TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19232] (original broadcast date: 11/12/13)
* Joe Scarborough of "Morning Joe" on his new book "The Right Path: From Ike to Reagan, How Republicans Once Mastered Politics - and Can Again."
* a look at the film Blue is the Warmest Colour with actor Adele Exarchopoulos. duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32245] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, United and American get the green light to merge, creating the world's largest airline. Will the deal change the industry as we know it? And, new guidelines from the American Heart Association on the use of statins to fight high cholesterol. Will some of the biggest drug companies be the biggest beneficiaries? duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amSpark! [#506] Saxophonist Howard Wiley, Weaver Adela Akers, and other stories * Discover the tradition of spiritual music found at Angola State Prison in Louisiana with saxophonist Howard Wiley.
* Spend the day with weaver Adela Akers in her studio as she works with painstaking delicacy.
* Lend an ear to Marc Bamuthi Joseph, who blends spoken word, rap and movement to tell stories drawn from personal experience. duration 26:09 STEREO TVG
2:00 amAfrican Americans: Many Rivers to Cross [#104B] Making A Way Out of No Way (1897-1940) Something from Nothing portrays the Jim Crow era, when African Americans struggled to build their own worlds within the harsh, narrow confines of segregation. At the turn of the 20th century, a steady stream of African Americans left the South, fleeing the threat of racial violence, and searching for better opportunities in the North and the West. Leaders like Ida B. Wells, W.E.B. Du Bois, Booker T. Washington and Marcus Garvey organized, offering vastly different strategies to further black empowerment and equality. Yet successful black institutions and individuals were always at risk. At the same time, the ascendance of black arts and culture showed that a community with a strong identity and sense of pride was taking hold in spite of Jim Crow. "The Harlem Renaissance" would not only redefine how America saw African Americans, but how African Americans saw themselves. duration 1:24:03 STEREO TVPG-V (Secondary audio: DVI)
3:00 amJFK: American Experience [#102H] Part Two Follow Kennedy into the White House through his assassination and the unfulfilled promise of his presidency. Offering fresh assessments of the successes and failures of his tenure, this episode features frank appraisals by administration officials, including John Siegenthaler, Thomas Hughes and Harris Wofford, civil rights leaders Andrew Young and Julian Bond, and journalists Evan Thomas and Richard Reeves. duration 1:55:45 STEREO TVPG-L (Secondary audio: DVI)
5:00 amCuban Missile Crisis: Three Men Go to War Explore the inside story of the Cuban Missile Crisis in October 1962, when the world teetered on the brink of nuclear holocaust. In the first major feature documentary on the subject, the film brings to life the three central characters - Kennedy, Castro and Khrushchev - and explores how the world's most powerful men fell into an abyss of their own making and outlines the courage and luck it took to climb out again. duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#102H] The Messy Room Problem/The Golden Pyramid Problem The Messy Room Problem - Peg's Room. Peg and Cat sort through the mess in Peg's room just in time for company to come over and see Cat's masterpiece, "The Circles." Primary Content: Sorting; Secondary Content: Shapes.
The Golden Pyramid Problem - Magical Forest. Peg the Bold and Brave Sir Cat, Knights of the Round Table, search far and wide to retrieve the Mermaid's golden pyramids. Primary Content: Solid shapes; Secondary Content: Counting by twos. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#205H] Meet The Beetles/Tongue Tied * Meet the Beetles - Nick and Sally must protect their cookie jar from cookie snatchers! But how? Well by meeting three of the Cat's beetle friends, that's how! Stan the Giant Stag beetle shows them how to look scary, while Cliff the Click beetle teaches them to make a noise them jump! And Bobbi the Bombardier beetle has a stinky surprise for those that try to sneak up on her. Now Nick and Sally can keep their cookies safe!
* Tongue Tied - Mmm, there's nothing better than a blueberry popsicle, even though it makes your tongue blue! Speaking of tongues, the Cat has some friends with marvelous tongues! The kids meet Treetop Tom and see how his tough tongue can pick food off of thorny branches. Then Snifty the boa snake shows them how she uses her tongue to smell.And by using Cat's "Not-So-Fast-Glasses", they can see Colin the chameleon's lightening fast tongue get him his food. Nick and Sally realize that their tongues are pretty useful too.. for asking for another popsicle! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#133H] Daniel's New Friend/Same and Different Daniel's New Friend: Daniel and Miss Elaina meet Prince Wednesday's cousin Chrissie during a playdate at the castle. As they play "knights," they discover that, although Chrissie needs some help walking, they are the same in many ways. Same and Different: While Daniel is playing dress up with his friends at school, he feels different when he realizes that not everyone has a tail like him. He learns that everyone has differences, but that these are the things that make us unique. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#401] Starry Night Things that go bump in the night, and others that light up the sky, are on everyone's mind today. A family corn roast dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's under the star-studded sky prompts Grandpa to bring out his telescope and introduce Caillou to the constellations, planets, and moon. Grandpa discovers a new planetarium is opening and there's a prize for the best space costume. Caillou is thrilled when the winner turns out to be...a surprise! But fun turns to fear at bedtime when Caillou decides that a monster is lurking in his room. All's well when Mom and Dad unmask Caillou's monster as a tree branch on the window! Then, during a winter storm, the lights go out and Caillou is very afraid. Dad builds a fire in the fireplace and the family pretends they're camping. They even toast marshmallows! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#312] Relax!/The Box and the Hound * Relax! - George and the Man with the Yellow Hat decide that Professor Wiseman needs a break. She's up to her ears with work! And what better way to relax than a stress-free picnic in the park? But with a stuck pickle jar, a tangled hammock, and a duck floating away with the Man's beloved hat, the Man is at his wits end, but could a day of creative problem solving be exactly what the monkey ordered for Professor Wiseman?
* The Box and The Hound - George happily agrees to watch Charkie while Aunt Margaret visits the museum, but dog sitting turns out to be much more exhausting than George imagined. Charkie will do anything to get what's inside of Aunt Margaret's parcel package and George promised he'd keep it safe! After twisting, turning, flipping, and rotating the box, George is able to get it out of sight, but Charkie's keen sense of smell makes it impossible to stay hidden for long. Armed with dog toys and a leash, can George figure out how to distract Charkie's super sense long enough to get the box back to Aunt Margaret's house unharmed? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#135H] Super Cleaner Uppers/Itty Bitty Water * Seaweed Superhero - Nick and Sally are cleaning up the backyard when they come across a yucky apple core. Who's going to pick it up? The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best cleaner-upper there is, Sandy the Sand Hopper! Sandy teaches them the difference between natural "garbage" and man-made trash, and how some animals use the natural garbage as food. Back at home, they put the trash in a garbage bag, and the apple core in the garden for Wriggles the worm to enjoy!
* Itty Bitty Water - Nick and Sally are about to dump out the water in their kiddie pool when The Cat stops them - water is too precious to waste even a drop! Off they go to the Drippety Dry Desert to meet three creatures who are experts at conserving water. Back at home, they think of other ways to use the water in the pool instead of just dumping it out - like giving Cat a bath! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#104H] The Three Bears Problem/The Giant Problem The Three Bears Problem - Fairytale Land. Peg and Cat bring the Three Bears, the Three Little Pigs, and the Three Billy Goats Gruff together to form a super group: "The Electric Eleven." Primary Content: Adding 1; Secondary Content: Counting to 11.
The Giant Problem - Giant Land. Peg and Cat must attempt a great escape when they think the Giants want to eat them and their 8 fairy tale friends for lunch. Primary Content: Combinations that add up to 10; Secondary Content: Circle. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#215H] Dinos A to Z, Part 1, The Big Idea/Dinos A to Z, Part 2, Spread The Word While riding the Dinosaur Train with Buddy and Mom, Tiny gets the idea to gather all the dinosaurs in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song for a picnic at Troodon Town. The Conductor agrees, and the Train starts picking up dinosaurs, as Tiny and Buddy help keep track of how many of the different species have come on board, and where they are on the dinosaur A to Z list. The Dinosaur Train continues traveling around the Mesozoic picking up more and more dinosaurs that are in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song, on the way to a picnic at Troodon Town. As more train cars are added, and the rest of the Pteranodon family comes on board, Tiny and Mrs. Conductor team up to help keep order on the increasingly crowded Train. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#205] Magic in the Air/Everyone Loves Clifford * Magic in the Air - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Responsible. When the Peter Poundstone Magician craze sweeps the island, Charley gets carried away and neglects an important assignment.
* Everyone Loves Clifford - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Kind. When Emily Elizabeth scratches Clifford's "sweet spot," his back leg starts thumping and the whole island shakes!