TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19117H] (original broadcast date: 6/04/13)
* a look at the Southern gothic musical "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" with Stephen King, John Mellencamp and T-Bone Burnett
* attorney and author Floyd Abrams on "Friend of the Court - On the Front Lines with the First Amendment"
* director Joss Whedon on his film "Much Ado About Nothing" duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32130Z] duration 24:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amGreat Performances [#3806(] Broadway Musicals: A Jewish Legacy Why has the Broadway musical proven to be such fertile territory for Jewish artists of all kinds? From Broadway's golden age, names like Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, the Gershwin's, Arthur Laurents, Jerome Robbins, Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim immediately come to mind. More recently, Broadway babies such as Stephen Schwartz, Marc Shaiman and Andrew Lippa represent a sampling of the Jewish talents who continue to leave their mark on musical theater. Filmmaker Michael Kantor focuses on this central question left largely unaddressed in his Emmy-winning Broadway: The American Musical, combining interviews with performance footage, including many of the rousing anthems and timeless ballads America has loved for a century. duration 1:59:47 SRND51 TVPG
3:30 amBurt Bacharach's Best (My Music Presents) Thi archival PBS special includes all the original artists with rare archival footage and clips from the 1960s-1970s. For over half-a-century, the immensely popular and immediately identifiable melodies of celebrated composer Burt Bacharach have touched millions of music lovers all over the world.
Bacharach teamed with lyricist Hal David for a stunning run of classic songs, many in tandem with songstress Dionne Warwick ("Walk On By," "Anyone Who Had A Heart," "I Say A Little Prayer," "I'll Never Fall In Love Again"). British born Dusty Springfield enjoyed Bacharach hits with the wistful "Wishin' & Hopin'" and seductive "The Look Of Love" while Tom Jones popularized the playful "What's New Pussycat?" The smashes continued in the 1970s when The Carpenters reached #1 with "(They Long To Be) Close To You," following another chart-topper, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head," the Oscar-winning tune sung by B.J. Thomas in the film "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid." The Fifth Dimension's Marilyn McCoo shined as a soloist on Burt & Hal's torch number "One Less Bell To Answer." duration 1:28:36 STEREO TVG
5:00 amGreatest Duets: It Takes Two Since the earliest days of pop music, great vocal duets have conveyed a unique emotional power that has given them a special place in the hearts of music fans everywhere. Singer/songwriter Kenny Loggins shines a light on 12 of the greatest duets in music history, showcasing some of the best superstar pairings in classic music videos and television performances, including Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney, Elton John and Kiki Dee, Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes and many more. From the passionate expression of undying friendship in Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell's "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," to the timeless power of love described by Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt in "Don't Know Much," this special covers a wide range of the pop music landscape, with classic hit songs from the 1960s, 70s and 80s. (Please note: this program is apparently produced in Mono.)
"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
"Don't Go Breaking My Heart" - Elton John and Kiki Dee
"Up Where We Belong" - Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes
"We've Got Tonight" - Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton
"Solid" - Ashford and Simpson
"How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye" - Luther Vandross and Dionne Warwick
"Tonight I Celebrate My Love" - Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack
"I Knew You Were Waiting for Me" - Aretha Franklin and George Michael
"On My Own" - Patti LaBelle and Michael McDonald
"I Got You Babe"- Chrissie Hynde & UB40
"Don't Know Much" - Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt
"Islands in the Stream" - Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton duration 54:40 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#106] Sharing It's Puppy Pirate Sharing Day! Instead of sharing, Raggs eats all of Pido's Surprise Pie and tries to cover it up by filling it with his building blocks. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#102H] I Love The Nightlife/Oh Give Me A Home! * I Love the Nightlife - Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night!
* Oh Give Me a Home! - Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#106H] Daniel And Miss Elaina Play Rocketship/Daniel Plays At The Castle Daniel and Miss Elaina Play Rocketship - Daniel has come to play with Miss Elaina today! They decide to play "outer space," but Miss Elaina gets upset when her cardboard telescope and spaceship accidentally break. Lady Elaine helps the friends see that they can still have fun together, even without the toys - because they're friends! They use their imaginations to keep playing, which is just as much fun!
Daniel Plays at the Castle - Daniel is visiting Prince Wednesday and the boys are excited to explore Prince Wednesday's rock collection. Daniel is saddened when Prince Wednesday tells him the rocks are too delicate to play with. Daniel and Prince Wednesday learn that friendship is about more than just playing with each other's toys - it's about being together! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#410] After Dark! Things get a little scary today. Caillou and his new neighbours, Jason and Jeffery, are playing hide and go seek in the backyard, until dusk brings out the shadows. A flashlight and Mommy help chase the shadows away. That evening, Caillou can't fall asleep when he hears scary "scratchy monster" noises and thinks there's a monster in his room. Daddy shows him that a tree branch brushing against the window is making the noises and the only monster in Caillou's room is Gilbert. Later, a bad dream about a scary monster leads to a restless night for Caillou. Mommy and Daddy help him learn to fall asleep safely in his own bed. And, finally, when Caillou sleeps over at Leo's house for the first time, he has fun until it's time to go to sleep. A phone call to Mommy reminds Caillou that Teddy was looking forward to spending the night. Together they rest easily. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#203] Up A Tree/Curious George and the Trash * Up A Tree: When George tires of table manners and house rules, he decides to build a tree house in the country yard - a nest of his own where using his feet to eat corn on the cob and to paint on the walls would be perfectly acceptable. Armed with his Handy Monkey Tool Set, George gathers as many building materials as possible. But he quickly learns that creating a house from scratch just might take more than a pile of plywood and a handful of nails. What he needs is a design plan to make this work - and forgiveness for accidentally stealing supplies from Quint's dock and Mrs. Renkin's chicken coop!
* Curious George and the Trash: Just as he is preparing to have his new driver's license photo taken, The Man with the Yellow Hat suddenly finds himself hatless - thanks to George, who accidentally crushes it. After dropping the hat off at the dry-cleaner to have it fixed, The Man asks George to wait at home for it to be delivered while he goes on a neighborhood jog. But when the hat arrives, George mistakes it for a look-a-like garbage box and tosses it down the trash chute. George's desperate attempt to recover his friend's most prized possession leads the monkey on a race through the labyrinth of the city's garbage system. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#103H] Many Ants Make Light Work/Nest Best Thing * Many Ants Make Light Work - Nick and Sally are trying to put up a tent in their backyard but it's not working! Nick is pulling when Sally is pushing and it's just making a giant heap! Good thing the Cat knows a million trillion friends who are experts at teamwork! He whisks the kids off to visit an ant colony where Nick and Sally learn that you can do anything when you work together!
* Nest Best Thing - Nick and Sally have found some bird eggs in their backyard, but their nest is destroyed. Where are they going to keep them? The Cat in the Hat brings them to an expert nest builder, Mrs. Robin, who shows the children how to build a nest especially for those robin eggs. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#143] Peter Rabbit Red wants to find the perfect present to show Grandma she cares, but she is absolutely stumped! The Super Readers pay a storybook visit to Peter Rabbit and chase after the mischievous little cottontail bunny, who's on the hunt for some delicious fresh vegetables for his Mama. The Super Readers must help Peter find what he's looking for before his big appetite for veggies lands him in hot water!
Educational Objectives: To learn how to show someone you care, investigate the alphabet, practice spelling skills and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#130H] Long Claws/Tank's Sleep Over * Long Claws - Buddy, Tiny, Don and Mrs. Pteranodon head to the thicket to ask a Therizinosaurus family about their colossal claws. Mr. and Mrs. T strike a pose to demonstrate how they use their claws for self-defense, while their daughter, Teri, shows the kids her favorite practice spot.
* Tank's Sleep Over - When Tank spends the night at Pteranodon Terrace, the last thing he wants to do is sleep. But as the night wears on, Don, Tiny and Shiny start to nod off, and Buddy tries to stay awake with Tank. Then Buddy realizes that Tank is worried about sleeping in a strange place, so Buddy and Mom help Tank feel at home so he can finally get to sleep. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#222] Food for Thought/Friends 4ever * Food For Thought: Clifford and his friends are influenced by advertisements for a new dog food.
* Friends 4ever: When T- Bone learns his old best buddy Burger is coming for a visit, he tells Clifford and Cleo about the time when he was a puppy, and thought he'd never be able to have another friend as good Burger.