TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19242] (original broadcast date: 11/26/13)
* Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart discuss performing Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot" and Harold Pinter's "No Man's Land" at the Cort Theater on Broadway in New York.
* Anjelica Huston on her memoir "A Story Lately Told." duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32255] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, the Nasdaq closes above 4,000 for the first time in 13 years. How much healthier is the index today than it was back then? And, home prices are soaring and permits to build new ones are climbing. So why is a noted housing economist saying the momentum can't be trusted? duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amSpark! [#508H] Playwright Carlos Baron, and Other Stories * Head to Chile with playwright Carlos Baron along with his cast of actors, dancers and musicians from "Poeta Pan."
* Visit Yosemite where Julia Parker is helping to revive the art form of basket weaving.
* Get a deeper look at the haunting drawings of Josephine Taylor. duration 28:24 STEREO TVG
2:00 amAfrican Americans: Many Rivers to Cross [#106] A More Perfect Union (1968-2013) After 1968, African Americans set out to build a bright new future on the foundation of the civil rights movement's victories, but a growing class disparity threatened to split the black community in two. As hundreds of African Americans won political office across the country and the black middle class made unprecedented progress, larger economic and political forces isolated the black urban poor in the inner cities, vulnerable to new social ills and an epidemic of incarceration. Yet African Americans of all backgrounds came together to support Illinois Senator Barack Obama in his historic campaign for the presidency of the United States. When he won in 2008, many hoped that America had finally transcended race and racism. By the time of his second victory, it was clear that many issues, including true racial equality, remain to be resolved. Now we ask: How will African Americans help redefine the United States in the years to come? duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: none)
3:00 amExtraordinary Women [#106Z] Josephine Baker A look at the life of the black entertainer Josephine Baker (1906-75), who was a pioneer in every sense of the word, took Paris by storm in the 1920s and '30s, and whose impact on the cultural history of the 20th century was profound. duration 49:46 STEREO TVG
4:00 amFrontline [#3115] A Death In St. Augustine On the night she broke up with her boyfriend, a Florida deputy sheriff, Michelle O'Connell was found dead from a gunshot in the mouth. Next to her was her boyfriend's semi-automatic service pistol. The sheriff's office called it suicide, but was it?
Frontline and The New York Times investigate this death of a young, single mother, and what can go wrong when the police are faced with domestic violence allegations within their own ranks. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
5:00 amPOV [#2511H] Sun Kissed When a Navajo couple discovers their children have a disorder that makes exposure to sunlight fatal, they also learn their reservation is a hotbed for this rare genetic disease. Why? "Sun Kissed" follows Dorey and Yolanda Nez as they confront cultural taboos, tribal history and their own unconventional choices to learn the shocking truth: the consequences of the Navajos' Long Walk -- their forced relocation by the U.S. military in 1864 --are far from over. duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#109H] The Honey Problem/The Penguin Problem The Honey Problem - Peg's Pizza Place. The 3 Bees will produce honey for Peg and Cat's super-popular honey cake - but only if Peg and Cat will dance for the Bees in a certain pattern! Primary Content: Weight.
The Penguin Problem - The South Pole. Peg and Cat coach a team of skiing penguins, who would have a shot at the Olympic gold medal if only they knew "over," "under," and "in between." Primary Content: Over, under, in between; Secondary Content: Balance. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#212H] Rumbly Tumbly/Planet Name Game * Rumbly Tumbly: Nick's hungry tummy is rumbling! But why do our stomachs make noises when they're hungry? A super shrunken trip into Thing One's stomach will show them the answer! They learn how chewing and stomach juices help to break down the food, and the tummy sounds are actually the stomach working. When your tummy is empty, the sounds are much louder! There's only one way to quiet Nick's rumbly tumbly... a chewy chocolate chunky chunk chip cookie!
* Planet Name Game: Nick and Sally have run out of things to name in the garden. Good thing Cat needs help putting his model of the solar system back together - they can help him name the planets! Off in the Space-a-ma-racer they go on a whirlwind trip around the universe, learning the names of the seven planets as they go. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#104H] Daniel Gets Mad/Katerina Gets Mad * Daniel Gets Mad - Daniel Tiger and Prince Wednesday are looking forward to playing at the beach. Then it starts to rain and Mom Tiger says they can't go outside, which makes them very mad. After Mom Tiger helps the boys deal with their mad feelings and they're calm, they come up with a grr-ific plan to make a beach - indoors!
* Katerina Gets Mad - It's New Instrument Day at Music Man Stan's Music Shop. Everyone is excited, but Katerina Kittycat gets mad when someone else picks the instrument she wants to play. Music Man Stan helps guide Katerina through her mad feelings by teaching everyone how to dance, stomp and sing their mad feelings away. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#407] I Can Do It! Caillou's learning to do new things, and discovering it's okay to have help while he learns. To prove he's ready to help Dad paint the porch, Caillou paints Rosie's dollhouse first - and Gilbert, with paint-dipped paws, does some painting too! Caillou moves from renovation to recreation when Dad and Sarah teach him to play baseball; Dad teaches him to swim; and Clementine goads him into going down the big kids' slide. Mom shows Caillou how to tie his shoes but he get frustrated and stops trying. With courage and practice, he's soon able to do these things on his own. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#402H] The Big Picture/Juicy George * The Big Picture - George loves imitating the Cerulean Warbler's distinct chirp and is aghast when the Man with the Yellow Hat tells him that his favorite bird is on the endangered species list. Not to worry, the Man just wrote a book to make people aware that the bird needs assistance. But unfortunately, stores don't want to carry the book because, at 1,400 pages, it looks like a boring scientific tome. Fortunately, George runs into Steve who has lots of idea for promoting his lemonade stand. This prompts George to come up with an idea of his own -- paint an empty billboard with a razzle-dazzle picture to help promote the book. Easier said than done and even when done, will it help sell the book and spread the bird word?
* Juicy George - George has never seen a farmer's market before and finding one on his doorstep is just about the best thing ever -- until he drinks Juicy Jay's special blended juice and then that's the best thing ever! When the farmer's market leaves and there's no more juice, the Man with the Yellow Hat and George decide they need their own juicer. As they start to unpack their new purchase, the Man gets called away. A smart monkey can figure out a juicer on his own and recreate the special juice, right? It's certainly not as easy as it seems and certainly not a mess-free process! Although he has a few missteps (amazing how mushed vegetables can fly all the way to the ceiling), George masters the juicer. But will he be able to make the juice he and the Man think is the best ever? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amThe Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About Christmas! This adventure finds the Cat in the Hat, Nick and Sally on a journey around the world to help a lost reindeer find his way home to Freezeyourknees Snowland in time for Christmas. On the way, the Thingamajigger breaks down and they depend on a variety of animals - from African bush elephants to bottlenose dolphins to red crabs - and their remarkable abilities to help them make an amazing journey home. duration 58:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#113H] Hootin' Hadrosaurs!/Hatching Party * Hootin' Hadrosaurs! - Buddy, Tiny, Shiny and Don meet Perry Parasaurolophus, a dinosaur with a crest on his head who teaches them a new way to hoot some hip music.
* Hatching Party - Buddy, Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon attend an egg hatching party and meet their friend Cory Corythosaurus's new brothers and sisters. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#215] Another Fine Mess/King Mac * Another Fine Mess - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible When Emily Elizabeth puts off the responsibility of cleaning her room, the mess grows until she can't find anything. She spends so much time trying to find things that she misses out on fun activities like reading to Clifford and playing with her friends. She soon learns that taking care of responsibility now can save a lot of trouble later.
* King Mac - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful When T-Bone thinks he is responsible for getting Mac in trouble, he goes overboard to help Mac in any way he can. But Mac shows a lack of respect for their friendship by taking advantage of his little friend's guilt. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#124] Lights, Camera, Action/Basketball Babysitter * Lights, Camera, Action - Inspired by a classroom visit by Ken Burns, Emily Elizabeth, Nina and Shun try to make a documentary highlighting people in their neighborhood. But they're so busy trying to do their jobs that they don't realize how they're messing up their interviews. After they learn a lesson from Clifford about having respect for others, they make a successful documentary.
* Basketball Babysitter - Evan get tickets to see his hero, Allan Houston, play basketball, and he's really excited. Emily Elizabeth and Clifford come along, and they strike up a friendship with Allan Houston's daughter, Remie, and her beagle puppy, Hoops. Evan winds up babysitting for Remie and Hoops during the game. He's happy to do it, but he winds up missing most of the game. But he's a good sport about it, and when Allan Houston makes it up to him by playing some one-on-one basketball with him - it's his dream come true!