TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Channels 9.1 • 54.2, 25.1 | XFINITY 9 and HD 709
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19122] (original broadcast date: 6/11/13)
* Continued discussion about the NSA leaks with Marc Rotenberg, President of the Electronic Privacy Information Center; Barton Gellman of the Washington Post; Philip Mudd, former Deputy Director of National Security, FBI and John Miller of CBS News
* A discussion of the unrest in Turkey with Henri Barkey of Lehigh University, Steven Cook of the Council on Foreign Relations and from Istanbul via phone: Hugh Pope of the International Crisis Group. duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32135] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, as the temperature outside heats up, so does volatility in the stock market. NBR will make sense of today's big swings and what it may mean for the long-term investor. And, why is immigration reform so important to business? As the Senate takes up the issue, we'll speak with Caesars Entertainment CEO Gary Loveman about his meeting today with President Obama. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amSpark! [#223] Making Their Move When successful local performers try to take their careers to another level, Spark asks, "Do they have what it takes?"
* They've been making music together for decades, but now the members of the Greek band Kymata want to move beyond the wedding circuit to create their own unique fusion of musical styles.
* Then, Beach Blanket Babylon's Matt Alber tries to make it into the big time as a country and western star.
* Lastly, ambitious young ballroom dancers go head to head at the Bay Area Ballroom Blitz duration 26:05 STEREO TVG
2:00 amAmish: American Experience This program explores the insular religious community whose intense faith and adherence to 400-year-old traditions have by turns captivated and baffled Americans for more than a century. It examines the beliefs, lifestyle and history of the Amish, as well as their complex relationship to mainstream American culture. Beautifully and lyrically photographed, the film is part history, part observational documentary that takes viewers into the private world of the Amish. duration 1:56:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: DVI)
4:00 amFrontline [#3107H] Syria Behind The Lines In the rural heartland of Syria's countryside, the bloody uprising against President Bashar Al Assad has taken a terrifying turn. In this documentary, award-winning filmmaker Olly Lambert lives on both sides of Syria's sectarian frontline, witnessing the devastating effect of a religious feud that, regardless of the outcome of the war, is shaping Syria's future. For generations, the many religions that live in Syria's Orontes River Valley have lived together peacefully. But as the conflict spirals into a contagious and sectarian blood feud, friends and neighbors of different faiths are taking up arms against each other, as Syrian society begins to collapse. And as each side seeks more and more revenge, shells, mortars, and air attacks only escalate the hatred and violence on both sides. duration 56:16 STEREO TV14
5:00 amIndependent Lens [#1225H] Two Spirits Fred Martinez was one of the youngest hate-crime victims in modern history when he was brutally murdered at 16. This film explores the life and death of a boy, who was also a girl, and the essentially spiritual nature of gender. duration 56:16 STEREO TV14-L (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:00 amRaggs [#138] Garden Raggs' enthusiasm for Gold Star Garden Day results in his accidentally vacuuming up B. Max's special flowers. Plus, B. Max invents the Gardenscope 2000 to help Trilby solve a gardening problem. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#107H] Trees Company/Now You See Me * Trees Company - Sally and Nick are playing up in their treehouse when Nick's mom calls them for lunch. Nick wonders what it would be like to stay up in that tree all the time! The Cat in the Hat knows! Or at least he has friends that do. In Jimmer Jammer Jungle the kids learn how different animals spend their entire lives in trees. As neat as that is, there's one thing those trees don't have, and that's mom's home cooking!
* Now You See Me - Nick and Sally are playing hide and go seek, but Sally keeps getting found! The Cat takes the kids to meet the best hider ever, his friend Gecko! Through a game of hide and go seek in the jungle, the kids learn how Gecko not only hides, but how he runs and climbs. Now Sally knows how to camouflage herself so she won't be so easily found! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#113H] Daniel Waits For Show And Tell/A Night Out At The Restaurant * Daniel Waits for Show and Tell - Daniel is so excited to share a book he made with his class at "show and tell," but he's finding it very difficult to wait. He finds that singing on Trolley, playing during science time and imagining make the waiting much easier!
* A Night Out at the Restaurant - Daniel and his family are going out to dinner, and Katerina is coming too. Daniel and Katerina have a hard time waiting at the restaurant, but soon learn ways to make the waiting time easier...and even fun! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#501H] Caillou Cares Caillou's Cricket: Caillou inadvertently brings a cricket in the house and decides it'll be fun to keep it as a pet. When the cricket gets loose and Caillou goes on a wild-cricket hunt, he's suddenly able to see things from the cricket's perspective...and decides to put the cricket back outside where it belongs. Educational Objective: Wild creatures belong in their natural habitat; empathy. Dog Dilemma: When Sarah gets a new dog, Caillou is actually a little jealous. All Sarah wants to do is play with her new pup! Caillou feels a little annoyed with the dog...until he dog-sits for an afternoon and realizes Sarah's dog is actually pretty great. He and Sarah talk about their feelings, and they decide it'd be fun for all of them to play together. Educational Objective: Jealousy; the importance of communication. The Spider Issue: After looking at a spider alien comic book with his older pal, Andre, Caillou feels afraid of real spiders. He's nervous around the house, until Daddy tells him some spider facts and shows him how cool spiders can really be...and Caillou has to agree; they ARE pretty cool! Educational Objective: Learning the difference between fact and fiction. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#605H] Hamster Cam/The Great Monkey Detective * Hamster Cam - Steve's pet hamster, Hogie, is on the loose in the city streets with nothing but a small video camera tied to his back. George helps Steve track his whereabouts using clues from the hamster cam and his best monkeyish map-reading skills. But can a monkey with a map keep up with a hamster on the run?
* The Great Monkey Detective - It's mystery movie night at Chef Pisghetti's restaurant. But the big mystery really begins when Chef Pisghetti's cookbook suddenly vanishes! A fan of Detective Basil Know-it-All, George understands that clues are the key to solving a mystery. Will George be able to crack the case of the missing cookbook or will this mystery remain unsolved? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#108H] Rain Game/No Sssweater Is Better * Rain Game - Sally wants to water the plants in her backyard, but it's hot and sunny outside. They need rain, and lots of it! Good thing the Cat in the Hat knows exactly where to go to get some: the rain forest! With the assistance of some toucans and the singing of howler monkeys, they explore each level of the rain forest, eventually reaching the top and the rain!
* No SSSweater is Better - Nick's favorite sweater is too small and he doesn't want to change it. The Cat in the Hat has a friend with the exact same problem! He brings them to meet Slyde the snake who shows Nick and Sally how he sheds his skin when it gets too small for him. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#111Z] Little Miss Muffet Poor Red wants nothing more than to play with Little Boy Blue, but he keeps running away! The Super Readers venture into the tale of Miss Muffet and meet a spider who is frightening his friend right off her tuffet! The Super Readers help Spider find a better way to approach Miss Muffet, and everyone learns that curds and whey taste better when shared with someone special. Educational Objectives: To learn how to treat a friend, follow the alphabet, practice spelling and use the power to read to change the story.