TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
KQED 9: Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19047H] (original broadcast date: 02/26/13)
* Larry Summers of Harvard University on the health of the US economy
* Salman Khan, Founder of the Khan Academy on his book "The One World Schoolhouse: Education Reimagined" duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32060Z] Federal Reserve boss Ben Bernanke shows signs that the central bank will continue buying government bonds to help support the economy. NBR's Darren Gersh has more from Washington. The housing recovery continues building ground with new home sales and prices hitting multi-year highs. NBR's Erika Miller has details on whether the recovery is sustainable. And, the banking business may have fewer employees but Wall Street bonuses are up. NBR's Ruben Ramirez looks at the latest numbers. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amSpark! [#415] West Oakland Not everyone knows West Oakland to be an artists' community, but this episode tells the stories of artists who call this area of the East Bay their home.
* Critically acclaimed modernist sculptor Bruce Beasley not only shows us the creation process behind his awe-inspiring sculptures but also discusses area development.
* Despite a lack of funding for school arts programs, high school students who take part in BUMP, the Bay Unity Music Project, are learning about music production from hip-hop professionals.
* John Abduljaami introduces us to his work and regales us with stories about his woodcarvings.
* Finally, tag artist (C)rude leaves political, African-inspired artwork around West Oakland public spaces.