TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, March 14, 2014
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#20059] (original broadcast date: 3/13/14)
* Andy Pasztor of the Wall Street Journal on the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight
* Turki al Faisal, former Saudi Ambassador to the US & UK
* venture capitalist Jon Medved on is his latest project, OurCrowd duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#33052] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, what's behind today's big sell-off on Wall Street and what should investors do next? And, how safe is our utility infrastructure? NBR has details of a new report that shows it won't take much to cause a national blackout. duration 26:46 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amHappy From Academy Award nominated director Roko Belic, this movie takes us on a journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the slums of Kolkata in search of what really makes people happy. Combining real life stories from around the world and powerful interviews with leading scientists in happiness research, it explores the secret behind our most valued emotion. duration 1:28:32 STEREO TVG
3:00 amMasterpiece Mystery! [#4409%] Sherlock, Series III: The Empty Hearse Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) is not dead: this much we know. But how did he survive his leap off the roof of St. Bart's Hospital? There are many theories, but none of them matter to John Watson (Martin Freeman), who is less concerned with how his friend survived than with why his friend didn't let him know he was alive. Sherlock returns to London with an assignment (stop an impending terrorist attack on the city) and a plan (restore the old Sherlock-John partnership). When he finds that his brother Mycroft's warning that John has moved on with his life is true, will Sherlock have to accept a new reality and a new partner? duration 1:30:13 STEREO TV14 (Secondary audio: DVI)
5:00 amMasterpiece Sneak Preview: Mr. Selfridge Season 2 An exciting taste of the new season. Jeremy Piven returns as real-life department store impresario Harry Gordon Selfridge. Five years have passed, it's now 1914, and the many fascinating characters whose lives revolve around Selfridges & Co have moved into a new era. This special contains a brief recap of Season 1 and the first 40 minutes of the season 2 premiere. duration 58:36 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#102H] The Messy Room Problem/The Golden Pyramid Problem The Messy Room Problem - Peg's Room. Peg and Cat sort through the mess in Peg's room just in time for company to come over and see Cat's masterpiece, "The Circles." Primary Content: Sorting; Secondary Content: Shapes.
The Golden Pyramid Problem - Magical Forest. Peg the Bold and Brave Sir Cat, Knights of the Round Table, search far and wide to retrieve the Mermaid's golden pyramids. Primary Content: Solid shapes; Secondary Content: Counting by twos. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#103H] Many Ants Make Light Work/Nest Best Thing * Many Ants Make Light Work - Nick and Sally are trying to put up a tent in their backyard but it's not working! Nick is pulling when Sally is pushing and it's just making a giant heap! Good thing the Cat knows a million trillion friends who are experts at teamwork! He whisks the kids off to visit an ant colony where Nick and Sally learn that you can do anything when you work together!
* Nest Best Thing - Nick and Sally have found some bird eggs in their backyard, but their nest is destroyed. Where are they going to keep them? The Cat in the Hat brings them to an expert nest builder, Mrs. Robin, who shows the children how to build a nest especially for those robin eggs. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#137H] Daniel Gets A Cold/Mom Tiger Is Sick Daniel Gets a Cold: It's Prince Wednesday's birthday party at school! Daniel really doesn't want to miss the party, but he is not feeling very well at all. He learns that when you're sick, rest is best. Mom Tiger is Sick: It's a busy day at Daniel's house and everyone is working on something. Mom Tiger is finishing up invitations for Fruit Picking Day, but...achoo! She's not feeling very well. Dad and Daniel help with the invitations so Mom Tiger can get some much needed rest. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#305] Caillou The Brave * Caillou and the Big Slide - The playschool is going swimming, and it's Caillou's very first time on a water slide, but he's a little nervous and doesn't want to slide down it. Miss Martin tells him it's natural to be afraid of things the first time you try them - why, she was afraid of the swings when she was a little girl. Caillou musters up his courage and, pretending he's a brave mountain climber, he climbs up the ladder and slides down, discovering how fun water slides really are!
* Caillou the Sailor - Mommy and Daddy are going out to a party and Caillou is excited to hear that Grandpa is coming to babysit. When Grandpa arrives he brings a couple of surprises - a book about sailing ships and a real telescope. Caillou learns all about the old ships and how to salute when you say 'Aye aye Captain!' When a thunderstorm starts to rage outside Caillou is a little scared, until he pretends he's a very brave sea captain who's not afraid of storms!
* Creepy Crawlies! - Rosie doesn't like bugs - she thinks they're icky! Caillou on the other hand loves bugs since he learned all about them at playschool. He decides to teach his little sister about all the different kinds of insects in their backyard. Thanks to Caillou's stories and drawings, Rosie soon likes bugs too, almost as much as Caillou does. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#607H] Feeling Antsy/Maple Monkey Madness * Feeling Antsy - George loves starting the day off with a big breakfast, but more food lands on the floor than in his mouth. As George cleans up his mess, he spots an army of ants, something the Man with the Yellow Hat warned his messy monkey about. With some help from his friend Hundley, can a monkey and dog come up with a plan to get rid of the unwelcome houseguests or does George have hundreds of new roommates?
* leaving the Man with the Yellow Hat with a dry stack of flapjacks. George learns that maple syrup comes from trees, so he and Allie team up to replenish the Man's syrup supply. After tapping lots of trees, tasting bitter sap, and turning sap into syrup at the Renkins' sugar shack, George is finally able to bring home syrup for the Man...just in time for dinner! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#104H] A Plan for Sand/Whale Music * A Plan for Sand - Nick and Sally are playing in their sandbox, but there's not enough room for them to build their castles. The Cat arrives to take them to the biggest sandbox they'll ever see! In the desert, they meet Carmela the Camel who teaches them about how camels are adapted to live in the dry, sandy climate.
* Whale Music - Nick and Sally have made a song to sing to their moms, but they can't get the ending quite right. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best singing teacher in the world, Humphrey the Humpback Whale! While bobbing in the ocean, Humphrey teaches the kids that whales communicate by singing, and that it's not how you sing that matters, but what you're saying in the song. The kids return home to delight their mothers with their song! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#106H] The Birthday Cake Problem/The Doohickey Problem The Birthday Cake Problem - Peg's Pizza Place. Peg and Cat make a rockin' birthday cake for Jonah and his friends the Teens, but first they need to figure out how old he is going to be. Primary Content: The teen numbers.
The Doohickey Problem - The Purple Planet. When their space ship is smashed, Peg and Cat must reassemble its variously shaped parts, and retrieve sixteen stolen doohickeys. Primary Content: Patterns; Secondary Content: Shapes, the number 16. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#105H] One Smart Dinosaur/Petey The Peteinosaurus * One Smart Dinosaur - Buddy and Tiny want to test their memory, so they ride the Dinosaur Train and spend some time with the Conductor, since he's a Troodon with a great memory. The kids get to meet the Conductor's mom, Mrs. Conductor.
* Petey The Peteinosaurus - Buddy and Tiny ride the Dinosaur Train to meet Petey Peteinosaurus, a "flying lizard," who is fun, funny, and friendly, and has some features similar to both Buddy and Tiny! duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#223] Tie-Dye Clifford/Stage Struck * Tie-Dye Clifford: When Clifford accidentally gives himself a bath with tie-dye dyes, he ends up looking like a T-shirt from the '60's! Not wanting to upset Emily, he tries to hide the fact. But soon learns that he can tell the truth to Emily because Emily understands that everyone makes mistakes.
* Stage Struck: Mary has always been afraid to perform in front of an audience. But with the help and support of her friend Emily, Mary is able to overcome her stage fright. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#121] Moving On/Fair Is Fair * Moving On - The Sidarskys are moving to a newer mouse hole around the corner. Clifford offers to help them move the big family clock when he comes back from lunch. But on the way back, he gets distracted. By the time he gets back to the laundry room, the Sidarskys have already moved, but things are chaotic because the baby can't sleep without that clock. Clifford feels bad for not being there to help, but he makes amends by moving the clock now and restoring harmony to the Sidarsky household.
* Fair is Fair - Emily Elizabeth and Nina volunteer to read to kids at the book fair, but problems arise when their replacements - Shun and Evan - don't show up in time.