TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Channels 9.1 • 54.2, 25.1 | XFINITY 9 and HD 709
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#20137] (original broadcast date: 7/01/14)
* A discussion about the murder of 3 Israeli teenagers with Ron Dermer, Israel's Ambassador to the US
* Shimon Peres, President of Israel duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#33130H] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, the Dow pushes toward 17,000 on the first day of the second half. What might the rest of the year bring for the market and investors? And, why did Americans buy more vehicles than expected last month? duration 26:46 STEREO TVG
1:30 amSpark! [#413] Playing with Technology We live in an electronic world - turntables, microphones, digital displays, microchips. Some artists are driven by the possibilities of manipulating these things, and in this episode, we explore the way that they creatively unite art and electronics.
* Walter Kitundu creates innovative instruments that are based on the turntable but powered by natural elements such as wind, fire and the ocean.
* Natural found objects such as flowers and sand are juxtaposed with pieces of technology in Joe Mangrum's large and intricate design sculptures.
* Loren Chasse uses audio technology to explore the music that can be made from ruins and teach his young students about sound art.
* Finally, what people are really talking about can be discovered at the Listening Post, where the "global conversation" of electronic chats are tracked through suspended text screens.