TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19027H] (original broadcast date: 01/29/13)
* Bradley Cooper discusses his Oscar nominated role in "Silver Linings Playbook."
* George Saunders, author of "Tenth of December." duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32040Z] Home prices continue climbing, marking their best gains since the recession began five years ago. NBR's Tom Hudson speaks with MKM Partners' Megan McGrath. Ford Motor is firing on all cylinders as strong U.S. sales help offset weakness in Europe. NBR's Ruben Ramirez takes a look at what's next for the U.S. automaker. President Obama makes his case for sweeping immigration reform calling it a "boost" for the economy. NBR's Darren Gersh breaks down the President's plan. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amSpark! [#214] First Person Narratives Speaking from first hand experience: it's a narrative style that's the hallmark of many 21st century art forms. In this episode of Spark, we see how Bay Area artists are making the form uniquely theirs.
* This episode begins with the kind of stories that won't put you to sleep, as you'll discover when Spark visits Porchlight Theater, a monthly revue where storytellers walk an emotional tightrope on stage, spilling their guts in front of a live audience.
* In our second story, visit students at Tamalpais High School who are learning the fine art of documentary theater, a form that now dominates American drama. We follow their production from first interview to finished performance, as they document the history of protest in the Mill Valley community.
* Finally, we'll go backstage with comedian and actress Marga Gomez (margagomez.com), as she workshops a new one-woman show based on her experiences growing up in an ambitious show-biz family. duration 26:09 STEREO TVG
2:00 amPioneers of Television [#303H] Superheroes "Superheroes" crosses many eras: "Superman" in the 1950s, "Batman" in the '60s, "Wonder Woman" and "The Incredible Hulk" in the '70s and "The Greatest American Hero" in the '80s. The episode features in-depth interviews with Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar, Lynda Carter, Lou Ferrigno, William Katt and others. It also includes comments from Robert Culp, about his show "The Greatest American Hero, " recorded just days before he passed away. duration 56:16 STEREO TVPG
3:00 amHenry Ford: American Experience Henry Ford's car transformed the lives of millions, and redrew the grid of the United States and much of the world. His assembly line changed the character of modern industry, and his Five Dollar Day laid the foundation for the creation of the American middle class. A bundle of contradictions, Ford was at once forward and backward-looking, innovative and close-minded, generous and mean-spirited. The same man who helped liberate millions from social isolation with his Model T also trapped thousands in a workplace prison where they were forbidden to sit or talk. The same Ford who welcomed African Americans and disabled people into his factories was a bigot who broadcast to the world his vitriolic hatred of Jews and exhibited devastating cruelty to his own son. This biography draws upon a rich archival record and recent scholarship to provide a revealing portrait of a complex, pivotal and ultimately flawed figure. duration 1:55:46 STEREO TVPG-L (Secondary audio: DVI)
5:00 amPackard - An American Classic Car From its birthplace in Warren, Ohio in 1899 to its final days in Detroit, Michigan and South Bend, Indiana in the late '50s, this program chronicles the history of the Packard automobile through interviews with Packard owners, vintage film and Packard archive photographs. duration 59:01 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#205H] Sound & Noise Raggs is so excited to try out his new super-duper mega amplifier because it makes his guitar sound so loud, but the other dogs discover that his loud guitar tunes out all other sounds. Can B. Max invent something to solve the problem?
Trilby loves the great present she got from Noisy Neville - a Noisy Noisemaker. The dogs start to hear lions, trains & elephants inside the house until they learn that Trilby is playing a trick on them. The dogs trick Trilby with sounds they make outside like galloping horses & frogs. But who plays the last trick when all the dogs hear noises inside the clubhouse? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#130H] Help with Kelp/Treetop Tom * Help With Kelp - It's Fish's birthday and Nick and Sally want to get him a special present, but who can they ask for ideas? Cat's friend Gary the Garibaldi fish might have an idea! Off to the Briny Blue Sea where they meet a variety of creatures in a kelp forest who use the kelp for both food and protection. Back at home they make a picture of the kelp forest for Fish. It's the best present he could ever hope for!
* Treetop Tom - Nick and Sally are playing when their ball gets caught up high in the branches of a tree. Oh how they wish they were tall! Being tall is something Cat's friend Treetop Tom knows all about. They meet the giraffe in the So Sunny Savannah, and with the help of Cat's "tallerizers", Nick and Sally are as tall as Tom! They soon learn that being small has its disadvantages. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#108H] Something Special for Dad/I Love You, Mom * Something Special for Dad - Daniel notices how happy Dad is to have received a letter from Grandpere. Daniel really loves Dad, so he decides to send him a letter that will make him glad too. He goes to the Post Office with Mom, where he learns how letters are sorted and mailed. He even joins Mr. McFeely on his "speedy delivery" to give Dad the very special letter!
* I Love You, Mom - Daniel wants to surprise Mom Tiger with her favorite banana bread because he knows it is one way to say "I love you." Dad and Daniel head to Baker Aker's Bakery, where they learn about the bread-making process. Daniel and Dad Tiger surprise Mom and she happily shares the banana bread gift with them too! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#435] New Places and New Things! Caillou and family go on a trip on Helen's boat, an old friend of Mom's. Caillou is surprised to find there's a whole house packed into the boat. Caillou learns about wind and sails, and even gets to steer the boat too! When Mom and Dad are getting ready to go out to a restaurant, Caillou doesn't understand why he can't go too! He's disappointed until Julie the babysitter suggests they make their own restaurant, complete with menus! When Caillou accidentally breaks one of his toys because his room is a mess, Mom suggests a way to make cleaning up fun: with colourful stickers and a chart. Now Caillou and Rosie get to pick out their very own stickers for brushing their teeth and cleaning up the toys in their bedrooms! When Caillou dresses himself, he learns that when you put your pants on backwards, you can change and put them on right. When he sees Dad and Grandpa in suits and ties for a big party, he changes into his grownup clothes too. Jonas, a friend of Dad's and a real cowboy, has invited the family to visit his ranch. Caillou had never met a real cowboy before. Caillou learns a lot about horses; he gets to brush a pony named Lucky, he even gets his very own cowboy hat! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#703H] Hundley Jr./Curious George Gets Winded * Hundley Jr. - What's long, low to the ground, and loves to clean milkweed off the lobby floor? Hundley's newest friend and caterpillar, Hundley Jr! But when Hundley is torn between looking after the lobby and caring for his new friend, he turns his lobby duties over - to a monkey!
* Curious George Gets Winded - Bill needs one more newspaper delivery to win the coveted Golden Pouch, but a big snowfall ruins his chances.Even with George's help, there's no way he can deliver all those papers in time. Can George's monkey-made wind sled help the duo sail to victory? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#128H] Flutter By Butterfly/Pretty In Pink * Flutter By Butterfly - Sally and Nick are pretending to be butterflies, but they're not very good at it. The Cat takes them to meet Bernadette the Monarch butterfly, who can teach them all about fluttering. Following Bernadette from Milky Weed Meadow to Prickly Pines forest they learn that butterfly wings are used for so much more than just fluttering!
* Pretty in Pink - Sally and Nick are having fun trying out different moves when the Cat arrives to show them some cool moves of his own. He learned them from Pinkie the flamingo. The kids want to learn too, so off they go to Gooney Goon Lagoon! There they learn all about flamingos - fun moves and all! Back at home Cat, Nick and Sally all move together - the flamingo way! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#140Z] Juan Bobo and the Pig Red can't believe her ears! Could Grandma really have asked for a "pizza paper?" The Super Readers fly into a Puerto Rican folktale to meet a boy who thinks his Momma wants him to put his pig in a dress! Maybe both Juan Bobo and Red have misunderstood! Will the Super Readers untangle this silly situation before Juan Bobo's pig runs hog wild? Educational Objectives: To learn about the importance of getting all the information. Young viewers will use the alphabet, practice spelling skills and use the power to read to change the story! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#203H] Stargazing on the Night Train/Get Into Nature! * The Pteranodon family rides a special 'Night Train" to another part of the Cretaceous Time Period, where they meet a Troodontid "cousin" of the Conductor's, Sidney Sinovenator, who knows more about the stars than anyone. Sidney takes the family up to his favorite stargazing spot, "Starry Hill," and teaches the kids why the stars seem to move across the night sky.
* When the kids build their own version of a nest on the beach, below their actual family nest up on the cliff, they get the idea to turn their beach nest into a clubhouse. Shiny thinks that a clubhouse needs a club, and "the Nature Trackers" club is born! The kids decide to make their club about getting outside, getting into nature, and making new discoveries. The only problem is: which kid is in charge of the club? duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#139] Forgive & Forget/Mimi's Back In Town * Forgive & Forget - When Clifford forgets a play date, Cleo gets really upset. After all, she would never do that to a friend. Cleo wont even accept Clifford's apologies. But T-bone points out to Cleo that maybe she is the one who isn't being a good friend. After all, Clifford did apologize and a good friend would never hold a grudge. Cleo learns that good friends forgive (and forget!).
* Mimi-s Back in Town - T-bone really likes Mimi, the little brown poodle who visits the Island on occasion, and is very excited to hear she's coming back again! But when Cleo starts teasing him about how much he likes Mimi, T-bone feels embarrassed and uncomfortable. He finally confronts Cleo about it and Cleo learns that teasing can be anything that makes someone feel uncomfortable. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#108] Nina's Perfect Party/Just The Right Size * Nina's Perfect Party - Nina's perfectly planned birthday party gets flooded out at the T-shirt shop. Can Emily Elizabeth come up with a great idea to save Nina's birthday?
* Just The Right Size - Mrs. Howard can't find her car keys before Emily Elizabeth's recital, and Daffodil tells Clifford he is too small to help.