TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Thursday, March 20, 2014
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#20063] (original broadcast date: 3/19/14)
* Richard Haass, president of the Council on Foreign Relations on the Ukraine
* Jaron Lanier on his book, "Who Owns the Future"
* Yancey Strickler, co-founder and CEO of Kickstarter duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#33056] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, Fed Chair Janet Yellen causes some confusion and volatility on Wall Street. What did she say and what did she really mean? And, Toyota will pay a record settlement to resolve a criminal investigation into safety issues. Will this deal serve as a roadmap for GM? duration 26:46 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amAmerica's Wild West The men and women who helped to tame the west were larger-than-life Americans-rebels, pioneers, and icons of the frontier culture. Both heroes and villains, they captured the imagination of a nation and inspired a stream of novels, television shows, and big-screen dramas. Step into the past with America's Wild West, a new special that captures some of the best moments from American Experience's films of the Wild West: Annie Oakley, Billy the Kid, Buffalo Bill, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Custer's Last Stand, Jesse James, Kit Carson and Wyatt Earp. duration 1:27:13 STEREO TVG
3:00 amHappy From Academy Award nominated director Roko Belic, this movie takes us on a journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the slums of Kolkata in search of what really makes people happy. Combining real life stories from around the world and powerful interviews with leading scientists in happiness research, it explores the secret behind our most valued emotion. duration 1:28:32 STEREO TVG
4:30 am30 Days to a Younger Heart with Dr. Steven Masley, MD Did you know that it's possible to make your heart 10 years younger? Regardless of your body composition, genetics, or age, you can turn back time. And when you do, you will feel healthier, trimmer, fitter, sexier, mentally sharper and better than you have in a decade. Steven Masley, MD and his 3 simple steps have helped thousands of patients turn back the clock, and reverse the onset of aging and disease. He is a board-certified physician, nutritionist, longevity researcher and award-winning educator who is also a highly acclaimed chef, trained at the Four Seasons.
In this program, Dr. Masley shares the surprising news that Metabolic Syndrome, also known as pre-diabetes - not high cholesterol - is the number one cause of cardiovascular disease. Since the term metabolic syndrome is new to most, the doctor describes how easy it is to determine your risk, and why so many Americans have it.
Dr. Masley also educates viewers about the dangers of invasive, often unnecessary cardiovascular procedures. His 3 step Heart Tune-Up program is a guide to making lifestyle changes that significantly reduce the likelihood of developing cardiovascular disease. He specifically discusses the impact food, nutrients and exercise have on making a measurable difference in the reduction of arterial plaque. Discover five new categories of heart-healing foods, learn how the amount of time you exercise isn't as important as you may think plus ensure you receive the five key nutrients many lack but are truly necessary for a younger heart.
No matter how old you are, or how much you weigh or even the health battle you are facing, no one has to be on a one-way street to aging and disability. Patients' lives every day have been saved and transformed with this heart tune-up program that explores the 3 easy lifestyle corrections that can take 10 years off of your heart's age in just 30 Days. duration 1:28:40 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#105] The Circus Problem/The Buried Treasure Problem The Circus Problem - The Circus. When Peg and Cat find themselves in the center ring, they climb, swing, swoop and juggle their way over amazing heights and lengths. Primary Content: Measuring height, measuring length; Secondary Content: Counting by twos.
The Buried Treasure Problem - Pirate Island. Peg and Cat measure their way to buried treasure using Cat as a measuring stick! Primary Content: Non-standard units of measurement; Secondary Content: Mapping. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#107] Trees Company/Now You See Me * Trees Company - Sally and Nick are playing up in their treehouse when Nick's mom calls them for lunch. Nick wonders what it would be like to stay up in that tree all the time! The Cat in the Hat knows! Or at least he has friends that do. In Jimmer Jammer Jungle the kids learn how different animals spend their entire lives in trees. As neat as that is, there's one thing those trees don't have, and that's mom's home cooking!
* Now You See Me - Nick and Sally are playing hide and go seek, but Sally keeps getting found! The Cat takes the kids to meet the best hider ever, his friend Gecko! Through a game of hide and go seek in the jungle, the kids learn how Gecko not only hides, but how he runs and climbs. Now Sally knows how to camouflage herself so she won't be so easily found! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#115H] The Class Votes/The Neighborhood Votes The Class Votes - At school, Daniel and his classmates get to choose their new class pet! Teacher Harriet explains that they can either get a bunny or a turtle. The kids learn what it means to 'vote' and that sometimes it doesn't always turn out your way. Luckily, ALL of the kids find something to love about their new pet, 'Snowball'! The Neighborhood Votes - The Tiger family is going to Clock Factory Park today to hear a big announcement from King Friday. Daniel has to make several choices throughout the day, culminating in one BIG group decision: King Friday announces that the kids can choose one new piece of playground equipment and everyone gets to speak up for what they want by voting! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#309] Caillou The Explorer * Caillou of the Antarctic - Caillou is playing with Jeffrey and Jason when he gets accidentally pushed down. He is a little upset about it until he realizes it was an accident. Since it's so hot out Daddy treats them to ice cream and Caillou imagines he's down at the cool cool south pole playing with the penguins!
* Deep Sea Caillou - There's a new girl named Lee Wun in playschool, but she's so shy she won't talk to anybody. Miss Martin brings in a fish tank to show the class. After imagining he's a tiny deep sea diver swimming in the fishtank, Caillou discovers that Lee Wun knows a lot about fish! Encouraged to tell the others what she knows, Lee Wun is able to start making new friends.
* Caillou in the Bayou - The whole family is on the way to the beach but accidentally end up on a trail through a swamp. Caillou is disappointed, he doesn't think a swamp could be very interesting, until he takes a closer look at the creatures who live there. He imagines he's in the Bayou searching for alligators. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#609] Junky Monkey/Jumpy Warms Up * Junky Monkey - Steve is appointed head of Pretty City Committee Pod 7 on a mission to lead George, the Man with the Yellow Hat, Aunt Margaret, Betsy, and Charkie to clean up litter in their neighborhood. But where others see trash, George sees treasures hidden in alleys, sidewalk, and recycling bins. He takes his findings up to his apartment and sorts them by shape and size, transforming his collection into a masterpiece worthy to be hung at City Hall. But will the mayor agree or call it junk?
* Jumpy Warms Up - One cold winter's day, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat find an unexpected houseguest living in their country home -- Jumpy Squirrel! While the Man insulates their home to keep heat in and squirrels out, George worries that Jumpy's nest won't keep his friend warm enough through the winter. George decides to build Jumpy a winter proof house, and much to Jumpy's surprise, the monkey's squirrel resort is pretty cozy! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#109H] A Tale About Tails/Sticky Situation * A Tale About Tails - Nick and Sally are playing "Tape the Tail on the Donkey" when they wish they had tails of their own! Well it just so happens that the Cat knows a lot about tails! He brings them to the Jungle of Wagga-Tag-Tail where they meet a number of animals with very different tails. When Nick and Sally get to test out all of these tails for themselves, they learn that different tails can do different things!
* Sticky Situation - Sally and Nick are playing the drums on overturned buckets when Nick breaks his drumstick! Luckily, the Cat knows someone who is a stick expert, his friend Betty Beaver! She finds Nick the perfect drumstick, but when her dam springs a leak, Nick, Sally and the Cat help her fix it, using Nick's new stick. He doesn't have a stick anymore, but Nick learns an even better way to drum: using a home-made beaver tail! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#110] The Race Car Problem/The Big Gig Problem The Race Car Problem - Junk Yard/Race Track Stadium. Peg and Cat rebuild their homemade race car, "Hot Buttered Lightnin'," to compete in the Talla-peg-a 20 race. Primary Content: More than, less than; Secondary Content: Solid shapes.
The Big Gig Problem - The Farm. Peg and Cat need to round up the missing members of their touring band, the Electric Eleven, in time for their big gig for 100 chickens. Primary Content: Counting backwards from 11; Secondary Content: Deductive reasoning, the 20s. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#109H] Armored Like An Ankylosaurus/Campout! * Armored Like an Ankylosaurus - The kids travel on the Dinosaur Train with Mr. Pteranodon to see his hero, Hank Ankylosaurus, play a game of Dinoball. Afterwards, they even get to play with Hank and learn what it's like to be a dinosaur that's covered with armored plates and a mighty club for a tail.
* Campout! - Our Pteranodon family goes to the Big Pond for their first overnight camp out and meets a small frog with a big voice. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#101S] My Best Friend/Cleo's Fair Share * My Best Friend - Emily decides she must find something "special" for Show and Tell. After an exhaustive search of Birdwell Island for the perfect thing, she learns that sometimes the best things in life are right under your nose.
* Cleo's Fair Share - Cleo gets a new toy and doesn't want to share it. She soon learns that it's not so much fun playing with a new toy without your friends. duration 24:36 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#125] The Halloween Bandit/An Honest Spin * The Halloween Bandit - When the dessert buffet is raided at the apartment building's annual Halloween party and havoc is wreaked by a small puppy, all the evidence points to Clifford. But the small red puppy is supported by his loyal animal friends and, of course, Emily Elizabeth. Using a bit of detective work, the animals unmask the real culprit - a stray little puppy that sneaked into the party. Ultimately, this hungry little puppy is adopted by a neighborhood family and given a home.
* An Honest Spin - When Clifford accidentally breaks Daffodil's spinning top, he thinks the right thing to do is to tell her, but instead, he follows Norville's advice and goes to great lengths to keep Daffodil from finding out.