TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Thursday, December 6, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18248H] (original broadcast date: 12/05/12)
* Stuart Stevens, Mitt Romney's top campaign strategist in the Presidential elections discusses why they lost the election
* Julianna Goldman of Bloomberg News tells us about her interview with President Obama, his first since being re-elected duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32001Z] duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amMotown: Big Hits and More (My Music) TJ Lubinsky and the My Music team have spent the last year in the Motown vaults assembling a new CD set of original Motown classics from 1958 to 1968. This PBS exclusive collection features many first time extended stereo mixes of Motown's biggest hits, b-sides, album cuts and radio classics from The Temptations, The Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes, The Miracles, Martha & The Vandellas and more. duration 1:57:59 STEREO TVG
3:30 amIl Volo Takes Flight at Christmas Piero Barone, Ignazio Boschetto and Ginaluca Ginoble have been receiving unanimous raves for their vocal talent and showmanship displayed on their first PBS special, "Il Volo Takes Flight." Now the group has taken flight for a second time with an updated concert special highlighting Il Volo Christmas songs. duration 1:28:23 STEREO TVG
5:00 amEasy Yoga for Arthritis with Peggy Cappy This program offers a fabulous anti-stress yoga sequence, presented in Peggy's gentle style that everybody can do. Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the US, affecting some 37 million people. Peggy shows how yoga can relieve stiffness, reduce pain and fatigue, and improve muscle and bone strength. duration 58:25 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#206H] Big & Small Big presents are the best! But, when Raggs wants to get a great big present for Billy the Bat's birthday, he discovers that good things can come in small packages, too. The dogs are getting ready for their Mega Max Music Show, so Pido explores the idea of creating a big backdrop for the band. When the dogs can only find pieces of paper in different sizes, they put the pieces together to make one giant piece of paper, but then run out of time to paint it. How will they work together to get it ready for the show? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#103H] Many Ants Make Light Work/Nest Best Thing * Many Ants Make Light Work - Nick and Sally are trying to put up a tent in their backyard but it's not working! Nick is pulling when Sally is pushing and it's just making a giant heap! Good thing the Cat knows a million trillion friends who are experts at teamwork! He whisks the kids off to visit an ant colony where Nick and Sally learn that you can do anything when you work together!
* Nest Best Thing - Nick and Sally have found some bird eggs in their backyard, but their nest is destroyed. Where are they going to keep them? The Cat in the Hat brings them to an expert nest builder, Mrs. Robin, who shows the children how to build a nest especially for those robin eggs. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#116H] Be A Vegetable Taster!/Daniel Tries A New Food Be a Vegetable Taster! - Teacher Harriet introduces Daniel and his friends to the school's vegetable garden and convinces them to pick out some healthy veggies for their snack. They explore the garden, picking and trying different vegetables...with mixed results! Daniel Tries a New Food - Miss Elaina is having dinner with the Tiger family and she encourages Daniel to try some new food: Veggie Spaghetti and Banana Swirl. Daniel is convinced he won't like Veggie Spaghettit, even though he's never tried it before. Miss Elaina encourages him to be adventurous and try the new food. She does the same herself, and even though she doesn't like all of it, she's proud of herself for trying. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#315] Caillou Outdoors! * Shoo, Shoo Bird, Fly Away - When birds keep eating the seeds in Mommy and Caillou's newly planted garden, they come up with the idea of making a scarecrow. It's fun picking out the clothes and drawing pictures for the face too. Caillou even imagines he's a scarecrow himself! When they are finished their scarecrow Rosie's noisy pie plates prove to be the final ingredient needed to scare away the birds!
* Caillou's Road Trip - One fine day the family is going on a car trip. Daddy says he doesn't know where they're going, they'll just see what they can find. Caillou thinks this is very strange and isn't sure it will be any fun at all. After playing a car game, they stop at a gas station for lunch and Caillou sees a really big truck. Then they ride on a ferry boat, and the captain lets Caillou blow the horn. Caillou decides that car trips are even more fun when you don't know where you're going!
* Caillou and the Dragon - There's a special visitor at Caillou's playschool - a boy named Alan who has Down's Syndrome. Caillou helps him with the things he has trouble with, like climbing and swinging on the swings. Then, when Caillou and his friends put on a little play Alan brings the house down as a very believable dragon. Caillou realizes that Alan has his own special talent - acting! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#701H] Monkey Down Under/Bright Lights, Little Monkey * Monkey Down Under - G'Day Mate! George and The Man with the Yellow Hat visit the land down under for an Australian outback safari adventure! While the Man goes sightseeing for sea cows, George stays behind to investigate footprints in the sand. Could it be a mysterious hopping clown rabbit? Or perhaps...a baby kangaroo!
* Bright Lights, Little Monkey - George, Allie, and Bill go on a late-night search for a mysterious creature - the Perseids. But taking pictures in the dark is hard enough without making noise to scare away their camera-shy guests. They'll need a new way to communicate...in a flash! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#104H] A Plan for Sand/Whale Music * A Plan for Sand - Nick and Sally are playing in their sandbox, but there's not enough room for them to build their castles. The Cat arrives to take them to the biggest sandbox they'll ever see! In the desert, they meet Carmela the Camel who teaches them about how camels are adapted to live in the dry, sandy climate.
* Whale Music - Nick and Sally have made a song to sing to their moms, but they can't get the ending quite right. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best singing teacher in the world, Humphrey the Humpback Whale! While bobbing in the ocean, Humphrey teaches the kids that whales communicate by singing, and that it's not how you sing that matters, but what you're saying in the song. The kids return home to delight their mothers with their song! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#111Z] Little Miss Muffet Poor Red wants nothing more than to play with Little Boy Blue, but he keeps running away! The Super Readers venture into the tale of Miss Muffet and meet a spider who is frightening his friend right off her tuffet! The Super Readers help Spider find a better way to approach Miss Muffet, and everyone learns that curds and whey taste better when shared with someone special. Educational Objectives: To learn how to treat a friend, follow the alphabet, practice spelling and use the power to read to change the story.