TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
KQED 9: Friday, November 2, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18224H] (original broadcast date: 11/01/12)
* a look at the impact of Hurricane Sandy with Bryan Walsh of Time Magazine, Paul Barrett of Bloomberg Businessweek, and Steve Coll of the New Yorker.
* We continue with Dr. Jonathan LaPook, medical correspondent for CBS News who witnessed the evacuation of 200 patients from NYU Langone Medical Center when generators failed.
* We conclude with Alejandro Poire Romero, Secretary of the Interior in the cabinet of Felipe Calderon. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#31349Z] duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amCheck, Please! Bay Area [#712H] Roti Indian, Chop Bar & Park Tavern Roti Indian Bistro, Chop Bar and Park Tavern are the eateries selected by local diners. Will the three guests agree on their Bay Area favorites? duration 26:47 STEREO TVG
2:00 am60s Pop, Rock & Soul (My Music) Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits and Davy Jones of The Monkees host this concert spectacular featuring hits and favorites of the AM radio era. Classic songs from the decade of peace, love, and profound social change are sung by performers who represent a period of time that resonates through the generations. Includes Paul Revere & The Raiders ("Kicks"), Gary Lewis & The Playboys ("This Diamond Ring"), The Kingsmen ("Louie, Louie"), The Ventures ("Hawaii Five-O"), Question Mark & The Mysterians ("96 Tears"), and Jefferson Airplane ("Somebody to Love"). duration 1:58:20 STEREO TVG
4:00 amBest of Soul Train, The This special celebrates more than 35 years of iconic performances from soul superstars and highlights classic musical and dance moments from the series. Featured songs include: "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Aretha Franklin), "Dance to the Music" (Sly and the Family Stone), "I Want You Back" (The Jackson Five), "Let's Get It On" (Marvin Gaye), and a medley of hits by Stevie Wonder. duration 59:04 STEREO TVG
5:30 amImageMakers [#906H] Living In Dangerous Times HAPPY SUSHI - USA
Don't you just hate when sit down at a table with uneven legs? It's even more of a pain when this happens at a restaurant. If that's not bad enough, the sushi chef and the waiter are having a heated argument in front of the customers. Oh well, so much for an enjoyable dinning experience. In times like this, our protagonist learns it's best to keep a low profile. Directed and edited by Andy Green. Principal cast: Paul Adelstein, Mirrah Foulkes, Hidetoshi Imura and Ken'ichi Iwabuchi.
CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE - New Zealand
A barefoot boy tries his hand at chopping firewood with his father's razor sharp axe. The axe is so heavy he decides to balance himself by resting one foot on the chopping block. Did we mention he's barefoot? Kids (and adults)...don't try this at home. Written and directed by Jason Stutter. Principal cast: Cameron Stevens.
THE ONE LAST TIME - USA
A bank in downtown Los Angeles. The last customers of the day are finishing up their business. What they don't know is that two different groups of robbers have decided to rob the same bank, on the same day and at the same time. Now throw in the cast from Wizard of Oz, a bunch of super heroes and a lot of guns. Just when you think it can't get any weirder, it does. This isn't going to be pretty. Written, produced and directed by Scott Weintrob. Principal cast: Glenn Ratcliffe, Tony Okungbowa, Sam Ireifej, Patrick Prentiss and Lenore Thomas.
PARK - France
Welcome to a big park in a city, not like any other in cities around the world, where people come to enjoy their day. But on this day, four strangers are going to find their lives forever entwined in this heart-pounding tale of chance, mistaken perceptions and unforeseen consequences. Directed by Thierry Espasa. Principal cast: Laurent Bariohay, Yohann Oisiou, Peggy Korum, Gerard Bontoux, David Chenaud and Pablo Perez. duration 27:01 STEREO TVPGV-L
6:00 amRaggs [#142H] Forest During Funky Forest Friday, the dogs help Pido tell the story of Little Red Riding Pup. When Trilby wants to go camping, the dogs pretend their garden is a forest for camping. Together, they figure out all the things they would need to bring for a successful camping trip. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#129H] Digging The Deep/Puddle Puzzle * Digging The Deep - Nick and Sally are exploring how deep they can dig in the sandbox. The Cat arrives to whisk them away to the deepest place he knows - the bottom of the Swirly Whirly Ocean! They meet up with Aurilia the Angler fish who guides them to the very bottom of the ocean floor. Now that they've gone as deep as deep can be, it's off to find the next adventure!
* Puddle Puzzle - Nick and Sally are excited to jump in the giant puddle in their backyard - but it's gone! Where did it go? With the help of Cat's Seussian camera, they see that the puddle has turned into water vapour. Off they go to the Bluey Blue Sky to follow their puddle. They discover that the water vapour rises high into the sky, then cools off and falls as rain. They go back home and are delighted to see that their puddle is back. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#115H] The Class Votes/The Neighborhood Votes The Class Votes - At school, Daniel and his classmates get to choose their new class pet! Teacher Harriet explains that they can either get a bunny or a turtle. The kids learn what it means to 'vote' and that sometimes it doesn't always turn out your way. Luckily, ALL of the kids find something to love about their new pet, 'Snowball'! The Neighborhood Votes - The Tiger family is going to Clock Factory Park today to hear a big announcement from King Friday. Daniel has to make several choices throughout the day, culminating in one BIG group decision: King Friday announces that the kids can choose one new piece of playground equipment and everyone gets to speak up for what they want by voting! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#426] Fall Is in the Air Autumn brings fresh cool air and fun surprises. Caillou and Rosie have a ball playing in the piles of fallen leaves in the backyard. Come October, Caillou and Dad make a jack-o-lantern, Grandma bakes her grandkids a pumpkin pie, and Caillou goes trick-or-treating as an astronaut. In November, Thanksgiving seems like a big hassle until Mom and Dad explain its significance, which gets Caillou into the spirit. Caillou can't wait until he is old enough to go to school. Since Sarah has no brother or sister, she invites Caillou to a little brother or sister day at school. The school is big and Caillou is a little afraid. But with Sarah's help Caillou has a lot of fun, he even draws on the blackboard. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#604H] George and the Giant Thumb/Shutter Monkey * George and the Giant Thumb - A bored George and Allie decide to make a ginormous sculpture of Bill's sprained thumb. The duo quickly run out of clay and turn to less conventional art supplies. Peanut butter proves too sticky and shaving cream too drippy, so George and Allie use mud to finish their masterpiece. But will Bill give their art a thumbs up?
* Shutter Monkey - Betsy's "Out of Sight Shapes" entry for the photo contest is sure to win first prize--that is until George and Steve accidentally ruin her pictures. With some help from Steve, George runs around town trying to re-shoot the photographs. But finding the hidden shapes in things is hard for a little monkey! Can George snap 4 pictures of 4 shapes by 4:00 - or are Betsy's prize-winning photos out of sight for good? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#130H] Help with Kelp/Treetop Tom * Help With Kelp - It's Fish's birthday and Nick and Sally want to get him a special present, but who can they ask for ideas? Cat's friend Gary the Garibaldi fish might have an idea! Off to the Briny Blue Sea where they meet a variety of creatures in a kelp forest who use the kelp for both food and protection. Back at home they make a picture of the kelp forest for Fish. It's the best present he could ever hope for!
* Treetop Tom - Nick and Sally are playing when their ball gets caught up high in the branches of a tree. Oh how they wish they were tall! Being tall is something Cat's friend Treetop Tom knows all about. They meet the giraffe in the So Sunny Savannah, and with the help of Cat's "tallerizers", Nick and Sally are as tall as Tom! They soon learn that being small has its disadvantages. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#202H] Webby In Bathland Red is practicing her soccer moves and kicking up dirt, when Grandma tells her it's time for lunch. Red gives her hands a quick rinse and gets ready to chow down, but Grandma says her hands aren't clean. The super readers zoom into the story Webby in Bathland and help a brave little penguin save his beloved town from the evil Squirmy Germies who are fighting down and dirty! Red finds out it takes more than water to wash away germs Educational Objectives: To learn about good hygiene. Kids will use the alphabet and identify the letters W, A, T, E, R. Young viewers will practice the magic of spelling, learn what the word lather means, and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#209] Dry Times at Pteranodon Terrace/Big Misty Sea Fishing Contest When the weather has been extremely dry for several weeks, all the water holes at Pteranodon Terrace dry up. The Lambeosaurus family decides to move away in search of water, which upsets the kids. Dad and Mom decide to take the kids to the Big Pond on a camping trip, where they will wait out the drought and return home when it rains again. Don doesn't want to leave his home, even temporarily, and decides to perfect a "rain dance" that will make the rain return. Dad learns that he's been chosen to compete in the big annual Fishing Contest at the Big Misty Sea, and is one of three contestants. The whole family rides there on the Dinosaur Train to cheer Dad on. They learn that the contestants are Dad, the Old Spinosaurus, and Dad's childhood friend and rival, a huge raptor named Marco Megaraptor. The three all end up fighting over Chester, the legendary biggest fish in the Big Misty Sea. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#201] That's Snow Lie/A Friend In Need * That's Snow Lie - Clifford's Big Idea: Believe in Yourself Cleo pretends to hurt her paw so she won't have to embarrass herself on the ice rink
* A Friend In Need - Clifford's Big Idea: Be a Good Friend Jetta insists on taking on a big job without help so she can be a " hero." duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#123] Adopt-A-Pup/Jokes On You * Adopt-a-Pup - Evan, Emily Elizabeth and Clifford all help out at the Adopt-A-Pup booth at the neighborhood street fair. Clifford befriends a teacup poodle named Bon Bon, a tiny dog who is barely bigger than he is, and helps her find a home.
* Jokes On You - It's Wacky Wednesday at school. Emily Elizabeth and her friends are excited to spend the day telling jokes and having fun. Nina, however, goes too far with the day. In the end she realizes that her behavior wasn't respectful of her friends and that there is an appropriate time and place for certain behaviors.