TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, December 21, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18259H] (original broadcast date: 12/20/12)
* a political update with with Julianna Goldman & Al Hunt of Bloomberg News
* George Stevens, founder of the American Film Institute on his life and career in film
* a look at the film This Is 40 with director Judd Apatow and actors Paul Rudd & Leslie Mann duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32012Z] An historic sale here on Wall Street: The New York Stock Exchange, home to the world's greatest companies, agrees to a takeover by The Intercontinental Exchange. NBR's Erika Miller takes a look at what this $8 billion dollar deal means for the 220-year-old big board. The tone in Washington turns nasty as House Republicans prepare to vote on "Plan B" for avoiding the Fiscal Cliff. NBR's Darren Gersh has details on what's next. And, 'tis the season to shop til you drop. Retailers hope the stores will be crowded this weekend and shoppers hope the lines will be short. NBR's Ruben Ramirez takes a look at "tap and go" mobile payment technology that is surging in popularity. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amJohn Sebastian Presents: Folk Rewind (My Music) Folk legend John Sebastian reflects and remembers the very best of The Folk Years in an all new show which remembers archival folk (traditional, pop and folk rock) era classics from the vault which culminates into a crescendo of excitement with a new live reunion of folk singers including Barry McGuire, Roger McGuinn of The Byrds, The Chad Mitchell Trio, Chad & Jeremy, Jesse Colin Young of The Youngblodds and more. duration 1:58:43 STEREO TVG
3:30 amTenors: Lead with Your Heart, The The Tenors, a group formed in Canada, have traveled the world since 2008. From Johannesburg to Shanghai, London to Los Angeles, they have inspired millions of music lovers with their rich harmonies, addictive charm and powerful songs. Now they're back with a dazzling concert which takes place in the breathtaking 2050 seat Reynolds Hall at The Smith Center. They perform all new music from their second album, Lead With Your Heart.
Each act stretches the boundaries of classical crossover by combining classic songs, modern tunes and Spanish and French world music. From cover features of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" to the inspirational anthem "Amazing Grace", and one of the most recognizable and heroic Tenor arias, "Nessun Dorma," the diverse performance features an eclectic mix of pop favorites and classical staples along with new compositions written and co-written by The Tenors. The foursome also invites some of their friends as special guests to share the stage for this unforgettable performance. duration 1:29:55 SRND51 TVG
5:00 amEasy Yoga for Arthritis with Peggy Cappy This program offers a fabulous anti-stress yoga sequence, presented in Peggy's gentle style that everybody can do. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the US, affecting some 37 million people. Peggy shows how yoga can relieve stiffness, reduce pain and fatigue, and improve muscle and bone strength. duration 58:24 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#120] Sleep Raggs' dreams are keeping him awake and Pido can't sleep because he's too excited about the upcoming Tail-Chasing Championships. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#206H] Manatees and Mermaids/The Last Chocolate * Manatees and Mermaids - Sally and Nick are pretending to swim, but why not go for a real swim asks the Cat! Off to the Glippydrippy Gulf to meet Matilda the Manatee and her son Marlin. Matilda and Marlon teach their guests how to swim slowly and gracefully. Until they hear the sound of a boat motor! Those can be dangerous for manatees, but luckily the Cat, Nick and Sally help their new friends to stay safe. And when they get back home, Nick and Sally will be sure to tell everyone to "Slow down for manatees!"
* The Last Chocolate - Only two chocolates left in the whole box, what a great present for Nick and Sally's Moms. That is until The Cat excitedly eats them! Oh no! How are they going to find more chocolate to give to their moms? Why a trip to visit Princess Lottachoca in the Cocoalicious Forest will help them! There, the Princess teaches Nick and Sally the chocolate-making song and they help to pick the beans, roast them, and to heat the juice and add sugar. And then, pouring the hot liquid into moulds of any shape. Now that the chocolate has cooled, it's time to go home and surprise their moms! Educational Objective: The process of how chocolate is made from the humble cocoa bean - by picking the beans, drying them, roasting them and then crushing them to get the juice, then adding sugar while you heat it, pour it into a mould and cool it. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#101H] Daniel's Birthday/Daniel's Picnic Daniel's Birthday - It's Daniel's Birthday! Daniel is very excited to go to Baker Aker's Bakery with his mom to pick out a cake for his party. When they arrive home after a bumpy ride on Trolley, Daniel is disappointed to find that his cake is smushed. It turns out...smushed cake is yummy too! Daniel's Picnic - Daniel, Prince Wednesday and Miss Elaina are having a picnic in front of the clock factory. When it starts to rain, the picnic is ruined, leaving them very disappointed. The friends turn this around by having their picnic inside the clock factory instead. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#318] Caillou's Christmas * Caillou Goes Caroling - Caillou goes out caroling for the very first time with Mommy, Daddy, Rosie, Grandpa and Grandma. He finds out caroling is lots of fun - you get to stay up late and surprise your friends with carols, and you even get treats! They finish up the night with a big finale at the seniors' home and Caillou imagines he's really 'dashing through the snow' in a horse and sleigh.
* A Playschool Party - It's a very special day at playschool as they celebrate the many ways of celebrating the holiday season. The children bring various seasonal objects for show and tell - Caillou brings his Christmas stocking to show. After a potluck feast the children go outside and build a snow fort together.
* Caillou's Christmas Eve - It's finally Christmas Eve and Caillou just can't wait for nighttime. He's planning to stay up all night to see Santa, but when the time comes he finds this to be a lot harder than he thought it would be. Just as he's dozing off he faintly hears Santa calling out "Merry Christmas!" And in the morning his stocking is full of treats! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#123] Ski Monkey/George The Grocer * Ski Monkey - When a blizzard covers the country house with a foot of snow, George can't wait to get outside to play. But he soon learns that such deep snow isn't easy for a monkey to play in, until he learns how much fun it can be to ski, snowshoe and sled.
* George the Grocer - George really wants the toy oven he sees in the window at the toy store, but first, he has to find a job to earn money to buy it. Since neither Chef Pisghetti nor Mr. Glass need help,George decides to go to work at the Grocery Store. While George is pretty proud of the job he does helping customers, the grocer is pretty confused about who is causing such chaos in the aisles. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#117H] A Long Winter's Nap/The Tree Doctor * A Long Winter's Nap: Sally and Nick are so excited to go ice skating tomorrow, that they can't fall asleep! Cat's friend Boris the Bear can help! Off they go to the Gleep-sneep Woods to learn how Boris gets ready to take his long winter's nap. Back at home, Nick and Sally follow Boris' advice, and, with the help of a bedtime story from Cat, they quickly fall asleep.
* The Tree Doctor: Sally's little maple sapling hasn't grown any bigger! To discover why, The Cat in the Hat takes the kids to meet Dr. Twiggles. With the help of the doctor and his songs, Nick and Sally discover how trees "eat" - through their leaves and roots. They also learn that trees grow verrrry slowly. A few more years and their maple sapling will grow into a maple tree! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#138] 'twas The Night Before Christmas 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, and all through Storybrook Village, not a creature was stirring...except for Whyatt, who has an important question for Santa! So the Super Readers catch up with Santa and his reindeer as they gallop from rooftop to rooftop and unravel the mystery of Santa's childhood, discovering along the way how to help spread the magic of the holiday. Educational Objectives: To learn about making others feel good, play with the alphabet, experiment with spelling, and use the power to read to change the story! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#224H] Dome-Headed Dinosaur/Treasure Hunt The Pteranodon kids and their dome-headed friend Spikey Stygimoloch meet a brother and sister, Patrick and Pamela Pachycephalosaurus, two dinosaurs with enormous dome heads. Spikey bonds with the Pachycephalosaurus. Patrick and Pamela are athletes who invite our kids, Mom, and Spikey along to watch them use their impressive dome heads to play a volleyball type sport called, Dome Ball. Don has a large collection of things he's found in nature, but he's missing one hard-to-locate item - amber. On the Dinosaur Train, Don and the other Pteranodon kids find out that Gilbert is also looking for amber. At Amber Arroyo caves, Don and Gilbert separately search for and find amber, eventually bonding over their discoveries. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#110] To Catch A Bird/The Best Party Ever * To Catch a Bird - When Jetta's trophy and locket are missing, all fingers and paws point to Emily - all of them except for Clifford's! The dogs, led by Clifford, finally prove Emily didn't steal anything, and Clifford learns the value of having faith in a friend.
* The Best Party Ever - Jetta ridicules Emily for not planning enough exciting activities for her birthday party, so Charley convinces Emily not to invite her. But Emily realizes that Jetta's feelings were hurt and invites her after all. Besides, with Clifford at the party, there's always more than enough excitement - even for Jetta! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#119] Fall Feast/Norville's New Game * Fall Feast - It's the Fall Feast holiday and the Howards are planning to visit Emily Elizabeth's grandparents. But a huge snow storm leaves them snowed in at the train station, along with many of their friends and neighbors. At first, everyone's spirits are very low but Clifford helps Emily Elizabeth realize that the group can celebrate the Fall Feast together and rejoice in its spirit of sharing.
* Norville's New Game - The animals are in the courtyard making up games. When it's Norville's turn to invent a game he consistently reinvents the rules so that each time emerges as the winner. Each time this happens, he further alienates his friends until they eventually refuse to play with him anymore. In the end, Norville realizes the importance of playing fair.