggs [#146] Machines B. Max invents a new machine called the "Seed Sower 7000" to simplify their work in the garden. It is such a great idea, that the dogs think of all kinds of machines they should make to simplify life at the clubhouse. Razzles finds a music machine that's so good at playing the band's songs it replaces everybody - including Razzles! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amSesame Street [#4213H] The Camouflage Challenge Elmo is taking pictures of his friends when they hear someone say something. It's Camouflage Carla! She is camouflaging and blending into the wall behind her. Elmo and Rosita want to camouflage too! Camouflage Carla tells them to join The Camouflage Club. All they have to do is pass the Camouflage Challenge and find six camouflaged things on Sesame Street in six minutes. First, they find a grasshopper that blends in with the green leaves. Next, they spot two butterflies that are camouflaged among the flowers. Then, they find a green lizard perched on a green leaf. Finally, they find two ladybugs camouflaged on Elmo's red fur! Elmo takes a snapshot of each critter as they go along and at the end they count six camouflaged things all together. They passed the challenging Camouflage Challenge! Carla gives each of them their very own uniform and Elmo and Rosita become full-fledged members of The Camouflage Club! THEME: Science O / 6 duration 58:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amWordWorld [#126H] A Kooky Spooky Halloween/Sheep's Halloween Costume * A Kooky Spooky Halloween - The WordFriends get their share of scares the night before Halloween, when Pig sleepwalks and everyone thinks he's a ghost!
* Sheep's Halloween Costume - It's Halloween - Sheep's favorite day of the year. Sheep likes nothing more than to dress up, so she always goes out of her way to make herself a special costume. But what will she do when her WordFriends need pieces of her costume for their own costumes? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#115H] The Class Votes/The Neighborhood Votes The Class Votes - At school, Daniel and his classmates get to choose their new class pet! Teacher Harriet explains that they can either get a bunny or a turtle. The kids learn what it means to 'vote' and that sometimes it doesn't always turn out your way. Luckily, ALL of the kids find something to love about their new pet, 'Snowball'! The Neighborhood Votes - The Tiger family is going to Clock Factory Park today to hear a big announcement from King Friday. Daniel has to make several choices throughout the day, culminating in one BIG group decision: King Friday announces that the kids can choose one new piece of playground equipment and everyone gets to speak up for what they want by voting! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amCaillou [#311] Caillou The Bookworm * Caillou the Librarian - Caillou is excited about showing Rosie the ropes when they visit the library. During storytime Caillou imagines he's in the story, riding on a dolphin. Later he and Rosie argue over a book and accidentally tear it. He doesn't want to tell the librarian, but finally musters up the courage to do so. The librarian turns out to be very nice and he helps her fix the book. And Rosie gets her very own library card!
* Caillou the Bookworm - Returning home from the library Caillou is very eager to sit down and enjoy his pirate book. Unfortunately it's a very busy day and he's having trouble finding a quiet place to look at his book. Caillou finally finds the perfect place - in his closet! By the light of his flashlight he finally gets to enjoy his book and pretends he's the pirate in the story digging up a buried treasure.
* Caillou the Storyteller - It's a rainy day at playschool and the children can't go outside. Caillou makes up a funny story about a superhero who makes the rain stop - it's Super Caillou! He tells the story to Jeffrey and Jason, and Miss Martin suggests he make his own storybook. She writes the story down and Caillou draws the pictures. By the time Mommy comes to pick him up, Caillou has his very own book to show her! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amSid the Science Kid [#115H] All My Senses Sid wants to know about all his different senses. At school, Sid and his friends embark on a quest to explore vision, hearing, touch, smell and taste! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
10:00 amCurious George [#503H] George's Super Subway Adventure/Well Done, George * George's Super Subway Adventure - The Man with the Yellow Hat has two surprises for George today: They're going to the zoo and they're riding the subway! George is so excited to see his first underground train that he hops right on, leaving the Man behind at the subway terminal. After comical mishaps where the two barely miss meeting up and some fun stops along the way, George figures out how to take the train all the way to the zoo, where he patiently waits for his friend to catch up.
* Well Done, George - A certain muddy monkey needs a bath, but there's no water coming out of the faucet. George and the Man with the Yellow Hat find a broken water pump in their well and head back to the city so George can take that much needed bath. This time when the water stops flowing from the faucet, George takes matters into his own paws and uses his newly acquired knowledge to build a well in their front yard. But can he build a pump to get the water from the ground into his fifth floor bathtub? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#113H] Maps/Termite Towers * Maps - Nick and Sally are pretending to be pirates. The Cat takes them on a real pirate adventure by following a treasure map! They use landmarks to find their way to a real pirate treasure: parchment paper and ink pens to make their own pirate maps!
* Termite Towers - Sally and Nick just can't seem to keep their block tower from toppling over. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet some expert tower builders: the termites! After shrinking down to bug-size, they learn from Terry termite how to build a tower that won't wiggle and wobble. With some engineering tips from a termite, Sally and Nick can build their block tower higher than before! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
11:00 amClifford's Puppy Days [#119] Fall Feast/Norville's New Game * Fall Feast - It's the Fall Feast holiday and the Howards are planning to visit Emily Elizabeth's grandparents. But a huge snow storm leaves them snowed in at the train station, along with many of their friends and neighbors. At first, everyone's spirits are very low but Clifford helps Emily Elizabeth realize that the group can celebrate the Fall Feast together and rejoice in its spirit of sharing.
* Norville's New Game - The animals are in the courtyard making up games. When it's Norville's turn to invent a game he consistently reinvents the rules so that each time emerges as the winner. Each time this happens, he further alienates his friends until they eventually refuse to play with him anymore. In the end, Norville realizes the importance of playing fair.