TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Monday, December 30, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amGreat Performances [#3711B] Jackie Evancho: Music of the Movies The little girl with a big voice returns with a special showcasing the great songs from the silver screen. Recorded in the movie palace splendor of the Orpheum Theater in Los Angeles, Jackie puts her own unique stamp on such audience favorites as "My Heart Will Go On" (Titanic), "Some Enchanted Evening" (South Pacific), "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" (The Lion King), "Pure Imagination" (Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory), "When She Loved Me" (Toy Story 2) and many more. duration 1:27:01 STEREO TVG
1:30 amCall The Midwife Holiday Special [#2012H] Christmas is coming, and in Poplar the midwives of Nonnatus House are busier than ever. When an abandoned baby is discovered on the steps of the convent, the whole community rallies round to provide food and clothing, and to try and trace his mother. Meanwhile, nurse Jenny Lee gets caught up in the heartbreaking mystery that surrounds an elderly, semi-vagrant local woman, Mrs Jenkins. For newly married Chummy, other challenges await as she pulls out all the stops to mount a truly memorable children's nativity play. duration 1:14:47 STEREO TVPG
3:00 amCall The Midwife Holiday Special [#2013H] Set in the East End of London in 1958, the lives of the midwives are anything but calm. Jenny's relationship with Alec continues and Shelagh (formerly Sister Bernadette) is in the process of marrying Dr. Turner. High drama occurs when an explosive is found and the district must be evacuated. Chummy proceeds with plans for the Cubs Christmas party. But then, the community must deal with a polio outbreak. duration 1:18:31 STEREO TV14
4:30 amVictor Borge: Comedy In Music! This special features recently re-discovered funniest and most memorable skits - a truly unparalleled collection of Victor Borge gems not to be missed. Rare archival footage from the Andy Williams Show and Perry Como Show (not seen in more than 40 years!), a classic hilarious performance from Dwight D. Eisenhower inaugural celebration from the White House, and touching, heart-felt reminiscences by his 5 children to their favorite Borge routines. duration 55:10 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#109H] The Honey Problem/The Penguin Problem The Honey Problem - Peg's Pizza Place. The 3 Bees will produce honey for Peg and Cat's super-popular honey cake - but only if Peg and Cat will dance for the Bees in a certain pattern! Primary Content: Weight.
The Penguin Problem - The South Pole. Peg and Cat coach a team of skiing penguins, who would have a shot at the Olympic gold medal if only they knew "over," "under," and "in between." Primary Content: Over, under, in between; Secondary Content: Balance. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#107H] Trees Company/Now You See Me * Trees Company - Sally and Nick are playing up in their treehouse when Nick's mom calls them for lunch. Nick wonders what it would be like to stay up in that tree all the time! The Cat in the Hat knows! Or at least he has friends that do. In Jimmer Jammer Jungle the kids learn how different animals spend their entire lives in trees. As neat as that is, there's one thing those trees don't have, and that's mom's home cooking!
* Now You See Me - Nick and Sally are playing hide and go seek, but Sally keeps getting found! The Cat takes the kids to meet the best hider ever, his friend Gecko! Through a game of hide and go seek in the jungle, the kids learn how Gecko not only hides, but how he runs and climbs. Now Sally knows how to camouflage herself so she won't be so easily found! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#130H] Safety Patrol/Safety at the Beach * Safety Patrol: Today at school, the children are learning about traffic signs. Prince Tuesday comes for a special visit, wearing his crossing guard uniform. He takes the class on a walk through the Neighborhood and they practice their safety rules all along the way.
* Safety at the Beach: Daniel and Katerina are playing on Jungle Beach with Mom Tiger. The children get a bit carried away by their treasure hunting play and they drift too far away from Mom. They learn that to stay safe near the water, they need to stop and listen! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#318] Caillou's Christmas * Caillou Goes Caroling - Caillou goes out caroling for the very first time with Mommy, Daddy, Rosie, Grandpa and Grandma. He finds out caroling is lots of fun - you get to stay up late and surprise your friends with carols, and you even get treats! They finish up the night with a big finale at the seniors' home and Caillou imagines he's really 'dashing through the snow' in a horse and sleigh.
* A Playschool Party - It's a very special day at playschool as they celebrate the many ways of celebrating the holiday season. The children bring various seasonal objects for show and tell - Caillou brings his Christmas stocking to show. After a potluck feast the children go outside and build a snow fort together.
* Caillou's Christmas Eve - It's finally Christmas Eve and Caillou just can't wait for nighttime. He's planning to stay up all night to see Santa, but when the time comes he finds this to be a lot harder than he thought it would be. Just as he's dozing off he faintly hears Santa calling out "Merry Christmas!" And in the morning his stocking is full of treats! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#509H] Follow That Boat/Windmill Monkey * Follow That Boat - Steve needs an A to pass his history class and his model papyrus boat is sure to make the grade. George helps him test the boat in Endless Park's pond, but a sudden rainstorm sweeps it down the sewer grate! While searching for the boat, Steve and George learn that debris from the street ends up in the ocean. Will they ever find Steve's little boat in the big ocean or will he be taking history again next year? Educational Objective: To recognize that waste needs to be disposed of properly to prevent unnecessary harm to the environment. To learn about a manmade system designed to reduce man's impact on the environment by working to maintain a clean and healthy environment.
* Windmill Monkey - George proudly finishes planting his rooftop garden when he turns around to find that Compass and his friends have eaten all the seeds. The scarecrow overlooking the garden didn't scare them at all! While buying more seeds, George spots a windmill and learns how the wind can power just about anything. The inspired monkey sets out to create the world's first wind powered scarecrow in hopes that will keep his seeds safe. But some things are more easily planned than done! Educational Objective: To recognize wind as an alternative and renewable source of energy capable of doing work. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#108H] Rain Game/No Sssweater Is Better * Rain Game - Sally wants to water the plants in her backyard, but it's hot and sunny outside. They need rain, and lots of it! Good thing the Cat in the Hat knows exactly where to go to get some: the rain forest! With the assistance of some toucans and the singing of howler monkeys, they explore each level of the rain forest, eventually reaching the top and the rain!
* No SSSweater is Better - Nick's favorite sweater is too small and he doesn't want to change it. The Cat in the Hat has a friend with the exact same problem! He brings them to meet Slyde the snake who shows Nick and Sally how he sheds his skin when it gets too small for him. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#111H] The Slop Problem/The Birthday Present Problem The Slop Problem - The Farm. Peg and Cat enlist the Teens to help them figure out how to clean filthy farm animals of various sizes. Primary Content: More, less; Secondary Content: Counting by fives up to 25.
The Birthday Present Problem - Peg's House/Pirate Island/Prehistoric Valley/The Purple Planet/Fairytale Land/The Giants' House. Peg and Cat gather 30 rocks from their favorite lands to give Peg's Mom for her 30th birthday. Primary Content: Counting by fives up to 30; Secondary Content: Time, using a calendar. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#128H] Kenny Kentrosaurus/Don and the Troodons * Kenny Kentrosaurus - As the Pteranodon's World Tour nears its end, the Pteranodon family travels to Africa to meet a Stegosaur named Kenny Kentrosaurus. He teaches the kids about his spikes and his tail, showing them how to thump, prompting a fun drumming party!
* Don and the Troodons - The Pteranodon family oversleeps and rushes to go on another World Tour! Don is allowed to stay back on the Train and he ends up having a fun and educational day with the Conductor and his mom, Mrs. Conductor! duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#111] Come Back, Mac/Boo! * Come Back, Mac - Mac tears one of Jetta's favorite sweaters and feels so terrible he runs away. Clifford and friends seek him out and convince him to return and face the music. Mac learns that he's more important to Jetta than her sweater, and that facing up is the wise thing to do.
* Boo! - It's Halloween and Jetta can't stop bragging about how brave she is. When the whole town gets a little spooked after watching a scary "ghost" movie, Jetta learns that it's okay to have fears, admit them out loud, and let the people who care about you know about them. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#109] Something Special/Shun Gets in the Game * Something Special - As he tries to help set up for a big Cinco de Mayo party, Clifford begins to doubt that he has any special skills to offer. Will his friends be able to cheer him up and convince him that he does have "something special?"
* Shun in the Game - It's the first beautiful day of spring and the official opening day of the Courtyard Volleyball season, so why does Shun keep making up excuses for why he can't play?