TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Thursday, March 7, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19053] (original broadcast date: 03/06/13)
* Michael Porter of Harvard University discusses the US in the global economy
* Reynold Levy, President of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32066] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, stocks continue higher but what are the threats to this market rally. Also, the individual investor missed the ride to the top - but did they really? A deep dive into how 401k's have performed since the market bottom. And, in tonight's In Focus: The American Recovery series, the U.S. is on the road to energy independence, but there are still potholes ahead. duration 24:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amGreat Performances [#3713B] Andrea Bocelli: Love In Portofino International superstar Andrea Bocelli returns once again to delight fans with a concert special of classical favorites, pop standards and Brazilian jazz, this time from the breathtaking coastal setting of Portofino, Italy. With 16-time Grammy-winner David Foster as music director and at the keyboard, Bocelli is joined by trumpeter Chris Botti to perform a select collection of the world's most famous love songs. duration 1:57:06 STEREO TVG
3:30 amSuper Brain with Dr. Rudy Tanzi This program explores new discoveries in neuroscience that maximize the potential of the human brain in practical and actionable ways. The field of neuroscience has been exploding with new findings by the day. Ever since it became possible to view the human brain as it lights up with activity, researchers have had to change long-held assumptions about an organ that has been called "the three-pound universe." Dr. Rudy Tanzi is introduced by his co-author Dr. Deepak Chopra. In his new program, the Harvard Medical School professor takes advantage of cutting-edge research to show the way we all can maximize our brain's potential. duration 1:28:42 STEREO TVG
5:30 amImageMakers [#901H] Lost and Found THE LOST THING - Australia
A boy discovers a bizarre looking creature while out collecting bottle caps one day at the beach. Realizing it is lost, he tries to find out where it belongs, but everyone else is too busy or wrapped up in their own life to care. The boy decides it is up to him to find its home. The surreal animation comes from the mind of children's book writer Shaun Tan who also directed this 2011 Academy Award winning film. A beautiful allegory exploring how we take for granted the world around us and how we ourselves at times feel like we don't belong.
INK - Australia
A graffiti artist uses art to come to terms with a long lost toy and a stolen childhood. As she reflects back on what might have been, she struggles to trust or get close to anyone. One day her work attracts the attention of a young man. He identifies with the image and feels a strong bond with her. Tracking her down will not be easy. Can two wounded souls find the courage to piece together the confusing fragments of the past that may lead to some resolution and healing? Written and directed by Justine Wallace. Narrated by Cassandra Magrath. duration 27:06 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#151] Taste When Raggs makes the Tasty Tuesday Treat he practices different recipes for the dogs to sample. The dogs help Razzles get her sense of taste back after she burns her tongue drinking hot chocolate. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#105H] Flower Power/Snowman's Land * Flower Power - Sally's mom has a cold, so Sally wants to pick her some colorful flowers to make her feel better. The Cat in the Hat takes Nick and Sally to the forest of Flora-Fah-Zoom where they meet three different creatures that all depend on flowers to live. Sally decides to make her mother a picture of their adventure in Flora-Fah-Zoom instead of picking a flower that animals need in order to survive.
* Snowman's Land - Sally and Nick have just finished making a statue of the Cat in the Hat out of snow, but he's starting to melt! Good thing Cat knows where to take the melting snowcat: to the cold and snowy north! In the arctic, the kids skate on a frozen lake, make snow sculptures, and learn that water can freeze and melt when it's cold or warm outside. Because it's getting warmer back home, they leave their snowcat sculpture there so they can come back and visit him! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#108H] Something Special for Dad/I Love You, Mom Something Special for Dad - Daniel notices how happy Dad is to have received a letter from Grandpere. Daniel really loves Dad, so he decides to send him a letter that will make him glad too. He goes to the Post Office with Mom, where he learns how letters are sorted and mailed. He even joins Mr. McFeely on his "speedy delivery" to give Dad the very special letter! I Love You, Mom - Daniel wants to surprise Mom Tiger with her favorite banana bread because he knows it is one way to say "I love you." Dad and Daniel head to Baker Aker's Bakery, where they learn about the bread-making process. Daniel and Dad Tiger surprise Mom and she happily shares the banana bread gift with them too! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#401] Starry Night Things that go bump in the night, and others that light up the sky, are on everyone's mind today. A family corn roast dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's under the star-studded sky prompts Grandpa to bring out his telescope and introduce Caillou to the constellations, planets, and moon. Grandpa discovers a new planetarium is opening and there's a prize for the best space costume. Caillou is thrilled when the winner turns out to be...a surprise! But fun turns to fear at bedtime when Caillou decides that a monster is lurking in his room. All's well when Mom and Dad unmask Caillou's monster as a tree branch on the window! Then, during a winter storm, the lights go out and Caillou is very afraid. Dad builds a fire in the fireplace and the family pretends they're camping. They even toast marshmallows! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#601H] School of Dance/Curious George Sounds Off * School of Dance - Little monkeys love to dance, which is why George can't wait for Allie's dance party. When Bill announces he's leaving town because he doesn't know how to dance the box step, George creates a footsteps dance step map to help. But you can't take a dance map to a party! How will Bill keep from stepping on toes without one?
* Curious George Sounds Off - Chef Pisghetti is distraught: his chickens won't lay any eggs! After spending a night in the chicken coop, George discovers that the chickens aren't sleeping and are too tired to lay eggs. The noisy alley is the culprit. Will George's efforts to soundproof the chicken coop with recycled materials pay off with egg-cellent results? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#215H] Top of the Sky/Jiggle Bones * Top of the Sky: Nick, Sally and Cat are playing with their toy rocket.Using the Cat's "Whoa-Look-At-It-Go-Launcher," he shoots the rocket up up and up! But now they need to go find it. Off to the top of the sky! They pass the treetops, and the mountains. Where is the top of the sky? They keep going higher until they're in space! They meet Audrey the Astronaut who explains that there is no top to the sky. The sky turns into space and space goes on forever! Just when the kids think their rocket is lost, they find it in Audrey's space station. Though they can't launch their rocket to the top of the sky, launching it to the moon is just as cool!
* Jiggle Bones: Nick and Sally are wiggling and jiggling like the jelly mould in front of them. But they can't quite widdle the same way. How come? Bones, of course! announces the Cat. Bones keep their bodies from being wiggly and jiggle. But why do they need bones? A visit to Dr. Giggles will answer that question! They learn about the big strong bones that help us stand and walk, the small bones that help us bend and move, and all the important bones that help protect our squishy bits. Even though they won't let you wiggle and jiggle like jelly, bones are important! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#156] Alice In Wonderland Oh dear! Princess Pea is so busy playing, she's late to Sleeping Beauty's birthday party and misses all the fun! The reading heroes tumble down the rabbit hole in a madcap adventure to catch up with a famous white rabbit who is also tardy! Super Why and his friends must get through the topsy-turvy house and past the Queen of Hearts herself to find out if the white rabbit makes it to the tea party on time! Educational Objectives: To learn a helpful tool for being on time. Fun interactive games help preschoolers match letters of the alphabet, practice the magic of spelling, and use the power to read to change the story! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#209H] Dry Times at Pteranodon Terrace/Big Misty Sea Fishing Contest * When the weather has been extremely dry for several weeks, all the water holes at Pteranodon Terrace dry up. The Lambeosaurus family decides to move away in search of water, which upsets the kids. Dad and Mom decide to take the kids to the Big Pond on a camping trip, where they will wait out the drought and return home when it rains again. Don doesn't want to leave his home, even temporarily, and decides to perfect a "rain dance" that will make the rain return.
* Dad learns that he's been chosen to compete in the big annual Fishing Contest at the Big Misty Sea, and is one of three contestants. The whole family rides there on the Dinosaur Train to cheer Dad on. They learn that the contestants are Dad, the Old Spinosaurus, and Dad's childhood friend and rival, a huge raptor named Marco Megaraptor. The three all end up fighting over Chester, the legendary biggest fish in the Big Misty Sea. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#223] Tie-Dye Clifford/Stage Struck * Tie-Dye Clifford: When Clifford accidentally gives himself a bath with tie-dye dyes, he ends up looking like a T-shirt from the '60's! Not wanting to upset Emily, he tries to hide the fact. But soon learns that he can tell the truth to Emily because Emily understands that everyone makes mistakes.
* Stage Struck: Mary has always been afraid to perform in front of an audience. But with the help and support of her friend Emily, Mary is able to overcome her stage fright.