TV Daily Schedule: KQED Kids
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED Kids: Saturday, November 9, 2013
Comcast 192 • Digital 54.4
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amAnne of Green Gables: The Animated Series [#104] The Best Partner When Mr. Gresham's nephew Ben visits Avonlea, all the kids are excited about his arrival - especially as it coincides with a sports day. To their surprise, Ben arrives in crutches - polio has left him paralyzed. With empathy and creativity shown on both sides, the children learn to fully welcome Ben into the group - and the games - as a valuable partner. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
12:30 amAngelina Ballerina: The Next Steps [#507H] Angelina and Polly's Big Day/Angelina and the Smelly Cheese * Angelina and Polly's Big Day - When Alice baby-sits Polly, Angelina begins to think that her baby sister likes Alice more. Angelina exhausts herself trying to prove that she's the better baby-sitter, but in the end, Angelina learns she will always be #1 for her little sister!
* Angelina and the Smelly Cheese - When Mrs. Thimble makes a special dish for the Fete Francaise, she uses an incredibly smelly cheese! Angelina and her friends fear that the cheese will drive everyone away. After several comical tries to persuade Mrs. Thimble to serve a different French delicacy, the mouselings finally decide that honesty is always the best policy! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
1:00 amWild Kratts [#201H] Bad Hair Day Chris and Martin try to help a lion named "He who breathes fire" get past obstacles and back to his pride, who are under siege from two intruder lions duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
1:30 amMartha Speaks [#129H] Virtually Martha/Martha Vs. Robot * Virtually Martha - While playing with Alice's laptop computer, Martha accidentally hits the wrong button and gets zapped inside! Will Helen figure out a way to get her out of there before those marauding video monsters gobble her up?
* Martha vs. Robot - Alice's family gets a robotic pet called Dynamo who can do everything a real dog can do and help you with your math homework. Martha decides to show that she's even more perfect than the perfect pet, so Helen won't replace her with a mechanical mutt. If that fails, can she work with Nelson to get rid of Dynamo? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
2:00 amArthur [#703] Ants In Arthur's Pants/Don't Ask Muffy * Ants in Arthur's - Pants To excel in science, Mr. Ratburn's class has to prove that they have P.A.N.T.S. - the ability to be patient, attentive, nosy, thoughtful, and systematic. And Arthur's certain he's got `em to ace his ant project... until the crawly creatures end up everywhere but in their ant-farm! Can Arthur's P.A.N.T.S. save his project - and save the ants from the exterminator?
* Don't Ask Muffy - Muffy starts an advice column in the school newspaper to launch her career as a rich and famous talk-show host. There's only one problem - the kids are ignoring her, and flocking to a mystery advice-giver instead! If Muffy wants to be as popular as Hoprah Linseed, she'll have to learn a few lessons about competition and what really makes a good listener... duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
2:30 amMaya & Miguel [#104K] The Autograph When Paco unwittingly destroys Miguel's favorite Orlando Cruz baseball card, Maya decides to fix the situation by getting an autograph from Orlando himself, who is coming to town that weekend with his team. What ensues is a Naked Gun-like series of escapades where the kids try to get ever closer to the star by impersonating a boy-band, hot dog vendors, and a big furry mascot.
Goals: Represent immigrant experiences; Model the process of language learning. Vocabulary - baseball, baseball field, glove duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
3:00 amWordGirl [#206H] Highway to Havarti/Tiny Big * Highway to Havarti - The Botsford Family vacation gets diverted when Becky discovers that Dr. Two-Brains is going to be performing his latest heist at the International Cheese Exposition. Vocabulary Words:Leisure, Berserk.
* Tiny Big - Mr. Big manufactures the ultimate teen idol, Tiny Big, to steal WordGirl's thunder and brainwash the town into spending all their money on pop star merchandise. Vocabulary Words: Fad, Limelight. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY7 (Secondary audio: DVI)
3:30 amCyberchase [#609] Chaos As Usual Introducing Memoryville, home to a vast storehouse of Cyberspace data, where The Slugball Open, a Cyberspace version of baseball, is in progress. In their attempt to win for a day the Key to the City, Team Motherboard has made it to the finals ... along with, you guessed it, Hacker! Unbeknownst to most (except, of course, to Hacker), this Key opens all doors to the city-including the door to the data storehouse! With surefire plans to win, Hacker can hardly wait to delete the data and create untold chaos. Undaunted by the awesome array of Hacker's bad guys, Team Motherboard discovers distinctive patterns to these nefarious sluggers' past performances. But can the hit charts they develop be enough to help the good guys win? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
4:00 amFetch! With Ruff Ruffman [#509H] The Legend of Ruffman's Gold Ruff's ancestor Gus Ruffman is believed to have hidden gold in an abandoned mine somewhere in Colorado. He sends Marc, Jay, and Rubye to solve clues, find the mine, and most importantly, find the gold! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
4:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#133H] A Sweet Deal/King of Swing * A Sweet Deal - Sally and Nick are having a hard time getting customers to come to their "cafe". What can they do? The Cat takes them to meet Eddy the honeyguide bird. Eddy shows them how he guides humans to bees' nests by making noise and putting on a show. Back at home, Sally and Nick follow Eddy's example and proudly serve their first customer!
* King of Swing - Swinging from a rope isn't so easy for Sally and Nick.Good thing the Cat knows the king of swing, Charlie the chimpanzee! In the Leafylafoo Rainforest, Charlie teaches them how to use their hands and feet to swing as they help him search for bananas, his favourite food! Back at home, Sally and Nick mimic Charlie and swing across the backyard to where Cat has a surprise snack waiting for them - bananas! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
5:00 amCuriosity Quest [#206] Roller Coasters Have you ever ridden a roller coaster? Ever wondered how they stay on the tracks? Join Joel on this inquisitive quest to find out how roller coasters work and how they are tested for safety. duration 26:32 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: DVI)
5:30 amWild Kratts [#206H] Neck and Neck As Chris and Martin search for the answer to why giraffes have long necks, a mischievous giraffe begins secretly taking Creature Power Suit parts and supplies from the Tortuga. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:00 amMartha Speaks [#126H] Skits under the Weather/Martha the Weather Dog * Skits under the Weather - Martha and Skits hate the sound of thunder. One day Skits gets fed up and tries to outrun the storm, but soon discovers that all roads somehow lead back home.
* Martha the Weather Dog - Windy McCloud, Wagstaff City's meteorologist, wants Martha to be her weather dog. Martha's thrilled that she'll be able to change the weather to suit Helen and her friends, until she finds out she's not going to make the weather, she's going to predict it. But all her predictions are way off. What should she tell Windy?