TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Monday, December 3, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amAustin City Limits [#3705H] The Steve Miller Band/Preservation Hall Jazz Band ACL presents great American music with the Steve Miller Band and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Miller performs classic blues tunes as well as his hits. The PHJB presents classic New Orleans jazz with special guests the Del McCoury Band and Jim James of My Morning Jacket. duration 56:46 SRND51 TVPG
1:00 amGreat Performances [#3613(] Phantom of the Opera at Royal Albert Hall In celebration of its blockbuster 25th anniversary year, Andrew Lloyd Webber and producer Cameron Mackintosh presented The Phantom of the Opera in a fully-staged, lavish production, set in the sumptuous Victorian splendor of London's Royal Albert Hall. Starring Ramin Karimloo as The Phantom, Sierra Boggess as his protege Christine Daae, and Hadley Fraser as Raoul, Vicomte de Chagny, the romantic trio is backed by a complete cast and orchestra of more than 200, as well as surprise special guest appearances. Regarded by many as Lloyd Webber's masterpiece, The Phantom of the Opera first opened in 1986 at Her Majesty's Theatre, and is based on the French novel Le Fantome de l'Opera. Worldwide the show has grossed over $5.6 billion, with box office revenues higher than any film or stage play in history, including Titanic, ET and Star Wars. It has been produced in 145 cities in 27 countries and played to more than 130 million people. The show has won more than 50 major theatre awards, including seven Tonys and three Olivier Awards in the West End. It is currently showing in London, New York, Budapest, Las Vegas, and Kyoto. In 2006, it became Broadway's longest running show ever. duration 3:29:41 SRND51 TVPG
4:30 amDownton Abbey Revisited In this riveting special, savor great moments from the series' first two seasons, along with cast interviews, rare behind-the-scenes footage and a sneak peek at what's in store for the Crawleys as they enter the Roaring Twenties. What will become of Bates? What new mischief will villainous footman Thomas and scheming lady's maid O'Brien instigate? Will wedding bells finally ring? And how will the formidable Dowager Countess (Dame Maggie Smith) handle the arrival of Lady Grantham's American mother (Shirley MacLaine)? duration 51:23 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#203H] Times Raggs keeps getting his times of the day all muddled, so the other pups have to find a way to help him keep better track of time.
Max feels an invention coming on! B. It's the Puppy Preschool Science Show and B. Max needs to take something that tells the time to the show, something other than a clock or a watch. Pido discovers there are lots of other things in their house that tell time - even in the kitchen. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#205H] Meet The Beetles/Tongue Tied * Meet the Beetles - Nick and Sally must protect their cookie jar from cookie snatchers! But how? Well by meeting three of the Cat's beetle friends, that's how! Stan the Giant Stag beetle shows them how to look scary, while Cliff the Click beetle teaches them to make a noise them jump! And Bobbi the Bombardier beetle has a stinky surprise for those that try to sneak up on her. Now Nick and Sally can keep their cookies safe!
* Tongue Tied - Mmm, there's nothing better than a blueberry popsicle, even though it makes your tongue blue! Speaking of tongues, the Cat has some friends with marvelous tongues! The kids meet Treetop Tom and see how his tough tongue can pick food off of thorny branches. Then Snifty the boa snake shows them how she uses her tongue to smell.And by using Cat's "Not-So-Fast-Glasses", they can see Colin the chameleon's lightening fast tongue get him his food. Nick and Sally realize that their tongues are pretty useful too.. for asking for another popsicle! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#105H] Prince Wednesday Finds A Way To Play/Finding A Way To Play On Backwards Day Prince Wednesday Finds a Way to Play - Daniel and Katerina Kittycat are playing "house" today at school. Prince Wednesday wants to play too, but he wants to be a loud dinosaur. Katerina tells him that loud dinosaurs are not allowed! Luckily, they find a way to play together with Prince Wednesday as a quiet, friendly dinosaur. Finding a Way to Play on Backwards Day - Daniel and O the Owl are at Miss Elaina's house and she has planned a backwards play date. O isn't so sure about all of the backwards things and prefers to play forwards. The friends learn to compromise so everyone can play together. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#311] Caillou The Bookworm * Caillou the Librarian - Caillou is excited about showing Rosie the ropes when they visit the library. During storytime Caillou imagines he's in the story, riding on a dolphin. Later he and Rosie argue over a book and accidentally tear it. He doesn't want to tell the librarian, but finally musters up the courage to do so. The librarian turns out to be very nice and he helps her fix the book. And Rosie gets her very own library card!
* Caillou the Bookworm - Returning home from the library Caillou is very eager to sit down and enjoy his pirate book. Unfortunately it's a very busy day and he's having trouble finding a quiet place to look at his book. Caillou finally finds the perfect place - in his closet! By the light of his flashlight he finally gets to enjoy his book and pretends he's the pirate in the story digging up a buried treasure.
* Caillou the Storyteller - It's a rainy day at playschool and the children can't go outside. Caillou makes up a funny story about a superhero who makes the rain stop - it's Super Caillou! He tells the story to Jeffrey and Jason, and Miss Martin suggests he make his own storybook. She writes the story down and Caillou draws the pictures. By the time Mommy comes to pick him up, Caillou has his very own book to show her! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#701H] Monkey Down Under/Bright Lights, Little Monkey * Monkey Down Under - G'Day Mate! George and The Man with the Yellow Hat visit the land down under for an Australian outback safari adventure! While the Man goes sightseeing for sea cows, George stays behind to investigate footprints in the sand. Could it be a mysterious hopping clown rabbit? Or perhaps...a baby kangaroo!
* Bright Lights, Little Monkey - George, Allie, and Bill go on a late-night search for a mysterious creature - the Perseids. But taking pictures in the dark is hard enough without making noise to scare away their camera-shy guests. They'll need a new way to communicate...in a flash! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#101] Show Me The Honey/Migration Vacation * Show Me the Honey - Sally and Nick have run out of honey! Luckily the Cat knows just where to go to get more. They visit Queen Priscilla Buzzoo who invites them to join in the bee dance to learn how to make honey.
* Migration Vacation - The purple martin swallow that lives in Sally's backyard has gone missing! The Cat, with the help of a variety of forest creatures, help Nick and Sally track down the bird, and learn how and why birds migrate. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#108] Rapunzel Princess Pea's kitten is stuck in the top of a tree! The Super Readers jump into a book and meet Rapunzel, who is also stranded high up in her tower. When climbing Rapunzel's hair proves to be (ouch!) a hair-raising idea, the Prince works together with the Super Readers to come up with a brand new rescue plan! Princess Pea discovers the value of a helping hand. Educational Objectives: To learn you can accomplish a lot more with the help of your friends! The alphabet is uncovered, and young viewers practice the magic of spelling as well as use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#112H] One Small Dinosaur/T. Rex Migration * One Small Dinosaur - Mrs. Pteranodon takes Buddy and Tiny to visit a Mikey Microraptor, one of the smallest of dinosaurs ever. Tiny is annoyed that Mikey is even smaller than she is, but Mikey looks up to Tiny as a role model.
* T. rex Migration - Buddy and Tiny go to visit their friend Annie Tyrannosaurus and discover she isn't home, so they follow clues and find her on a migration with her family. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#222] Food for Thought/Friends 4ever * Food For Thought: Clifford and his friends are influenced by advertisements for a new dog food.
* Friends 4ever: When T- Bone learns his old best buddy Burger is coming for a visit, he tells Clifford and Cleo about the time when he was a puppy, and thought he'd never be able to have another friend as good Burger.