TV Daily Schedule: KQED Plus
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED Plus: Monday, February 18, 2013
Comcast 10 • Digital 9.2, 54.1 or 25.2
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amMoyers & Company [#206H] The Fight to Keep Democracy Alive * As President Obama gave his State of the Union address on Tuesday, many wondered why there was not a word in the speech about taming the power of private money over public policy. There's no question that big money calls the shots, or at least tilts the debate, on many issues vital to America's democracy and integrity.
This week, Bill is joined by Dan Cantor, Executive Director of New York's Working Families Party, and Jonathan Soros, co-founder of the "Friends of Democracy" super PAC and a Senior Fellow at the Roosevelt Institute. They explore the virus in our politics, and what can realistically be done about it. The two have joined forces to curb the influence of money on politics, even if it means creating yet another big money super PAC to battle for - instead of against - democracy.
* Also on the program, Bill discusses the power of poetry with Martín Espada. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amEd Sullivan Comedy Special For 23 years, The Ed Sullivan Show featured America's premiere comedy legends performing their acts for millions of Americans every week. This special from the Sullivan archives brings back the original stars that defined the history of comedy, in their prime doing their original acts. The talent line-up includes classic bits from Jack Benny, Bob Hope, Red Skelton, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Flip Wilson, Joan Rivers, Alan Klein, Jack Paar, Jackie Gleason, Victor Borge and many more. duration 1:58:56 STEREO TVG
3:00 amGreat Performances [#3609(] Placido Domingo: My Favorite Roles Placido Domingo is not only one of the most popular and celebrated tenors of his generation, but his international career has also led him to his dual directorships of the Washington National Opera and the Los Angeles Opera. In this performance documentary, Domingo looks back and reflects on his favorite roles from opera houses around the world. The story of Domingo's roots in Spain is interwoven with his famous performance as Don Jose in "Carmen" at the Vienna Staatsoper. His memories about his childhood in Mexico inform his acclaimed performance of "El Gato Montes" from the LA Opera. We see him in some of his earliest roles singing "cielo e mar" from "Gioconda" in Madrid, as well as his debut in "Ernani" at Milan's La Scala. Other highlights: from the Metropolitan Opera, his striking performance in Verdi's "Luisa Miller;" excerpts from the Emmy-winning "Tosca" from Rome; and Domingo's star turns in "Simon Boccanegra," "Les Contes D'Hoffmann," "Samson et Dalilah," "I Pagliacci" in Zefirelli's film (La Scala) and his enduring signature role in Verdi's "Otello." duration 1:59:02 STEREO TVG
5:00 amGlobe Trekker [#1115] London City Guide 1 Jonathan begins his exploration of London with a double-decker bus tour of the city's famous sites, including the Tower, St. James's Palace and the British Museum. He later strolls through Hyde Park, pays a whirlwind visit to trendy Camden Market, shops at the world-renowned Harrods in exclusive Knightsbridge and pays tribute to the Beatles at Abbey Road Studios. He then takes a boat trip down the Thames to the Cockney heartland of the East End, where he meets a genuine cockney, Helen, who invites him to sample a good old East End snack - jellied eels. Jonathan ends his stay with a stop in Brixton, the black capital of Europe, visiting a traditional Caribbean barber. duration 56:04 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:00 amZoboomafoo [#112] Homes When a beaver gnaws his way through Animal Junction, Chris, Martin and Zoboo realize that he's looking for wood so he can build his dam. A creature's home provides shelter from bad weather and protection from predators, so the beaver's dam is important business. So important that Chris and Martin don't mind that the beaver has "borrowed" one of their canoe paddles to use in his dam. Jackie knows how important creature homes are, that's why she and the Animal Helpers are building enclosed nestboxes for Eastern bluebirds. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amRaggs [#210H] Movement & Balance Razzles is teaching the dogs a new dance but Raggs keeps muddling the steps. Stand back, brain attack. Pido has a new idea to help Raggs remember the moves. They discover a great trick using music and counting! When Pido loses his balance on the surfboard, he discovers that he needs to practice to surf. When Trilby wants everyone to practice dancing, she teaches Pido that dancing will help Pido become a better surfer, too. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amSesame Street [#4261H] The Shape O' Bots Telly, Elmo, and Rosita are playing Shape-O-Bots, robots that actually transform into shapes to help people. Andy, a guy in need of shapes, rushes in and explains that he needs an octagon to help stop people from crashing into him. Telly tries to transform into an octagon with eight sides and eight angles, but changes into a triangle with three sides and three angles instead. Rosita gives it a try and successfully transforms into an octagon, which Andy uses as a stop sign to stop people from running into him. Andy leaves but soon returns, this time in need of a pentagon, a shape with five sides and five angles. He explains that he is a baseball coach and needs a home plate, which is shaped like a pentagon, so his players won't slide right into him. The Shape-O-Bots do their thing and, once again, Telly changes into a triangle. Elmo is able to help, though, and transforms into a pentagon. Andy now returns one last time needing a rhombus, a shape with four sides and four angles, for the King of Rhombuses, who is missing his. Telly tries to transform into a rhombus, but, once again, winds up as a triangle. Rosita notices that a rhombus is actually two triangles stuck together. Chris suggests that since Telly hit his button one time to become a triangle, maybe hitting it two times will turn him into a rhombus. It works! Everyone is happy - especially the Shape-O-Bots. duration 58:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amWordWorld [#115H] Pig's Present/Tick Tock Space Clock * Pig's Present: It's Pig's birthday and his nephews, the Three Little Pigs, are making him a secret present. Although Pig promises not to peek, his curiosity about his present gets the better of him and wreaks havoc all over WordWorld. Will Pig ever learn to be patient?
* Tick Tock Space Clock: When a mysterious rocket lands in Word World, Duck pledges to help a robot track down a very important clock. He searches all over WordWorld, listening for the special sound that will lead the robot to the clock that will save his home planet. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#118H] Daniel Plays Ball/O Builds A Tower Daniel Plays Ball - Daniel, Miss Elaina and Prince Wednesday are at the park with Prince Tuesday. They decide to play a game with a ball. Daniel struggles to catch the ball and gets very frustrated. All of his friends remind him to keep on trying and finally, he succeeds! O Builds a Tower - In the block corner at school, O the Owl is determined to use all of the blocks to build the tallest tower in the world. After many failed attempts, he is frustrated, but Teacher Harriet and O's friends encourage him to try once again. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amCaillou [#307] Caillou The Musician * Caillou Plays the Drums - Clementine's big brother Billy has a new drum set and is having lots of fun playing as loud as he can. He won't let Clementine and Caillou play his drums though, because he says they're not grown up enough. The two friends set out to prove him wrong, and once they put on their 'grownup costumes' he finally relents and lets them play. Caillou pretends he's a rock and roll drummer playing a big drum solo!
* Caillou's Marching Band - Caillou and his friends are very excited when a real marching band goes by the playschool. They decide they want to be in a marching band too. The kids find some makeshift instruments in the classroom, and Emma makes them matching band hats. After a shaky start, Caillou leads the others by beating on his drum and they march around the schoolyard like a real marching band.
* Caillou Sings - The playschool is having a talent show and Caillou wants to sing a song, but Clementine beats him to the punch, picking the exact song he wanted to sing. When it turns out she's having trouble remembering all the words, Caillou suggests they work together and the resulting song-and-dance routine is the hit of the show! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amSid the Science Kid [#201H] No School Singalong Special! Sid wonders what he could possibly do on his day off from school. But when all his friends come over for a play date, they quickly put their science minds together and decide to put on a show in the backyard! They each take turns rocking out as they sing their favorite science songs for a very appreciative audience of Mom, Dad, and Zeke! duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amCurious George [#123] Ski Monkey/George The Grocer * Ski Monkey - When a blizzard covers the country house with a foot of snow, George can't wait to get outside to play. But he soon learns that such deep snow isn't easy for a monkey to play in, until he learns how much fun it can be to ski, snowshoe and sled.
* George the Grocer - George really wants the toy oven he sees in the window at the toy store, but first, he has to find a job to earn money to buy it. Since neither Chef Pisghetti nor Mr. Glass need help,George decides to go to work at the Grocery Store. While George is pretty proud of the job he does helping customers, the grocer is pretty confused about who is causing such chaos in the aisles. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#137H] Minnie Meerkat/Leaves * Minnie Meerkat - Sally and Nick are planning to camp out in the backyard, but there are some scary noises out there! Not to worry, The Cat's friend Minnie Meerkat can teach them all about camping safe. Off to Peekaboo Plains where a group of meerkats show them how they make their camp safe every night. Now Sally and Nick know what to do to feel safe in the backyard. And it doesn't hurt to have the best lookout ever - The Cat in the Hat!
* Leaves - Nick and Sally are going to make a leaf collage of Cat, but the leaves they have aren't the right shape, they need different ones.It's off to Kaloo-Kalee for some leaf collecting! There, they learn that leaves help trees make food, and that's why it's best not to pick the leaves from the branches. They collect fallen leaves from three different trees with very different leaves. Now they have everything they need to make their picture of Cat, and even one for Fish! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
11:00 amClifford's Puppy Days [#213] Lost and Found/Basketball Blunders * Lost and Found: Daffodil's stuffed bunny, Bubbles, is missing and Daffodil blames Clifford. After totaling EE's bedroom, Bubbles turns up in the toy basket, and Daffodil must admit that she's been as careless as Clifford.
* Basketball Blunders: EE and her friends think they have to take it easy when they play the kids on Mr. Solomon's wheelchair basketball team. But by the end of the game, they realize they've misjudged their abilities. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
11:30 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#207] Big Hearted T-Bone/Cleo's Valentine Surprise * Big Hearted T-Bone - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible.
T-Bone generously offers to watch Cleo's niece KiKi so Cleo can get some rest. But his honorable intentions are challenged when his female canine friend Mimi comes to town.
* Cleo's Valentine Surprise -Clifford's Big Idea: Help Others.
Cleo, with some help from K.C., prepares a special gift for Clifford and T-Bone and expects a BIG gift in return.