TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, November 30, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18244H] (original broadcast date: 11/29/12)
an hour with Lakhdar Brahimi, the United Nations special envoy to Syria. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#31369Z] "Disappointed" is how the top Republican on Capitol Hill described the pace of progress on avoiding the fiscal cliff. NBR's Susie Gharib speaks with North Dakota Senator Kent Conrad. With no deal on the fiscal cliff, dividends will be taxed like regular income meaning they could go up to over 40% for high income households. NBR's Tom Hudson speaks with Heico CEO Larry Mendelson on why his company announced a special dividend this week. And, the glitter of silver... it's up more than 20% this year. NBR's Erika Miller goes digging for the outlook on precious metals for the year ahead. duration 24:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amMotown: Big Hits and More (My Music) TJ Lubinsky and the My Music team have spent the last year in the Motown vaults assembling a new CD set of original Motown classics from 1958 to 1968. This PBS exclusive collection features many first time extended stereo mixes of Motown's biggest hits, b-sides, album cuts and radio classics from The Temptations, The Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes, The Miracles, Martha & The Vandellas and more. duration 1:57:59 STEREO TVG
4:00 amBritish Beat (My Music) This special travels on location to London and around the UK to the place where the British Beat was born. It features rare archival full-length performance films mixed with new live performances recorded throughout the UK, including introductions and performances from various legendary clubs and hot performance spots that inspired the Mersey Beat. duration 1:57:40 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#202H] Keeping Clean All the dogs love bath time, well, all the dogs except Pido - he thinks baths are boring. The rest of the dogs work together to show Pido all the fun things you can do to have a great bath that is not boring.
Shake your Tails, the clubhouse is a mess and Trilby tries to rally the dogs to help clean up. All the dogs seem to have other plans and don't have time to clean the house, but when they return the clubhouse is now magically all clean. Is it possible that Dumpster cleaned the clubhouse? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#206H] Manatees and Mermaids/The Last Chocolate * Manatees and Mermaids - Sally and Nick are pretending to swim, but why not go for a real swim asks the Cat! Off to the Glippydrippy Gulf to meet Matilda the Manatee and her son Marlin. Matilda and Marlon teach their guests how to swim slowly and gracefully. Until they hear the sound of a boat motor! Those can be dangerous for manatees, but luckily the Cat, Nick and Sally help their new friends to stay safe. And when they get back home, Nick and Sally will be sure to tell everyone to "Slow down for manatees!"
* The Last Chocolate - Only two chocolates left in the whole box, what a great present for Nick and Sally's Moms. That is until The Cat excitedly eats them! Oh no! How are they going to find more chocolate to give to their moms? Why a trip to visit Princess Lottachoca in the Cocoalicious Forest will help them! There, the Princess teaches Nick and Sally the chocolate-making song and they help to pick the beans, roast them, and to heat the juice and add sugar. And then, pouring the hot liquid into moulds of any shape. Now that the chocolate has cooled, it's time to go home and surprise their moms! Educational Objective: The process of how chocolate is made from the humble cocoa bean - by picking the beans, drying them, roasting them and then crushing them to get the juice, then adding sugar while you heat it, pour it into a mould and cool it. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#115H] The Class Votes/The Neighborhood Votes The Class Votes - At school, Daniel and his classmates get to choose their new class pet! Teacher Harriet explains that they can either get a bunny or a turtle. The kids learn what it means to 'vote' and that sometimes it doesn't always turn out your way. Luckily, ALL of the kids find something to love about their new pet, 'Snowball'! The Neighborhood Votes - The Tiger family is going to Clock Factory Park today to hear a big announcement from King Friday. Daniel has to make several choices throughout the day, culminating in one BIG group decision: King Friday announces that the kids can choose one new piece of playground equipment and everyone gets to speak up for what they want by voting! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#310] Caillou The Scientist * Magnet Madness - Caillou is playing with the fridge magnets and learns lots of things about them. About what they stick to and what they don't stick to - like Gilbert! He even imagines himself as a human magnet superhero. In the end Caillou is able to apply what he's learned and uses a magnet to help Daddy retrieve a metal peg from behind the workbench.
* Caillou the Dinosaur Hunter - The whole family goes on a trip to the natural history museum to look at the dinosaurs. Caillou is really enjoying himself looking at the skeletons and learning about the different kinds of dinosaurs. When he momentarily loses the others he knows enough to stay put until Mommy comes back and finds him. And when he realizes he's left Rexy somewhere he learns about the lost and found, and retraces his steps until he finds his dinosaur friend.
* Caillou the Astronaut - Caillou wants to play with both his friends Clementine and Xavier in the playschool playground. Unfortunately Clementine wants to play bears and Xavier wants to play astronauts, and a little argument ensues. At story time Miss Martin tells them more about spaceships and astronauts and Caillou imagines he's zooming around the galaxy exploring stars and planets. Back outside Caillou makes up a new astronaut and bear game so everyone can play together. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#304] Mulch Ado About Nothing/What Goes Up * Mulch Ado About Nothing - The secret to Bill's amazing garden is the compost he uses to feed his plants. George tries to make his own compost, but soon discovers that he's made a stinky mess! The Renkins teach George that proper compost consists of dirt, water, and air with only certain foods (no meat or dairy). In the city, George sees that the plants in the apartment need food. George prepares a hearty "meal" in the living room...using all the containers he can find. When the Man with the Yellow Hat wakes up to a strange odor, he follows his nose to the compost! The neighbors are delighted that George made enough for all the plants in the building.
* What Goes Up - It's "Reuse Your Junk Day" and George and the Man with the Yellow Hat have one last pickup before they go to the lake. But when they arrive at Renkins' Farm, they find a mountain of junk piled in the Renkins' living room. There's no way they'll finish the job before the suns goes down, which means no lake for George. While the Man is taking a load to the collection center, George discovers that he can use the ironing board as a lever to launch the junk out of the living room and onto the front yard. Soon, all the pigs, chickens, and squirrels are ducking for cover! George's ingenious invention got all the junk outside, but it's scattered everywhere! Did this little monkey cause more work for himself? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#140H] Seasons - Spring and Summer/Seasons - Fall and Winter * Seasons - Spring and Summer - For Show and Tell at school, Nick and Sally must bring something from their favourite season. But how can they choose which is their favourite? The Cat in the Hat takes them to the magical Garden of Seasons, where they can visit any season they like, any time they like! They meet three young animals and journey with them as they begin to grow up. Sally decides that she has two favourite seasons, and with the pictures taken from the Snaparama camera, she now has a scrapbook of pictures to show why! < br />* Seasons - Fall and Winter - It's Nick's turn to choose a favourite season. Back to the Garden of Seasons to visit Fall and Winter! In Fall, they meet up with their friends from Spring and Summer to have a going away party for Candy the goose who's about to fly south. In Winter, they have a great time playing with Sam the hare while all his other friends hibernate. Nick can't decide on just one season, so he makes a picture of all the fun they had in both seasons! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#107] The Boy Who Cried Wolf Baby Joy said her first words, and Whyatt was the only one around to hear her! The only problem is...no one believes him! This is just like the Boy Who Cried Wolf - no one will believe he has a friend named Wolf! The Super Readers fly into his story and help the boy convince the townspeople there's more to his tale than meets the eye. Will Whyatt's family come around, too? Educational Objectives: To learn about getting others to believe you, build with the alphabet and celebrate spelling! The power to read is used to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#111H] Derek The Deinonychus/Don's Dragonfly * Derek the Deinonychus - Buddy, Tiny and Mom visit a family of Deinonychus, dinosaurs with large, sharp toe-claws. They meet a kid named Derek who uses his toe-claws to not only hunt with but to carve great art!
* Don's Dragonfly - Don makes a new friend with red feet, a dragonfly named Howard. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#221] Led Astray/Wedding Bell Blues * Led Astray: Clifford's new friend Artie is up to no good - and he talks Clifford into joining him. He "borrows" Cleo's favorite toy and helps digs a big hole. Clifford soon realizes that being friends with Artie isn't worth getting in trouble.
* Wedding Bell Blues: The children's teacher, Miss Carrington, is getting married and leaving the school. The kids imagine what their new, "interesting" teacher Mrs. Grumbly will be like.