TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Monday, March 10, 2014
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amHawking Stephen Hawking is one of the most recognizable people on the planet, a superstar of the scientific world. But although Hawking is an iconic figure, who is the man behind the image? In this film Hawking gives us a rare insight onto his life, both past and present. This is a man whose mind soars beyond the ordinary but who is trapped inside a body he can barely move. This documentary presents the story of one of the most remarkable minds of the modern age. duration 1:29:13 STEREO TVPG
1:30 amSaving Luna A vibrant, poignant and visually stunning film that has won awards around the world. It begins when Luna, a baby killer whale, gets separated from his family on the wild coast of Vancouver Island. All alone, he seems determined to make friends with humans. People throughout the community fall in love with him, including: a cook on an old freighter; an elder and a young man from a First Nations band; and a gruff fisheries officer. The husband-and-wife production team of Mike Parfit and Suzanne Chisholm, initially in the area to document the story for the media, get drawn into the drama. Their efforts to record the events result in this funny, heartwarming,and emotional documentary that explores the mysterious connection between humans and these mammals. duration 1:29:38 STEREO TVPG
3:00 amMasterpiece Sneak Preview: Mr. Selfridge Season 2 An exciting taste of the new season. Jeremy Piven returns as real-life department store impresario Harry Gordon Selfridge. Five years have passed, it's now 1914, and the many fascinating characters whose lives revolve around Selfridges & Co have moved into a new era. This special contains a brief recap of Season 1 and the first 40 minutes of the season 2 premiere. duration 58:36 STEREO TVG
4:00 amHealing A.D.D. with Dr. Daniel Amen ADD or ADHD is a national health crisis that continues to grow-yet it remains one of the most misunderstood and incorrectly treated illnesses today. Kids and adults are put on powerful stimulant medications in short office visits without any biological information, and the stories of these medications hurting children and adults are common and persistent.
In this national public television program, psychiatrist Daniel Amen and his wife nurse Tana Amen take a completely new look at ADD and explain 7 unique types based on the extensive brain imaging work of the Amen Clinics on tens of thousands of ADD patients. Treating all people with ADD the same invites failure and frustration and can be a disaster, as the traditional treatments that make two of the types better can make the other 5 types worse.
The show is divided into three parts. In Part One, the myths and misconceptions about ADD will be discussed as well as the hallmark ADD symptoms. In Part Two, the 7 different types of ADD will be described in detail. And, in Part Three Dr. and Mrs. Amen we'll give you a clear method for Healing ADD, including the best natural treatments. They are not opposed to medication, but think it's smart to start with lifestyle and natural treatments first. duration 1:57:22 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#112H] The Baby Problem/The Sparkling Sphere Problem The Baby Problem - Peg's Room. Babysitters Peg and Cat rescue the precocious Baby Fox from the top of his elaborate block tower. Primary Content: Solid shapes; Secondary Content: Diagrams.
The Sparkling Sphere Problem - Magical Forest. Knights of the Round Table Peg and Cat search for the Wizard Ramone, who has floated away in a sparkling sphere. Primary Content: Rectangular prism and rhombus; Secondary Content: Counting by twos. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#213H] Step This Way/Anything You Can Do * Step This Way - The kids are playing dressup, with Sally wearing her mom's shoes, and Nick wearing his dad's shoes. They're having trouble walking, and the Cat thinks it's because their feet are the wrong shape. But doesn't everyone have the same shaped feet? Not at all! The Cat takes them to the Jungle of Bingle-Bungle Boo to meet his friends Emily the teal, Mikey the lemur and Greg the Gecko. They see that animals have differently shaped feet to help them do different things! You need the right feet for the right job!
* Anything You Can Do - Nick and Sally are pretending to be The Cat in the Hat. But there's only one Cat, no doubt about that! Pretending to be other people is hard. The Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet his good friend Mimi the Mimic Octopus to learn some tips on how to pretend to be someone else. They learn how to observe, pick out something special about the person and then copy it. Mimi does it to protect herself, but now Nick and Sally can pretend to be the one and only Cat! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#112H] Fruit Picking Day/Daniel Is Big Enough to Help Dad Fruit Picking Day - Daniel and his friends are enjoying a Fruit Festival in the Enchanted Garden. Prince Wednesday grows upset because his big brother Prince Tuesday can pick the highest fruit off the tree branches, but he can't. He wishes he wasn't so little! Then, when the festival-goers spot a very special magical golden pear on the ground, Prince Wednesday is the only one little enough to reach it. Daniel is Big Enough to Help Dad - Dad Tiger is building a playhouse, and Daniel wants to help out. Daniel is frustrated that he is not big enough to use the grown up tools. Dad Tiger shows Daniel that there are things he can do to help that he's just the right size for. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#302] Caillou The Sports Star * Everyone's Best - When Clementine shows up with a swimming ribbon on her chest, Caillou really wants to have one too. Grandma comes up with some very silly games with ribbons for prizes. Winning isn't that easy, Caillou soon finds out, but he imagines he's an Olympic Athlete and has a lot fun trying his best. He finally does win a ribbon in the straight face contest!
* Stronger Every Day - When a new, longer set of monkey bars is installed at the park, Caillou is disappointed that he can't climb as far as Leo. He asks his Daddy how he can get bigger and stronger and finds out that eating right, exercising and getting lots of sleep is the best way. Later, when Clementine and Billy join them Caillou finds he can lift up Billy's bike. He couldn't do that last year! Caillou realizes he's getting stronger every day!
* No More Training Wheels - With training wheels on his bike, Caillou is having trouble keeping up with Sarah. After imagining himself riding in a real grownup bike race Caillou decides he's ready to try riding without his training wheels. It proves to be harder than he thought, however, and he quits in frustration. Daddy explains it's okay to wait until he's really ready. He goes back to his training wheels and the next day Sarah shows up on her new roller blades - now she's travelling at his speed. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#313] Night of the Weiner Dog/Animal Trackers * Night of the Weiner Dog - Poor Hundley! It's the first time he's been apart from the Doorman in over 3 years and George's room isn't exactly this dapper daschund's idea of "neat and orderly." Being a good host, George follows the Doorman's detailed instructions. George accurately measures Hundley's food, graciously lets him watch his favorite TV show, "Poodle Groomers," and even rearranges his living room to make Hundley feel more at home. Though Hundley's strict demands are not George's idea of a fun sleepover, George comes through for his friend by rescuing Hundley's squeaky mouse from the balcony. Now, at last, Hundley can fall asleep! Later that night, when George is having a nightmare, how can Hundley return the favor and help his friend?
* Animal Trackers - It's Nature Week and George is taking pictures of wild animals and their tracks for the big exhibit. Bullfrogs, squirrels, raccoons and hawks are all nice, but George wants a picture of something really exciting and unusual. While George searches for the fawn Bill spotted, he finds an unusual set of tracks that look like a cross between a gigantic duck and a colossal snake. George decides there must be a duckbilled dinosaur on the loose-which would make for a perfect photo for Nature Week! George leaves a trail of fruits and vegetables to lure the dinosaur, but then he remembers that not all dinosaurs are friendly! George frantically rushes to warn everyone, when he bumps into the real culprit behind those tracks - and it's very different than a dinosaur! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#211H] Take A Walk/Cotton Patch * Take a Walk - Sally and Nick are practicing to be in a three-legged race, but walking on three legs is hard! Well if anyone knows about walking, its Cat's friends Sid the centipede, Spinny the spider and Bugsy the beetle! They all teach the kids how they walk on many legs by keeping a steady pace and walking in a rhythm and a beat. Back at home, Nick and Sally practice what they learned by using their own special rhythm!
* Cotton Patch - Oh no! Nick has torn his favourite shirt! He needs a perfect patch of cotton to fix it. Good thing Cat's friend Dr. Twiggles knows all about cotton! Off to Fluff'n Stuff Fields to see him! Once there, the kids are astonished to learn that you can make clothes from plants! Dr. Twiggles shows them how to pick the cotton, clean and dry it, comb it and spin it into thread. Finally, he demonstrates how the thread comes together to make a patch by using his loom. They even learn how to dye the cotton by using berry juice. Nick's favourite shirt is as good as new! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#103H] The Pirate Problem/The Sleepover Problem The Pirate Problem - Pirate Island. Peg and Cat show a group of very hungry Pirates how to share tropical fruit fairly. Primary Content: Fair sharing; Secondary Content: Adding within 4.
The Sleepover Problem - Peg's House. When the Pirates are having a sleepover at Peg's house, they get scared at bedtime. Peg and Cat help the Pirates fall asleep by counting chickens. Primary Content: Counting to 20; Secondary Content: 4 + 1 = 5. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#101H] Valley of the Stygimolochs/Tiny Loves Fish * Valley of the Stygimolochs - Buddy wonders if he'll grow horns when he gets older, so Mrs. Pteranodon takes him to visit some dinosaurs called Stygimoloch, who have really impressive horns.
* Tiny Loves Fish - After Mr. Pteranodon teaches the kids his fishing method, Buddy and Tiny work together as a team to catch fish in the Big Pond. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#219] Flood of Imagination/Lights Out * Flood of Imagination - It's raining and Cleo's going stir-crazy with boredom! But Clifford comes to her rescue by helping her to imagine an exciting action/adventure story.
* Lights Out - Mr. Bleakman and Clifford save the day when a big power failure threatens to paralyze Birdwell Island. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#117] Time Out/Sniff Sniff * Time Out - Nina loses her date book. Jorge doesn't help her find it, thinking she will have more time to play with him. The plan backfires, and Jorge learns to respect Nina's commitments.
* Sniff Sniff - When Emily Elizabeth wakes up with a cold, Clifford does everything he can to make her feel better. He tries playing with a pop up book, playing ball, and getting her to dance. Finally he realizes that one of the best things you can do for someone who isn't feeling well doesn't feel like much at all. He goes into her room and snuggles with her, and she couldn't be happier.