TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18187H] (original broadcast date: 9/11/12)
* Bob Woodward of The Washington Post on his latest book 'The Price of Politics'
* professional tennis player Andy Murray discusses winning the US Open duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#31312Z] Apple is expected to debut its next generation iPhone tomorrow. It may be tech's next big thing, but its influence extends well beyond Apple. New York Correspondent Suzanne Pratt takes a look at the "Apple Economy." From freight to fashion to semiconductors...three bellwethers have warned recently about their financial forecasts. New York Correspondent Erika Miller looks at the potential cracks in corporate profit growth. Over the next few days the Federal Reserve will debate the future of short-term interest rates. Once Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's term expires in January 2014...who will inherit the big chair? Darren Gersh looks at who may lead the bank if there's a change in the White House in November. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amSpark! [#503] Crown Point Press, John Santos, Marga Gomez * Visit the fine print house Crown Point Press and the many famous artists who work there.
* Take a listen as John Santos brings his Latin Jazz orchestra the Machete Ensemble to the stage one last time.
* Get a backstage pass as Marga Gomez launches a one-person show at The Marsh.
* Then meet Manuelito Biag from Shift Physical Theater. duration 28:12 STEREO TVG
2:00 amNova [#3811H] Engineering Ground Zero This program is an epic story of engineering, innovation and the perseverance of the human spirit. With extraordinary access granted by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, "Rebuilding Ground Zero" follows the five-year construction of the Freedom Tower and the World Trade Center Memorial. NOVA captures the behind-the-scenes struggle of architects and engineers with the pressures of a tight schedule, the demands of practical office space and efficient, "green" architecture and the public's expectations of a fitting site for national remembrance. In September 2011, on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, this program will culminate with the topping off ceremony at the Freedom Tower and the opening of the memorial. duration 55:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: DVI)
3:00 amQuest for the Lost Maya This National Geographic special explores archaeological evidence of a previously unknown Mayan society based in the Yucatan Peninsula of southern Mexico. It surveys their dramatic rise to prominence in the "pre-classic era" of the Maya from 800-700 BCE as well as new evidence of the collapse of their civilization in the 800-900s CE. duration 56:46 SRND51 TVPG
4:00 amSecrets of the Dead [#1102] Lost in the Amazon This program is a modern day quest to find the truth behind one of exploration's greatest mysteries: what happened to famed adventurer Col. Percy Fawcett, who went looking for a city of gold -- the Lost City of "Z" -- in the Amazon in 1925 and disappeared in the jungles of Brazil forever? New archaeological digs, the science behind the discovery of "newly found" jungle cities and clues collected over the years reveal the fate of Fawcett. The program unravels the truth of what really happened to Fawcett and shares surprising finds that are causing experts to re-think the image of a pristine uninhabited Amazon rainforest: a place that before Columbus, may have had large populations living in sophisticated towns and cities. Fawcett may have actually discovered these ruins fueling his fervor to find the city of gold. Cutting between stylized dramatic Fawcett recreations, old films and archival photos, interviews with family members of Fawcett, jungle villagers and scientists at ancient Indian archaeological sites -- the truth about Fawcett and new understandings of life in pre-Columbian America emerge. Trekking along the paths that Fawcett followed, the search for clues ends at a Xinguano-Kuikuro village in the heart of the Mato Grosso: where a new archaeological discovery may reveal the true location of the Lost City of Z. duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: none)
5:00 amFrontline [#2707H] My Father, My Brother and Me In 2004, journalist Dave Iverson received the same news that had been delivered to his father and older brother years earlier: He had Parkinson's disease, a degenerative neurological disorder that affects about one million Americans. In this Frontline and ITVS joint production, Iverson sets off on a personal journey to explore the scientific, ethical, and political debate that surrounds Parkinson's, a disease at the center of the ongoing controversy over embryonic stem cell research. Iverson talks to scientists on the cutting edge of new cures and therapies -- not only for Parkinson's, but a number of other major neurological conditions. And he has conversations with fellow Parkinson's sufferers like actor Michael J. Fox and writer Michael Kinsley. duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG-L (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:00 amRaggs [#145H] Friends Trilby's best friend, Polly Possum, is moving away, so the dogs explore ways to keep in touch with a friend. Together they make friendship presents. When B. Max introduces everybody to his imaginary friend, Professor Fluffy, the others decide to use their imagination and pretend they have friends like this, too. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#204H] No Night Today/Fun in the Sun * No Night Today - Nick and Sally want to keep playing, but it's getting dark. Why does nighttime have to come? The Cat knows someone who can answer that question - Astronaut Audrey! With a trip to her International Space Station and a large model of the solar system, the kids learn that it's the earth's spinning near the sun that makes it night or day
* Fun in the Sun - Phew it's hot! Too hot to play outside. Not according to The Cat! His friend Hilda the Hippo knows all about having fun in the sun. A visit to Muddymoo River teaches them that hippos make their very own sunscreen to protect them from the hot sun.Now that they all have their sunscreen on, it's time for some fun in the sun! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#108H] Something Special for Dad/I Love You, Mom Something Special for Dad - Daniel notices how happy Dad is to have received a letter from Grandpere. Daniel really loves Dad, so he decides to send him a letter that will make him glad too. He goes to the Post Office with Mom, where he learns how letters are sorted and mailed. He even joins Mr. McFeely on his "speedy delivery" to give Dad the very special letter! I Love You, Mom - Daniel wants to surprise Mom Tiger with her favorite banana bread because he knows it is one way to say "I love you." Dad and Daniel head to Baker Aker's Bakery, where they learn about the bread-making process. Daniel and Dad Tiger surprise Mom and she happily shares the banana bread gift with them too! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#310] Caillou The Scientist * Magnet Madness - Caillou is playing with the fridge magnets and learns lots of things about them. About what they stick to and what they don't stick to - like Gilbert! He even imagines himself as a human magnet superhero. In the end Caillou is able to apply what he's learned and uses a magnet to help Daddy retrieve a metal peg from behind the workbench.
* Caillou the Dinosaur Hunter - The whole family goes on a trip to the natural history museum to look at the dinosaurs. Caillou is really enjoying himself looking at the skeletons and learning about the different kinds of dinosaurs. When he momentarily loses the others he knows enough to stay put until Mommy comes back and finds him. And when he realizes he's left Rexy somewhere he learns about the lost and found, and retraces his steps until he finds his dinosaur friend.
* Caillou the Astronaut - Caillou wants to play with both his friends Clementine and Xavier in the playschool playground. Unfortunately Clementine wants to play bears and Xavier wants to play astronauts, and a little argument ensues. At story time Miss Martin tells them more about spaceships and astronauts and Caillou imagines he's zooming around the galaxy exploring stars and planets. Back outside Caillou makes up a new astronaut and bear game so everyone can play together. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#122] Curious George Takes A Vacation/Curious George and the One That Got Away * Curious George Takes a Vacation: The Man with the Yellow Hat and George are off to the airport to start their vacation. When they get there, they discover that all the flights are delayed, and there's a long wait ahead. But with sliding doors, moving sidewalks, luggage carousels and beeping carts, George decides that the airport is a great place to spend his whole vacation.
* Curious George and the One That Got Away:George and Mr. Quint discover a fresh water eel in the waters of Lake Wanasink Lake. When Bill finds out, he proposes a contest to see who can catch it first. George has no fishing pole so he makes one from things he finds around the house. He's determined to catch the eel so he can set it free. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#203H] Bounce/Timmy Tippy Toe * Bounce - Nick and Sally are wondering why their ball is so bouncy. Fish tells them it's because it's made from rubber, and rubber comes from trees. Cat doesn't believe him so it's time to ask the expert, Dr. Twiggles! It turns out Fish is right! And Dr. Twiggles shows them all just how rubber is made, and all the wonderful things rubber can make
* Timmy Tippy Toe - Nick and Sally are playing on a climbing frame but just can't manage to get to the top. Cat tries to show them how it's done but he can't do it either! Time to go see Timmy Tippy Toe, the Klipspringer who is an expert climber! Timmy teaches them to use their hands and their feet, and now they can reach the top of their own "mountain"! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#144] The Boy Who Drew Cats Whyatt's big brother Jack is sick, and Whyatt wants to give him a picture to make him feel better. But even though he thinks and thinks, Whyatt still doesn't know what to draw! So the Super Readers soar into the Japanese folktale The Boy Who Drew Cats and encounter a little boy struggling to sketch a picture for the emperor. The Super Readers inspire the boy so much that his drawings take on a life of their own...literally! Educational Objectives: To learn about creativity. Preschoolers will build the alphabet, rhyme with AT words and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#203] Stargazing on the Night Train/Get Into Nature! * The Pteranodon family rides a special 'Night Train" to another part of the Cretaceous Time Period, where they meet a Troodontid "cousin" of the Conductor's, Sidney Sinovenator, who knows more about the stars than anyone. Sidney takes the family up to his favorite stargazing spot, "Starry Hill," and teaches the kids why the stars seem to move across the night sky.
* When the kids build their own version of a nest on the beach, below their actual family nest up on the cliff, they get the idea to turn their beach nest into a clubhouse. Shiny thinks that a clubhouse needs a club, and "the Nature Trackers" club is born! The kids decide to make their club about getting outside, getting into nature, and making new discoveries. The only problem is: which kid is in charge of the club? duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#104] Clifford's Carnival/Clifford's Doggy Reunion * Clifford's Carnival - Everyone, including Clifford, knows to work as a team to put on this year's Fall Carnival. Jetta sees herself as a boss rather than a team player but soon learns the importance of being a team player.
* Clifford's Doggy Reunion - Clifford and Emily are excited - Cousin Laura and her dog Rex are coming to visit! They haven't seen each other since Clifford was a little puppy! When they arrive, Emily and Clifford find Laura and Rex are different than they remember them. They learn that people change and adjustments have to be made. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#125] The Halloween Bandit/An Honest Spin * The Halloween Bandit - When the dessert buffet is raided at the apartment building's annual Halloween party and havoc is wreaked by a small puppy, all the evidence points to Clifford. But the small red puppy is supported by his loyal animal friends and, of course, Emily Elizabeth. Using a bit of detective work, the animals unmask the real culprit - a stray little puppy that sneaked into the party. Ultimately, this hungry little puppy is adopted by a neighborhood family and given a home.
* An Honest Spin - When Clifford accidentally breaks Daffodil's spinning top, he thinks the right thing to do is to tell her, but instead, he follows Norville's advice and goes to great lengths to keep Daffodil from finding out.