TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Channels 9.1 • 54.2, 25.1 | XFINITY 9 and HD 709
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#20006] (original broadcast date: 12/30/13)
* Ralph Fiennes and Felicity Jones discuss their film "The Invisible Woman."
* Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on his book "Sasquatch in the Paint."
* Kenneth Cole, fashion designer and the chairman of AMFAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research. duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32279] duration 28:00 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amJohn Denver Rocky Mountain High Live In Japan Arguably one of the most beloved American performers of the 20th century, John Denver had a career that saw him sell more than 40 million albums worldwide while winning numerous awards, including 2 Grammy Awards, 3 American Music Awards, 1 Emmy and 2 Country Music Awards. This program is a 1981 concert from his 7-show tour of Japan and features a wonderful selection of hits from his career, including 4 of his 5 #1 hits: "Annie's Song," "Calypso," "Sunshine On My Shoulders" and "Thank God I'm A Country Boy." This performance finds Denver and his band in terrific form, delighting an enthusiastic audience that included Japan's Royal Family. duration 1:29:44 STEREO TVG
3:00 amGreat Performances [#3713(] Andrea Bocelli: Love In Portofino International superstar Andrea Bocelli returns once again to delight fans with a concert special of classical favorites, pop standards and Brazilian jazz, this time from the breathtaking coastal setting of Portofino, Italy. With 16-time Grammy-winner David Foster as music director and at the keyboard, Bocelli is joined by trumpeter Chris Botti to perform a select collection of the world's most famous love songs. duration 1:25:30 SRND51 TVG
5:00 amHe Touched Me: The Gospel Music of Elvis Presley The intensity of Elvis Presley's love and devotion for gospel music is revealed in this documentary. Narrated by veteran newscaster Sander Vanocur, Presley's story is told with vintage photos, interviews and video footage, including some never-before-available scenes of Elvis's impromptu offstage gospel performances. Many interviews reveal that Presley's unshakable commitment to gospel music was tested many times by producers and record label executives, who were later to be surprised when the Grammys overlooked Presley's No. 1 hits in favor of three of his best gospel performances. duration 59:12 STEREO
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#112H] The Baby Problem/The Sparkling Sphere Problem The Baby Problem - Peg's Room. Babysitters Peg and Cat rescue the precocious Baby Fox from the top of his elaborate block tower. Primary Content: Solid shapes; Secondary Content: Diagrams.
The Sparkling Sphere Problem - Magical Forest. Knights of the Round Table Peg and Cat search for the Wizard Ramone, who has floated away in a sparkling sphere. Primary Content: Rectangular prism and rhombus; Secondary Content: Counting by twos. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#108H] Rain Game/No Sssweater Is Better * Rain Game - Sally wants to water the plants in her backyard, but it's hot and sunny outside. They need rain, and lots of it! Good thing the Cat in the Hat knows exactly where to go to get some: the rain forest! With the assistance of some toucans and the singing of howler monkeys, they explore each level of the rain forest, eventually reaching the top and the rain!
* No SSSweater is Better - Nick's favorite sweater is too small and he doesn't want to change it. The Cat in the Hat has a friend with the exact same problem! He brings them to meet Slyde the snake who shows Nick and Sally how he sheds his skin when it gets too small for him. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#113H] Daniel Waits For Show And Tell/A Night Out At The Restaurant * Daniel Waits for Show and Tell - Daniel is so excited to share a book he made with his class at "show and tell," but he's finding it very difficult to wait. He finds that singing on Trolley, playing during science time and imagining make the waiting much easier!
* A Night Out at the Restaurant - Daniel and his family are going out to dinner, and Katerina is coming too. Daniel and Katerina have a hard time waiting at the restaurant, but soon learn ways to make the waiting time easier...and even fun! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#306] Caillou The Snowman * Snowflakes - Caillou eagerly awaits the first snowfall of winter, and imagines himself building the biggest snowman in the world. When the snowflakes finally start to fall he rushes outside to play. He and Sarah take a close look at some snowflakes, and then go inside to make their own snowflakes out of paper.
* Caillou Shoots! He Scores! - Caillou wants to play hockey with Billy and the other big kids. He goes with Daddy to the store to get the equipment he needs, but he finds he just can't keep up with the big kids. After Daddy gives Caillou his old hockey sweater - which is way too big for Caillou - he tells him that if he keeps practicing he'll be really good by the time he grows into the sweater. Caillou goes to Leo's house to practice his hockey skills and dream about the future.
* Caillou Goes Tobogganing - Mommy can't find Caillou's toboggan for the playschool tobogganing trip and Caillou is certain he'll miss out on all the fun. Miss Martin tells him that a cardboard box slides just as well as a toboggan on snow, so he decorates a box to look just like a bobsled. Once they get to the hill his bobsled box works just as well as all the other kids' toboggans and he has a grand time after all. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#213] A Bridge to Farm/Monkey Fever * A Bridge to Farm: When George sees six stranded chicks on an island in a pond it's monkey to the rescue! George tries out several plans. Floating on his back as a monkey life raft is only temporarily successful so George looks for design inspiration in the local railroad and truss bridges. Using marshmallows, toothpicks and playing cards George constructs and then reconstructs a bridge strong enough to support one, then two, and then all six loud peeping chicks - and even the Mother Hen!
* Monkey Fever: The Man with the Yellow Hat always takes such good care of George, so when the Man comes down with a terrible case of the sniffles, George wants to return the favor. But how? He decides to try his own brand of monkey medicine to nurse the Man back to health, including setting up the bedroom like a real hospital, feeding the Man's cold and starving his fever, and even playing an impromptu game of charades with the pharmacist to get the proper cold medicine. But as George plays doctor for a day, he notices that the Man's symptoms are peculiarly close to those of Betsy's cat, the new mother of five kittens. Could the Man's illness mean he's anticipating feline fatherhood?