TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Thursday, November 29, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18243H] (original broadcast date: 11/28/12)
* a conversation with Marion Cotillard about her new film "Rust and Bone."
* Andrew Solomon on his book "Far From the Tree: Parents, Children and the Search for Identity."
* a discussion about prison reform with Patricia Williams, law professor at Columbia University; Michelle Alexander, author of "The New Jim Crow" and Eugene Jarecki, filmmaker behind the documentary "The House I Live In." duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#31368Z] duration 24:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amDownton Abbey Revisited In this riveting special, savor great moments from the series' first two seasons, along with cast interviews, rare behind-the-scenes footage and a sneak peek at what's in store for the Crawleys as they enter the Roaring Twenties. What will become of Bates? What new mischief will villainous footman Thomas and scheming lady's maid O'Brien instigate? Will wedding bells finally ring? And how will the formidable Dowager Countess (Dame Maggie Smith) handle the arrival of Lady Grantham's American mother (Shirley MacLaine)? duration 51:23 STEREO TVG
3:00 amNature [#3003H] Animal Odd Couples A tiger cub with no mother in sight. A baby hippo. An abandoned meerkat pup. Without nurturing, these infants face certain death. Enter stories of the most unlikely cross-species relationships imaginable: a chimp bottle-feeding a tiger cub; a giant tortoise snuggling a baby hippo; a black crow parenting a meerkat. Aberrations of nature? Instincts gone awry? Does this kind of bonding form only when animals are removed from their natural environments? Or are they evidence of a broad array of emotions among animals? This film will look at these remarkable relationships firsthand, and through caregivers, biologists and animal behaviorists, explore what they suggest about the nature of animal emotions. duration 56:46 SRND51 TVG (Secondary audio: DVI)
4:30 amSuper Brain with Dr. Rudy Tanzi This program explores new discoveries in neuroscience that maximize the potential of the human brain in practical and actionable ways. The field of neuroscience has been exploding with new findings by the day. Ever since it became possible to view the human brain as it lights up with activity, researchers have had to change long-held assumptions about an organ that has been called "the three-pound universe." Dr. Rudy Tanzi is introduced by his co-author Dr. Deepak Chopra. In his new program, the Harvard Medical School professor takes advantage of cutting-edge research to show the way we all can maximize our brain's potential. duration 1:28:42 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#201H] Working Together & Cooperation The dogs are so excited about their new CD and so proud that they all worked together to do it. They decide to celebrate by baking a special bone cake - together. Raggs soon discovers that he needs to learn from the other dogs how to work together when baking a cake because trying to do it on your own can be disastrous.
Razzles wants to be in the doggy cart races this year and drive super-fast, but she needs help building her cart. After the dogs work together to build a great cart, Razzles discovers what happens when she tries to put on some finishing touches by herself. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#205H] Meet The Beetles/Tongue Tied * Meet the Beetles - Nick and Sally must protect their cookie jar from cookie snatchers! But how? Well by meeting three of the Cat's beetle friends, that's how! Stan the Giant Stag beetle shows them how to look scary, while Cliff the Click beetle teaches them to make a noise them jump! And Bobbi the Bombardier beetle has a stinky surprise for those that try to sneak up on her. Now Nick and Sally can keep their cookies safe!
* Tongue Tied - Mmm, there's nothing better than a blueberry popsicle, even though it makes your tongue blue! Speaking of tongues, the Cat has some friends with marvelous tongues! The kids meet Treetop Tom and see how his tough tongue can pick food off of thorny branches. Then Snifty the boa snake shows them how she uses her tongue to smell.And by using Cat's "Not-So-Fast-Glasses", they can see Colin the chameleon's lightening fast tongue get him his food. Nick and Sally realize that their tongues are pretty useful too.. for asking for another popsicle! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#104H] Daniel Gets Mad/Katerina Gets Mad Daniel Gets Mad - Daniel Tiger and Prince Wednesday are looking forward to playing at the beach. Then it starts to rain and Mom Tiger says they can't go outside, which makes them very mad. After Mom Tiger helps the boys deal with their mad feelings and they're calm, they come up with a grr-ific plan to make a beach - indoors! Katerina Gets Mad - It's New Instrument Day at Music Man Stan's Music Shop. Everyone is excited, but Katerina Kittycat gets mad when someone else picks the instrument she wants to play. Music Man Stan helps guide Katerina through her mad feelings by teaching everyone how to dance, stomp and sing their mad feelings away. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#309] Caillou The Explorer * Caillou of the Antarctic - Caillou is playing with Jeffrey and Jason when he gets accidentally pushed down. He is a little upset about it until he realizes it was an accident. Since it's so hot out Daddy treats them to ice cream and Caillou imagines he's down at the cool cool south pole playing with the penguins!
* Deep Sea Caillou - There's a new girl named Lee Wun in playschool, but she's so shy she won't talk to anybody. Miss Martin brings in a fish tank to show the class. After imagining he's a tiny deep sea diver swimming in the fishtank, Caillou discovers that Lee Wun knows a lot about fish! Encouraged to tell the others what she knows, Lee Wun is able to start making new friends.
* Caillou in the Bayou - The whole family is on the way to the beach but accidentally end up on a trail through a swamp. Caillou is disappointed, he doesn't think a swamp could be very interesting, until he takes a closer look at the creatures who live there. He imagines he's in the Bayou searching for alligators. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#307] George Digs Worms/Everything Old Is New Again * George Digs Worms - Why is Bill yelling at a mound of dirt? He's worm racing! George turns to a pile of decomposed leaves to find his own prize worm and challenges Bill's "Fast Freddy" to a race. Pretty soon, the entire countryside catches worm-racing fever and watch as George's worm, named "Ooh Ooh Ahh Ahh," races its way to the championship. But when Mr. Quint takes the wrong lunchbox on his fishing trip, George's worm farm is in danger of becoming fish bait! Can George save his slimy friends in time for the championship race?
* Everything Old is New Again - The city is awarding the "Golden Arrows Award" to the building that collects the most recycling. George is eager to help-once he learns what recycling actually is, of course. The building's Doorwoman next door turns out to be tough competition, so George hunts down recycling materials from everywhere he can think of. The only problem is, he doesn't know that he only recycle products after they've been used! Will the tenants with the missing recyclables forgive a monkey who's not just trying to win a contest, but also save the environment? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#206H] Manatees and Mermaids/The Last Chocolate * Manatees and Mermaids - Sally and Nick are pretending to swim, but why not go for a real swim asks the Cat! Off to the Glippydrippy Gulf to meet Matilda the Manatee and her son Marlin. Matilda and Marlon teach their guests how to swim slowly and gracefully. Until they hear the sound of a boat motor! Those can be dangerous for manatees, but luckily the Cat, Nick and Sally help their new friends to stay safe. And when they get back home, Nick and Sally will be sure to tell everyone to "Slow down for manatees!"
* The Last Chocolate - Only two chocolates left in the whole box, what a great present for Nick and Sally's Moms. That is until The Cat excitedly eats them! Oh no! How are they going to find more chocolate to give to their moms? Why a trip to visit Princess Lottachoca in the Cocoalicious Forest will help them! There, the Princess teaches Nick and Sally the chocolate-making song and they help to pick the beans, roast them, and to heat the juice and add sugar. And then, pouring the hot liquid into moulds of any shape. Now that the chocolate has cooled, it's time to go home and surprise their moms! Educational Objective: The process of how chocolate is made from the humble cocoa bean - by picking the beans, drying them, roasting them and then crushing them to get the juice, then adding sugar while you heat it, pour it into a mould and cool it. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#106Z] Goldilocks and the Three Bears Whyatt accidentally messes up Jack's room and is in BIG trouble with his big brother! The Super Readers pay a storybook visit to Goldilocks and the Three Bears and find Goldilocks surrounded by three broken chairs, three bowls of porridge and three times the mess! How will they solve this problem before the bears get home? Educational Objectives: To learn about clean-up. The episode investigates the alphabet and rhyming AIRS words. The Super Readers use the power to read to change the story.