TV Daily Schedule: KQED Plus
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED Plus: Monday, September 10, 2012
Comcast 10 • Digital 9.2, 54.1 or 25.2
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amMoyers & Company [#135H] Challenging Power, Changing Politics This week, Bill offers an alternative to the partisan events and talking points that dominated the national conventions.
First, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, the longest-serving Independent in Congressional history, joins Bill to talk candidly about the state of our economy, health care, and the unprecedented impact of big money on American democracy.
Also on the show, Green Party presidential and vice presidential candidates Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala share their unique perspectives on the intersection of personal missions and modern politics. duration 56:46 STEREO TVG
1:00 amRare This documentary follows an inspiring and extraordinary mother in a race against time as she unites a group of isolated people from around the world in a quest to cure her daughter's rare genetic disease. Together, they discover that community, laughter and hope are some of the greatest therapies.
When Donna Appell learned that her baby daughter Ashley suffered from a rare genetic disorder that would kill her in 30 years, she was told there were less than 30 people in the US who had been diagnosed with it and no one knew where to find them. Realizing that no one was going to help cure "just one child," Donna set about forming an advocacy group and harnessing the internet to gather as many patients as possible who suffered from Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome (HPS), which includes albinism, blindness, a bleeding disorder and often a fatal pulmonary fibrosis.
Filmed with intimate access over 3 years, as the clock ticks and the stakes get higher, this film follows Donna and her advocacy group as they travel to Puerto Rico and throughout the US in a race to fill a drug trial they hope could prolong her daughter's life. Along the way we become part of a sweet love story when Donna's daughter Ashley falls for an earnest young man who has the same fatal disease. duration 55:58 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: DVI)
2:00 amNature [#2704H] Fellowship of the Whales The story of the first year of a humpback whale's life as she learns the lessons of humpback life from her mother. Together, they make the long journey from her birthplace in the subtropical waters in Hawaii to summer feeding grounds in the cold seas off Alaska's southeast coast. The youngster will meet dangerous orcas and sharks, and playful dolphins and seals. She will learn to use her flippers and tail to announce herself and to communicate with other whales. By the time they return to Hawaii for the winter, she will be ready to set out on her own and find her own place in her community of whales. duration 55:16 SRND51 TVG (Secondary audio: DVI)
3:00 amNational Parks: America's Best Idea [#102H] The Last Refuge (1890-1915) By the end of the 19th century, widespread industrialization has left many Americans worried about whether the country - once a vast wilderness - will have any pristine land left. At the same time, poachers in the parks are rampant, and visitors think nothing of littering or carving their names near iconic sites like Old Faithful. Congress has yet to establish clear judicial authority or appropriations for the protection of the parks. This sparks a conservation movement by organizations such as the Sierra Club, led by John Muir; the Audubon Society, led by George Bird Grinnell; and the Boone and Crockett Club, led by Theodore Roosevelt. The movement fails, however, to stop San Francisco from building the Hetch Hetchy dam at Yosemite, flooding Muir's "mountain temple" and leaving him broken-hearted before he dies. duration 2:14:11 SRND51 TVG (Secondary audio: DVI)
5:15 amAbove Yellowstone The first-ever aerial tour of Yellowstone National Park reveals Yellowstone as never seen before - virtually all of the park from the air - to celebrate its natural wonders and to provide a brief contextual history of its geology, Native peoples, wildlife and its current status as a destination for 3.6 million annual visitors. Included: The Lamar Valley, The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Forest Fire, The Geyser Basins and parts of Yellowstone as seen during the flight of a Bald Eagle. duration 22:03 STEREO TVG
6:00 amZoboomafoo [#123] Bears Chris, Martin and Zoboo care for a young black bear cub who arrives at Animal Junction alone. Another black bear -- an adult male -- arrives and devours all of the snacks. Martin, Chris and Zoboo try to eat as much as the bear, but since they can't come close, they realize that this bear is preparing for his long winter's nap. The Kratts help the adult bear find a suitable resting spot. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amRaggs [#106] Sharing It's Puppy Pirate Sharing Day! Instead of sharing, Raggs eats all of Pido's Surprise Pie and tries to cover it up by filling it with his building blocks. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
7:00 amSesame Street [#4289H] Wild Nature Survivor Guy Wild Nature Survivor Guy is accustomed to surviving in the wilds of nature and thinks he needs to "survive" out on Sesame Street. Elmo and Rosita are confused. He is not alone and he's not in the middle of nature, but he is convinced nature is all around them! First, Wild Nature Survivor Guy finds a tomato plant and bites into a ripe tomato. Not only do tomatoes come from nature, but so do all the fruits and vegetables on display outside Hooper's store. Next, Wild Nature Survival Guy looks for water to quench his thirst. He finds leaves with drops of water and puts the water together to drink. Wild Nature Survival Guy becomes concerned about nighttime approaching, and looks for ways to keep warm. He picks up feathers and puts them inside his shirt. Oh my! They tickle! Elmo offers him a coat, but Wild Nature Survivor Guy explains that feathers are what make most coats warm. The sun begins to set, and Wild Nature Survivor Guy finds perfect shelter, Big Bird's nest! It has lots of branches, and lots of animals use trees and braches as shelter. Even houses are made of wood. Wild Nature Survivor Guy sings a song about nature as Elmo and Rosita realize that nature is all around them! duration 58:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amWordWorld [#212H] Dog's Having A Party/Dog Wants to Play Ball * Dog's Having a Party - Dog and Duck want to throw a house party at Dog's house. But all they have is the letter H, and they don't know what to do with it! With the help of Sheep they soon realize that H is a fabulous letter; with it they can make hotdogs, hats, hula-hoops and a great party indeed. Hurray!
* Dog Wants to Play Ball - Dog wants to play ball, but he's having trouble communicating with his friends because they won't stop and listen to him. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#101H] Daniel's Birthday/Daniel's Picnic Daniel's Birthday - It's Daniel's Birthday! Daniel is very excited to go to Baker Aker's Bakery with his mom to pick out a cake for his party. When they arrive home after a bumpy ride on Trolley, Daniel is disappointed to find that his cake is smushed. It turns out...smushed cake is yummy too! Daniel's Picnic - Daniel, Prince Wednesday and Miss Elaina are having a picnic in front of the clock factory. When it starts to rain, the picnic is ruined, leaving them very disappointed. The friends turn this around by having their picnic inside the clock factory instead. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amCaillou [#310] Caillou The Scientist * Magnet Madness - Caillou is playing with the fridge magnets and learns lots of things about them. About what they stick to and what they don't stick to - like Gilbert! He even imagines himself as a human magnet superhero. In the end Caillou is able to apply what he's learned and uses a magnet to help Daddy retrieve a metal peg from behind the workbench.
* Caillou the Dinosaur Hunter - The whole family goes on a trip to the natural history museum to look at the dinosaurs. Caillou is really enjoying himself looking at the skeletons and learning about the different kinds of dinosaurs. When he momentarily loses the others he knows enough to stay put until Mommy comes back and finds him. And when he realizes he's left Rexy somewhere he learns about the lost and found, and retraces his steps until he finds his dinosaur friend.
* Caillou the Astronaut - Caillou wants to play with both his friends Clementine and Xavier in the playschool playground. Unfortunately Clementine wants to play bears and Xavier wants to play astronauts, and a little argument ensues. At story time Miss Martin tells them more about spaceships and astronauts and Caillou imagines he's zooming around the galaxy exploring stars and planets. Back outside Caillou makes up a new astronaut and bear game so everyone can play together. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amSid the Science Kid [#223H] The Amazing Computer Science Tool! Sid is thoroughly amused as he watches his parents. Every time their computers "ding" Mom and Dad run to check their computer, so Sid wants to know what all these computers do! Mom volunteers to show Sid's class how a computer works, which helps Susie demonstrate the amazing way scientists use computers as a science tool! In a special Super Fab Lab, the kids make discoveries with their magnifying glasses then use the computer to share their discoveries by sending information back home to their parents. They're just like real scientists using a computer to share discoveries with other scientists! duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amCurious George [#402] The Big Picture/Juicy George * The Big Picture - George loves imitating the Cerulean Warbler's distinct chirp and is aghast when the Man with the Yellow Hat tells him that his favorite bird is on the endangered species list. Not to worry, the Man just wrote a book to make people aware that the bird needs assistance. But unfortunately, stores don't want to carry the book because, at 1,400 pages, it looks like a boring scientific tome. Fortunately, George runs into Steve who has lots of idea for promoting his lemonade stand. This prompts George to come up with an idea of his own -- paint an empty billboard with a razzle-dazzle picture to help promote the book. Easier said than done and even when done, will it help sell the book and spread the bird word?
* Juicy George - George has never seen a farmer's market before and finding one on his doorstep is just about the best thing ever -- until he drinks Juicy Jay's special blended juice and then that's the best thing ever! When the farmer's market leaves and there's no more juice, the Man with the Yellow Hat and George decide they need their own juicer. As they start to unpack their new purchase, the Man gets called away. A smart monkey can figure out a juicer on his own and recreate the special juice, right? It's certainly not as easy as it seems and certainly not a mess-free process! Although he has a few missteps (amazing how mushed vegetables can fly all the way to the ceiling), George masters the juicer. But will he be able to make the juice he and the Man think is the best ever? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#102] I Love The Nightlife/Oh Give Me A Home! * I Love the Nightlife - Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night!
* Oh Give Me a Home! - Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
11:00 amClifford's Puppy Days [#101] Keeping Cool/Socks and Snooze * "Keeping Cool" - It's always fun when Evan is baby-sitting Emily Elizabeth and Clifford. This time Evan tries to impress Vanessa, the new girl in the building, but finds that she is most impressed when he is just being himself.
* "Socks and Snooze" - When Emily Elizabethcan't find one of her "lucky" socks for the first day of school Cliff ord is determined to hunt it down for her, and ends up finding it in avery surprising place. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
11:30 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#223] Tie-Dye Clifford/Stage Struck * Tie-Dye Clifford: When Clifford accidentally gives himself a bath with tie-dye dyes, he ends up looking like a T-shirt from the '60's! Not wanting to upset Emily, he tries to hide the fact. But soon learns that he can tell the truth to Emily because Emily understands that everyone makes mistakes.
* Stage Struck: Mary has always been afraid to perform in front of an audience. But with the help and support of her friend Emily, Mary is able to overcome her stage fright.