TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Channels 9.1 • 54.2, 25.1 | XFINITY 9 and HD 709
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#20126] (original broadcast date: 6/16/14)
* Continued discussion about the crisis in Iraq with Robin Wright and Les Gelb, President Emeritus of the Council on Foreign Relations
* Kai Bird discusses his book: The Good Spy
* Grammy award-winning opera singer Jessye Norman duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#33119] duration 26:46 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amFilm School Shorts [#209H] When We Were Young BLUE BOY (UCLA) Credited with saving a kid's life, a teenage lifeguard decides to act on his romantic obsession with a gorgeous country club wife. Directed by Alex Jablonski
BOMBSHELL (NYU) All Daisy wants to do is be one of the boys, but when she tags along with her brother and his troublesome friends, she realizes where her heart really lies. Written and directed by Erin Sanger. duration 28:59 STEREO TV14
2:00 amAntiques Roadshow [#1825H] Vintage Providence 15 years after its first trip to Providence, Rhode Island, AR looks back to see what some of the most memorable objects are worth today. Some have increased in value, while others haven't fared so well. Highlights include a Maurice Brazil Prendergast color monotype, ca. 1895; a Cartier ruby and diamond compact; and an Edward Farmer jade and gold box first appraised at $80,000-$125,000 and now valued at $ 250,000 to $350,000. duration 55:46 STEREO TVG
3:00 amAntiques Roadshow [#1624H] Vintage Houston In 1998, Dr. Ferid Murad of the UT-Houston Medical School won the Nobel Prize in medicine for his work on the cardio-vascular system, while AR made hearts palpitate with its first visit to H-Town. 14 years later, a 19th-century Chinese jade scepter, originally appraised for $1500 to $2500, has spiked to a radiantly healthy $50, 000 to $80,000, while a 1912 Titanic menu went from a heart-stopping $75,000 to $100,000 to a less pulse-quickening $50,000 to $75,000. duration 56:46 STEREO TVG
4:00 amIndependent Lens [#1326H] We Were Here When AIDS came to San Francisco in the early 1980s, the city became a war zone. Friends and family members were struck down in their prime by a mostly mysterious illness for which there was no cure. But the community -- hippies, drag queens, lesbians, moms and dads, doctors and nurses -- came together when the nation's leaders looked the other way and built an unprecedented system of love, care, and compassion. Their tireless fight is a testament to the capacity of people working together to rise to an unthinkable occasion. duration 1:26:46 STEREO TV14-L (Secondary audio: DVI)
5:30 amImageMakers [#1103H] Starting Over EVEN GODS - Ireland
Recovering alcoholic Hughie has been living in a long-term homeless shelter for as long as he can remember. But when his long forgotten daughter contacts him out of the blue and wants to see him for the first time in 13 years, the long buried wounds of the past come back into sharp, painful focus. A heart-wrenching tale about the power of reconciliation with a tour de force performance by lead actor Lalor Roddy. Written and directed by Phil Harrison. Principal cast: Lalor Roddy, Laura Thompson and Lois Turkington.
JONNY BOY - Ireland
After a lifetime of love, faithfulness and loyalty, Jonny's terminally ill wife confesses a secret that she has kept secret for thirty five years. A secret stash of letters takes Jonny on a journey of discovery of feelings that had long since been denied, but never forgotten. Directed by Laura Way. Principal cast: Jon Polito, Kathleen Tierney, Ronan Wilmot and Irene Wright. duration 25:20 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#113H] The Parade Problem/The Halloween Problem The Parade Problem - Park. Peg and Cat need to sort out recyclables to clean up the park in time for the nursery school's Halloween Parade. Primary Content: Sorting; Secondary Content: Estimating.
The Halloween Problem - Peg's Neighborhood. While trick or treating, Peg and Cat find themselves pursued by a metal monster. Later they teach fair sharing to a "friend" who turns out to be a real tiger! Primary Content: Fair Sharing; Secondary Content: Positional relationships (in front of/behind). duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#101H] Show Me The Honey/Migration Vacation * Show Me the Honey - Sally and Nick have run out of honey! Luckily the Cat knows just where to go to get more. They visit Queen Priscilla Buzzoo who invites them to join in the bee dance to learn how to make honey.
* Migration Vacation - The purple martin swallow that lives in Sally's backyard has gone missing! The Cat, with the help of a variety of forest creatures, help Nick and Sally track down the bird, and learn how and why birds migrate. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#104H] Daniel Gets Mad/Katerina Gets Mad * Daniel Gets Mad - Daniel Tiger and Prince Wednesday are looking forward to playing at the beach. Then it starts to rain and Mom Tiger says they can't go outside, which makes them very mad. After Mom Tiger helps the boys deal with their mad feelings and they're calm, they come up with a grr-ific plan to make a beach - indoors!
* Katerina Gets Mad - It's New Instrument Day at Music Man Stan's Music Shop. Everyone is excited, but Katerina Kittycat gets mad when someone else picks the instrument she wants to play. Music Man Stan helps guide Katerina through her mad feelings by teaching everyone how to dance, stomp and sing their mad feelings away. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amWild Kratts [#117H] Elephant in the Room The brothers come across a lone baby elephant and bring him back to the Tortuga HQ for safety until they can find his mom. But they learn how mischievous baby elephants can be and get more than they bargained for when it almost destroys the Tortuga! As they rush to get the baby elephant home, the WildKratts team realizes that animals have different structures that serve various functions in growth and survival. And an elephant's trunk is like the multipurpose tool of "creature features" with hundreds of uses, including: showering, blasting water, grabbing, lifting, communicating, "hearing", pushing and pulling. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amWild Kratts [#309] Bandito: The Black Footed Ferret Martin impulsively tries out Aviva's new Stone Digger before it is finished and flies out of control and crash lands into a hidden prairie where he is stranded, but encounters a lost colony of black footed ferrets. duration 28:55 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCurious George [#114] Curious George's Rocket Ride/Curious George, Station Master * Curious George's Rocket Ride - The International Space Station's food supply has run out, and George is the only one who has the unique skills needed to fly the rocket and deliver the supplies. But George can't help but be curious about what's in those interesting looking containers. Before you know it, George has quite a mess to clean up before the supplies can be launched. Luckily, George's experience with cleaning his room and his knowledge of how shapes fit together helps him put it away in time to get the astronauts their supplies.
* Curious George, Station Master - George and The Man with the Yellow Hat offer to pick up Bill when his train comes in and when he gets there, Flint Quint, the station master, shows George how he keeps the trains running smoothly and arriving on time. While Flint is eating lunch, George decides he wants to try his hand at being station master and while everything starts off smoothly, pretty soon trains are off schedule, out of order, and very confused. Mr. Quint comes to the rescue, and they put the trains back in the correct number order before they reach the station. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amCurious George [#204] Curious George Gets All Keyed Up/Gutter Monkey * Curious George gets All Keyed Up: Betsy prepares to play the xylophone at a school concert one evening, and George, who has always been mesmerized by Betsy's music, volunteers to deliver the xylophone to Betsy's school while she goes to the beautician that afternoon. Betsy's brother Steve also promises to help, but when he becomes distracted by his videogame, they lose track of time and have to get the xylophone out the door very quickly. So George and Steve take all the keys out in a hurry - and when George gets to the school he realizes that he's forgotten what order they go in! Will George be able to fix the xylophone, or will Betsy's beautiful tunes become suddenly and horribly "out of key"?
* Gutter Monkey: It's bowling night! George cheers on The Man with the Yellow Hat and then tries to get the ball rolling himself. But when George rolls, it's always a gutter ball. Back at home, George polishes the Man's bowling ball before the big tournament and it looks so good he decides to test it out on the curvy front lawn - but all of those ruts and hills can sure ruin a monkey's game! And things don't exactly look up, er, straight, when George takes it inside and discovers that a smooth surface in the dining room can spell trouble for the plates in the china cabinet. Will George be able to get the ball under control and to the bowling alley in time for the Man's competition?