TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#20061] (original broadcast date: 3/17/14)
* Tom Friedman and David Sanger of the New York Times discuss the ongoing crisis in Ukraine
* a look at the play: 'A Doll's House' with Hattie Morahan and Dominic Rowan duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#33054] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, a rally on Wall Street. Investors shrug off the vote in Ukraine over the weekend. But how long will the upswing last? And, will Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen make some big policy changes at her first press conference this week? duration 26:46 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amImageMakers [#1006H] That's Just Love Sneakin' Up On You TABLE 7 - USA
A couple with relationship issues has an intimate conversation in an Asian restaurant, unaware that their every word is secretly being monitored. Directed by Marko Slavnic and Andrew McDonald. Principal cast: Ray Rosales, Stephanie Lozos and Isaac Kim.
CATAPLEXY - USA
Sidney suffers from cataplexy, an unusual medical condition where he becomes literally paralyzed when he is overcome with emotion. Rather than take that chance, he relies on impersonal sexual encounters to meet his physical needs. One night he is embarrassed to discover the call girl at his front door is an old friend from high school. The film was done as part of a competition where the film went from concept to screen in just 72 hours. Directed by John Salcido. Principal cast: Dave Tenenbaum and Michelle Noh.
CROSSWORD - Ireland
Heather is single with very few friends except for the barmaid in the pub she frequents after work everyday. Her favorite pastime is doing crossword puzzles. On the eve of her 40th birthday, she has a strange experience when all the answers to the day's crossword seem to be around her. Is it magic, coincidence or something else? In a crossword -- just like in life -- when lines meet and paths converge it is not a matter of luck, but rather part of a greater plan. The film was directed by Vincent Gallagher. Principle cast: Louise Lewis, Mark O'Shaughnessy, Maire Hastings, Andrew Bennett, and Kevin McDonough. duration 26:30 STEREO TVG
2:00 amAntiques Roadshow [#1609H] Pittsburgh, PA - Hour Three In Pittsburgh, host Mark L. Walberg joins appraiser Arlie Sulka at the Carnegie Museum of Art to explore the striking, vibrantly colored vases, bottles and jars made by glass master Maurice Marinot. Highlights include a collection of correspondence between members of the Kennedy family and JFK's former personal secretary; a circa 1928 Art Deco jade sapphire ring; and a 1946 oil painting by Rockwell Kent, along with an inherited letter from the artist, valued at $150,000 to $250,000. duration 56:16 STEREO TVG
3:00 amHarvey Girls: Opportunity Bound America's tales about taming the Wild West rarely include women. But in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, more than 100,000 pioneering young women left home to work as waitresses in restaurants located on train platforms along the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway. This documentary explores the lives, experiences, and contributions of the women who worked for the Fred Harvey restaurant empire. duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG
4:00 amAntiques Roadshow [#1612H] El Paso, TX - Hour Three Against the backdrop of Indian Cliff Ranch, host Mark L. Walberg and appraiser Bruce Shackelford discuss the styles and construction that distinguish Texas spurs and what collectors of vintage spurs are willing to pay for them. Highlights include a 1775 Revolutionary War canteen; an 1834 last will of historic Alamo fighter Ben Milam, rescued from a basement; and a 1787 Debbe Poor sampler - the oldest sampler on record from Andover, Massachusetts - valued at $40,000. duration 56:46 STEREO TVG
5:00 amIndependent Lens [#1316H] You're Looking at Me Like I Live Here and I Don't This documentary is a first-person account of Lee Gorewitz's life inside the Traditions Alzheimer's & Other Dementia Care Unit at the Reutlinger Community for Jewish Living in Danville, California. A total immersion into the fragmented day-to-day experience of the disease, the film reveals Lee's penetrating ruminations and charismatic vitality, challenging our preconceptions of illness and aging. duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#115H] The Mega Mall Problem/The Cleopatra Problem The Mega Mall Problem - The Mega Mall. Peg and Cat search the enormous Mega Mall for the teens so they can all enter the Zebra Guy dance contest. Primary Content: Attributes of objects; Secondary Content: Maps.
The Cleopatra Problem - Ancient Egypt. When Peg and Cat are playing marbles among the pyramids with Queen Cleopatra, Peg's marble is stolen by a mysterious man with an orange triangular beard. Primary Content: Using a pan balance to compare weight; Secondary Content: Triangles. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#106H] Dress Up Day/Bathtime * Dress Up Day - Nick and Sally are playing dress up, but oh no! Sally's princess dress has torn, and mom doesn't have any silk thread to fix it. Cat takes them to his good friend Mindy, the silk caterpillar. Mindy shows them how she makes silk. Sally uses the silk thread to fix her swirly twirly princess dress!
* Bathtime - Nick and Sally have been playing in the mud, and now they need to get clean! The Cat in the Hat knows some friends who have some very wonderful ways to bathe! In Bana Bana Savanah, they meet three different animals who all keep clean in very different ways. Even though it was fun to try bathing how the animals do, Sally and Nick decide that good old soap and water works best for them! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#114H] Thank You, Grandpere Tiger!/Neighborhood Thank You Day Thank You, Grandpere Tiger! - Grandpere Tiger comes to visit, but is only in town for a short while. Daniel is sad that Grandpere can't come to the special Thank You Day celebration later that day. Daniel learns to be thankful for the time they DO have together, and is then surprised when Grandpere appears at the celebration after all! Neighborhood Thank You Day - The neighborhood celebrates Thank You Day by putting notes in the Thank You Tree. Daniel has trouble deciding what to put in his note. Then, when a gust of wind blows the notes off of the tree, Mr. McFeely saves the day by catching and delivering everybody's thank you notes! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#307] Caillou The Musician * Caillou Plays the Drums - Clementine's big brother Billy has a new drum set and is having lots of fun playing as loud as he can. He won't let Clementine and Caillou play his drums though, because he says they're not grown up enough. The two friends set out to prove him wrong, and once they put on their 'grownup costumes' he finally relents and lets them play. Caillou pretends he's a rock and roll drummer playing a big drum solo!
* Caillou's Marching Band - Caillou and his friends are very excited when a real marching band goes by the playschool. They decide they want to be in a marching band too. The kids find some makeshift instruments in the classroom, and Emma makes them matching band hats. After a shaky start, Caillou leads the others by beating on his drum and they march around the schoolyard like a real marching band.
* Caillou Sings - The playschool is having a talent show and Caillou wants to sing a song, but Clementine beats him to the punch, picking the exact song he wanted to sing. When it turns out she's having trouble remembering all the words, Caillou suggests they work together and the resulting song-and-dance routine is the hit of the show! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#608H] Dj George/Curious George Paints The Desert * DJ George - It's George's lucky day when the Man with the Yellow Hat wins tickets to a Bonnie Smooth concert over the radio. But at the radio station, George's luck turns when he accidentally locks himself into the DJ booth just as Bonnie Smooth herself is scheduled to call in for an interview. Can a DJ teach a monkey how to operate a radio station through a sound proof window in time for the big call? * Curious George Paints the Desert - While visiting the Quints during their desert vacation, George is thrilled when his new Native American friend makes a colorful sand painting of the happy monkey. But a jackrabbit runs through the painting, ruining the work of art and making George not so happy. George decides to make his own painting to replace the ruined one, but when he doesn't have the correct color of sand, he turns to food to help dye it the right color. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#105H] Flower Power/Snowman's Land * Flower Power - Sally's mom has a cold, so Sally wants to pick her some colorful flowers to make her feel better. The Cat in the Hat takes Nick and Sally to the forest of Flora-Fah-Zoom where they meet three different creatures that all depend on flowers to live. Sally decides to make her mother a picture of their adventure in Flora-Fah-Zoom instead of picking a flower that animals need in order to survive.
* Snowman's Land - Sally and Nick have just finished making a statue of the Cat in the Hat out of snow, but he's starting to melt! Good thing Cat knows where to take the melting snowcat: to the cold and snowy north! In the arctic, the kids skate on a frozen lake, make snow sculptures, and learn that water can freeze and melt when it's cold or warm outside. Because it's getting warmer back home, they leave their snowcat sculpture there so they can come back and visit him! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#108H] The Dinosaur Problem/The Beethoven Problem The Dinosaur Problem - Prehistoric Valley. When Peg and Cat get lost riding dinosaurs through a prehistoric forest, they use a diagram to find their way to safety before the Baby T-Rex catches up to them. Primary Content: Following diagrams; Secondary Content: Patterns.
The Beethoven Problem - Vienna, circa 1800. When Peg and Cat are helping their pal Ludwig Van Beethoven write a symphony, Cat laughs in a certain pattern that gives Beethoven a great idea. Primary Content: Patterns; Secondary Content: Ordinal Numbers. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#107H] Now with Feathers!/A Frill A Minute * Now With Feathers! - Dad gives Tiny and Buddy a mystery feather and the kids become "detectives," riding the Dinosaur Train to meet Valerie Velociraptor, who shows our kids what life is like covered with beautiful feathers.
* A Frill a Minute - Our kids help Tank Triceratops overcome his awkwardness having a huge head by showing him how cool and amazing his features are, especially his frill. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#225] Little Big Pup/Getting to Know You * Little Big Pup: A very small new dog named Frankie moves to Birdwell Island and is envious of Clifford's size until he realizes that sometimes being small can be just right.
* Getting To Know You: When Clifford moves to the Island he makes friends with T-Bone, but the two dogs soon learn that some adjustments must be made to accommodate their size difference. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#123] Adopt-A-Pup/Jokes On You * Adopt-a-Pup - Evan, Emily Elizabeth and Clifford all help out at the Adopt-A-Pup booth at the neighborhood street fair. Clifford befriends a teacup poodle named Bon Bon, a tiny dog who is barely bigger than he is, and helps her find a home.
* Jokes On You - It's Wacky Wednesday at school. Emily Elizabeth and her friends are excited to spend the day telling jokes and having fun. Nina, however, goes too far with the day. In the end she realizes that her behavior wasn't respectful of her friends and that there is an appropriate time and place for certain behaviors.