TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Sunday, January 19, 2014
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amBlenko Glass: Behind The Scenes Journey to the hills of Milton, West Virginia, into the heat of Blenko Glassworks and see first-hand how Blenko handmade glass is created, from start to finish. Each step in the Blenko glass-making process is accomplished by human hand, eyes, and he arts, not by impersonal machines. duration 1:29:30 STEREO TVG
1:30 amJohn Sebastian Presents: Folk Rewind (My Music) Folk legend John Sebastian reflects and remembers the very best of The Folk Years in an all new show which remembers archival folk (traditional, pop and folk rock) era classics from the vault which culminates into a crescendo of excitement with a new live reunion of folk singers including Barry McGuire, Roger McGuinn of The Byrds, The Chad Mitchell Trio, Chad & Jeremy, Jesse Colin Young of The Youngblodds and more. duration 1:58:43 STEREO TVG
3:30 am60s Girl Grooves (My Music) For the first time ever, the "My Music" series spotlights the girl groups and female singers of the 1960s in a special which features the rarest footage and original performances from back in the early and mid-1960s. Clips come from worldwide archives including American Bandstand, Where The Action Is, Shindig!, and many other vaults thought long lost. "This time in American pop music is very special," says series creator TJ Lubinsky. "it's a time of innocence, angst, puppy love, heartbreak, and most of all great memories of younger carefree times - like the feeling we all share of that one special summer we all had in our teens - wherever we were hearing these songs on the radio." It's early rock and pop at its best on PBS. Hosted by the always "Supreme" Mary Wilson. duration 1:59:10 STEREO TVG
5:30 amImageMakers [#1012H] School Days FIRST MATCH - USA
In the testosterone-fueled sport of wrestling, Mo faces one of her toughest battles preparing for her first match on the boys team. Her father, a former outstanding wrestler himself, doesn't think a girl has what it takes to wrestle. Not only does Mo have to battle for the respect of her male teammates, but also for the respect of her father. Written and directed by Olivia Newman. Principal cast: Nyasa Bakker, Anslem Richardson, Zach Lombardo, and Juan Freire.
PUBLIC - USA
When Sharde is forced to show up for Mrs. Harrington's after school program, the lessons become personal. Image is everything in high school. Teenagers can be cruel and rumors spread like wildfire in the hallways. Their adversarial relationship takes on a new light when each one has surprising secrets revealed during detention. Can they trust each other to keep each others secret? Written and directed by Jeannie Donohoe. Principal cast: Anne Sorce, Shanice Spencer, Stanley Rodriguez, and Phyllis Johnson. duration 29:36 STEREO TVPG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#113H] The Parade Problem/The Halloween Problem The Parade Problem - Park. Peg and Cat need to sort out recyclables to clean up the park in time for the nursery school's Halloween Parade. Primary Content: Sorting; Secondary Content: Estimating.
The Halloween Problem - Peg's Neighborhood. While trick or treating, Peg and Cat find themselves pursued by a metal monster. Later they teach fair sharing to a "friend" who turns out to be a real tiger! Primary Content: Fair Sharing; Secondary Content: Positional relationships (in front of/behind). duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#119H] Thump/Squirreled Away * Thump: Nick is trying to make his mother a surprise lunch, but she keeps coming into the kitchen! If only there was a way for him to know when she was coming. The Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet his friend Twitch the rabbit. Twitch and her bunnies teach Nick and Sally how to stop, look and listen. Now Sally that can warn Nick when his mom is coming, they're able to surprise her with lunch!
* Squirreled Away: Nick can't remember where he put his yo-yo. Cat offers to take the kids to meet his friend Bucky the Squirrel who is good at both hiding and finding things! Nick and Sally learn how to use markers to help them remember where they put things. Back at home Nick thinks like Bucky then is able to find his yo-yo! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#121H] You Are Special/Daniel Is Special * You are Special: The children are putting on a show at school today, each doing something that makes them special. O the Owl wants to be just like the others and, with a little encouragement, he learns that owls are special too.
* Daniel is Special: Daniel and Dad take a fall walk through the neighborhood, admiring the colors of the leaves. On their way, they meet Miss Elaina and O the Owl who each do special things that make Daniel wonder if he is as special as they are. Dad reminds Daniel of the things that make him special, like his whimsical imagination! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#427] Knowing How Caillou learns the value of determination and the benefits of success! When Mom drives Sarah to her skating lesson, Caillou decides he wants to take skating lessons too! But the lessons are harder than Caillou expected, and if it weren't for the neato Zamboni, Caillou might not have gone back. When an invitation for Clementine's party accidentally ends up at Sarah's, Caillou learns the differences between the addresses of the two homes. Later, when Clementine tells Caillou how much she likes her older brother, Billy, to teach her things, Caillou sets out to teach something to Rosie. But this proves harder than Caillou thought, until Mom suggests he try the A-B-C song! Also, when Caillou's dawdling causes he, Mom and Rosie to be late going to the park, they end up missing Leo. So Dad suggests they make a game out of not dawdling, by using an egg timer for Caillou to race against when he gets ready for bed. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#219] Curious George, Sea Monkey/Old McGeorgie Had a Farm * Curious George, Sea Monkey: George and the Man with the Yellow Hat are overjoyed when Professors Wiseman, Einstein and Pizza invite them onto a submarine trip to retrieve a small weather satellite that crashed from space. Their first underwater adventure! Along the ocean floor, George and the crew locate the satellite - but a gigantic coral reef stands in the way of its recovery and the only way to get to it is through a tiny tunnel traversable only by a certain monkey. So, clad in a scuba outfit equipped with a camera and microphone, George investigates the wild, world of life in a limestone coral reef. George is thrilled with all the colorful sights and sea-life and even makes a few fishy pals - but will the school of small coral sharks he encounters be as friendly?
* Old McGeorgie Had a Farm: Oscar, the Renkin's prize pig, is in the State Finals but a disappointed Mr. Renkins is too busy with the farm to attend the big fair. Enter George and the Man with the Yellow Hat who volunteer to take over his work and save the day! All they have to remember is to collect exactly one gallon of milk from Leslie the cow and divide that gallon into four one-quart bottles, gather a dozen eggs for each carton, and keep track of exactly 6 hens, 8 chicks and 1 rooster. Cinchy! Except that George forgets the most important thing of all - the correct side on which to milk the cow. So a spooked Leslie starts a chain of chaos that has George and the Man scrambling to track down all their charges and stop bedlam in the barnyard. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#120H] Pick Your Friends/ Finola's Farm * Finola's Farm: Nick and Sally are trying to have breakfast but have run out of milk. The Cat arrives to take them to Finola's Farm to have breakfast with Finola. First they learn how to milk a cow, then they discover that cows milk can be made into butter and cheese and best of all - ice cream!
* Pick Your Friends: It's Valentine's Day and Nick and Sally can't agree on how to decorate the card they're making for Cat. Does this mean they aren't really best friends? Cat takes them to meet Sheldon, a tortoise who knows all about friendship. They learn that Sheldon's best friend is completely different than he is and that being best friends doesn't mean you always have to agree. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#110H] The Race Car Problem/The Big Gig Problem The Race Car Problem - Junk Yard/Race Track Stadium. Peg and Cat rebuild their homemade race car, "Hot Buttered Lightnin'," to compete in the Talla-peg-a 20 race. Primary Content: More than, less than; Secondary Content: Solid shapes.
The Big Gig Problem - The Farm. Peg and Cat need to round up the missing members of their touring band, the Electric Eleven, in time for their big gig for 100 chickens. Primary Content: Counting backwards from 11; Secondary Content: Deductive reasoning, the 20s. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#226H] Dinosaur Train Submarine: A Sea Turtle Tale/Rocket Train Our Pteranodon family is on the beach watching small eggs hatch and baby Archelon turtles emerge, and start to swim away. Our family and Mr. Conductor get into the Dinosaur Train Submarine and follow the baby Archelons who discover their own facts of nature - that their mother doesn't stay with them after they're born, and that they will grow up to be giant-sized sea turtles. Tiny and Buddy find out that a newer train will be riding the same tracks as the Dinosaur Train. The new train is called the Rocket Train, and its conductor is named Thurston Troodon, who was a former classmate and rival of Mr. Conductor. Thurston is very confident and boasts that the Rocket Train is newer, better, and faster than the "old Dinosaur Train." Mrs. Troodon, Thurston, and Mr. Conductor's old teacher, suggests a friendly train race. With Tiny and Buddy on board, the "old" Dinosaur Train ends up helping out Thurston and the new Rocket Train after it breaks down. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#122] The Big Sleepover/Dog for a Day *The Big Sleepover - Emily has to go out of town for the day without Clifford so he spends the day with Charley. He misses Emily so much that his howling wakes the whole town. Their solution is to join him for a sleepover on the beach.
* Dog for a Day - Charley is envious of the carefree lives that Clifford and the other dogs live. He thinks differently after dreaming that he is a Dog For A Day. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#119] Fall Feast/Norville's New Game * Fall Feast - It's the Fall Feast holiday and the Howards are planning to visit Emily Elizabeth's grandparents. But a huge snow storm leaves them snowed in at the train station, along with many of their friends and neighbors. At first, everyone's spirits are very low but Clifford helps Emily Elizabeth realize that the group can celebrate the Fall Feast together and rejoice in its spirit of sharing.
* Norville's New Game - The animals are in the courtyard making up games. When it's Norville's turn to invent a game he consistently reinvents the rules so that each time emerges as the winner. Each time this happens, he further alienates his friends until they eventually refuse to play with him anymore. In the end, Norville realizes the importance of playing fair.